Wikiposts

Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Originally Posted by Olive101
Hello there

We shall be emigrating to Adelaide as soon as the house sells......

Two buyers pulled out thus far - one the day AFTER Crown had packed up the entire house.

Fingers crossed it sells asap and we can rebook everything for later this year.

No idea what to do about s/term accommodation when we arrive - On Arrival Accommodation seems a bit hit and miss.

We should have been flying out on 5 July - instead and I will now be stuck at work in the UK. Ho hum.

Still - the only things in life worth having are those you work for

All those going to Australia imminently - good luck - you sods!
That's awful, Hopefully things will change soon and the buyer of your dreams will turn up. We're just starting the whole house selling thing which I'm dreading. We only bought it 18 months ago so are likely to be losing money on it as well which is a bugger as we'll need all we can get but hey, if it just sells I'll be happy!
Good luck with finding a buyer
Jo

P.s can anyone tell me what this karma stuff is all about - I've sent you some but no idea what it is /does!!!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Olive101
Hello there

We shall be emigrating to Adelaide as soon as the house sells......

Two buyers pulled out thus far - one the day AFTER Crown had packed up the entire house.

Fingers crossed it sells asap and we can rebook everything for later this year.

No idea what to do about s/term accommodation when we arrive - On Arrival Accommodation seems a bit hit and miss.

We should have been flying out on 5 July - instead and I will now be stuck at work in the UK. Ho hum.

Still - the only things in life worth having are those you work for

All those going to Australia imminently - good luck - you sods!
Sorry to hear the news... Have you thought of renting the house out?

Thoughts with you

Claire
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:44 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CORKER
Hi, Don't want to sound too thick but what is "Aussieassist"???? I've heard all about meet and greet..!!!!

CORKER
www.aussieassist.com
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

nik laws will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
That's awful, Hopefully things will change soon and the buyer of your dreams will turn up. We're just starting the whole house selling thing which I'm dreading. We only bought it 18 months ago so are likely to be losing money on it as well which is a bugger as we'll need all we can get but hey, if it just sells I'll be happy!
Good luck with finding a buyer
Jo

P.s can anyone tell me what this karma stuff is all about - I've sent you some but no idea what it is /does!!!
Your p.s made me giggle cause i've been wondering the same thing but did nt want to ask.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:59 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to all of you...

Just as a teaser.....

It's been a perfect winter day here today out in the Adelaide Hills. A little bit of rain earlier followed straight away by clear blue skies. Ideal for a gentle walk into the local town to buy groceries at the very old fashioned general store then back to feed the chickens.

This evening it's been cool enough to justify firing up the woodburner and open a bottle.

You've made the right choice - it's not bad out here.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:08 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kentcoast

Just as a teaser.....

It's been a perfect winter day here today out in the Adelaide Hills. A little bit of rain earlier followed straight away by clear blue skies. Ideal for a gentle walk into the local town to buy groceries at the very old fashioned general store then back to feed the chickens.

This evening it's been cool enough to justify firing up the woodburner and open a bottle.

Good to see you have found your "NIRVANA" good luck K/C may your "positivity" Flow on..............mm
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:15 pm
We arrived november 2004

Originally Posted by mr mover
Good to see you have found your "NIRVANA" good luck K/C may your "positivity" Flow on..............mm

Hiya MM

Long time no chat...

Yes, we're out at Meadows and both gainfully employed.

Loving every moment of it.

Thanks for all your tips over the last few years by the way - would be a pleasure to buy you a beer or two sometime...

Perry & Sarah
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nik laws
Your p.s made me giggle cause i've been wondering the same thing but did nt want to ask.
I don't mind looking stupid! Although as for an answer no-one seems to have come up with one yet so maybe it's an undefinable (sp?) quality. Let me know if you ever find out !
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
I don't mind looking stupid! Although as for an answer no-one seems to have come up with one yet so maybe it's an undefinable (sp?) quality. Let me know if you ever find out !
see posts for little blue boxes ( upper left hand corner) under user name, someone sends you karma by clicking on karma (lower left hand box) and hey presto they can send you karma and you can write what it is for....example help they have given you, sympathy, pleased....whatever perhaps you just liked their post...hope this helps
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Just as a teaser.....

Sounds like what we are hankering after....good for you...and see you soon
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

nik laws will become famous soon enough

Just as a teaser.....

It sounds like you love it out there.Does it get cold in the winter? Sounds like you ve had the perfect day.We are only in first stages of visa,so yes it was a teaser.SOOOOO want to all done and dusted.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:15 am
We arrived november 2004

Originally Posted by nik laws
It sounds like you love it out there.Does it get cold in the winter? Sounds like you ve had the perfect day.We are only in first stages of visa,so yes it was a teaser.SOOOOO want to all done and dusted.
Keep at it and keep your expectations realistic... I'm sure that the reason we're having such a great time is that we didn't come here expecting too much, so everything that comes up roses brings a great feeling.

Yes, it's been a bit chilly - but nothing like back in the UK and the rain over the last few days has almost had people dancing in the streets.

Good luck to you all, keep it real...

BTW I'm not on the Expats board that much these days - living the dream reduces the amount of time that can be spent talking about it, but I'm always willing to help if I can. Feel free to stick me on your contact list - I may not see a post but I'll always respond to an an email or PM.

Perry