Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone East Brisbane?

Anyone East Brisbane?

Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:52 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Smile Anyone East Brisbane?

Hya, Just arrived out here 6th June and wondered if there was any other expats East of Brisbane? ie Wellington Point, Cleveland, Wynnum, Manly, Redlands.....
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone East Brisbane?

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hya, Just arrived out here 6th June and wondered if there was any other expats East of Brisbane? ie Wellington Point, Cleveland, Wynnum, Manly, Redlands.....
Hi there,

there's loads!!!! I'm sure they will all be along soon. How are you finding it so far?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:50 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi there,

there's loads!!!! I'm sure they will all be along soon. How are you finding it so far?
Yeah things are good so far...but still in 'holiday' mode at the moment! Finding it blinking cold though in the early (6am) mornings and at night. Would love to hear from anyone living close by to hear about the area and how people are doing.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:35 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm sure stitch will be along at some point, and she lives in manly. There are hundreds of brits in bayside, just listen out in the shops. Check out the meetups forum, or put something about yourself and see who bites.

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:43 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We're renting a house in Wellington Point at the moment. We've been in the Brisbane area since the beginning of June so not too long. It seems like a nice area and we're house hunting here at the moment since we have to be out of our rental by the end of September.

We're from Canada and we have been huddled under blannkets in the evening and have had our electric heaters running most of the time. I miss having a furnace. I can't complain about the day time weather but I still can't wait until it warms up a bit.

Anyway...if you ever want to meet up let me know. I'm 28 and have two little kids (3.5 and 11 months).
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:49 am
Enjoying the good life!

Hya, great to hear from you, would love to meet up...weonly arrived 6th June also. PM me you mob number and I will give you a call. Sarah.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted on the meet-ups section if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:44 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Yep I am in Wynnum West and loving it....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:45 pm
Enjoying the good life!

Originally Posted by Brisben
Yep I am in Wynnum West and loving it....
There is going to be a meeting this Sunday 22nd July at 2pm at Wellington Point playpark...right at the end, anyone is welcome to come along and say hello. Looking forward to meeting you all. Sarah.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:11 am
Brisbane or bust!

Hooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant future

Hi All!
I'm in Redland Bay! Hubbie and I have been here since beginning of June. He's been working since then and I've been going slightly insane talking to the four walls! Dial-up internet has only just let me check out this site again! Hooray! Would love to meet up with anyone (I don't have kids yet so hope I can still join the gang!)but may be visiting north on Sunday. Can I come along if we're in the area??? Start work at Ikea (I'm hoping for staff discount!) on Monday but it's part time hours so could still be 'sociable'!!!
Cheers
Loren
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hooch&Lol
Hi All!
I'm in Redland Bay! Hubbie and I have been here since beginning of June. He's been working since then and I've been going slightly insane talking to the four walls! Dial-up internet has only just let me check out this site again! Hooray! Would love to meet up with anyone (I don't have kids yet so hope I can still join the gang!)but may be visiting north on Sunday. Can I come along if we're in the area??? Start work at Ikea (I'm hoping for staff discount!) on Monday but it's part time hours so could still be 'sociable'!!!
Cheers
Loren
You'll make friends pretty quick if we could all get a staff discount!

Definitely come along and meet everyone. You could always borrow one or two of my kids
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:18 am
Enjoying the good life!

Originally Posted by Hooch&Lol
Hi All!
Cheers
Loren
Yeah it would be great to meet you...pop along...doesnt matter kids or no kids. Sarah
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Hi We're in Carina so not too far, hope to pop along to meet on Sunday.

See you then!

Rach
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:40 am
Enjoying the good life!

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Hi We're in Carina so not too far, hope to pop along to meet on Sunday.

See you then!

Rach
Excellent! ....no Carinas not that far at all....see you Sunday. Sarah
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:36 am
Brisbane or bust!

Hooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone!
Didn't make it down there this time cos of things OH had arranged!!!
Love to meet some other time though! Let me know when we could do it again!
Thanks
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.