Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Derbys / Sheffield area????

Anyone in Derbys / Sheffield area????

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

MelodyS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Derbys / Sheffield area????

Hi!!!

I have just joined this today.....

My husband I are SERIOUSLY considering moving down under ( Perth ) and would be great to hear from / meet up with anyone in a similar predicament!

I am all for the move.... my family live in Rockingham, I am a nursing sister ( I am assured that employment would'nt be a problem! ), my husband is as yet undecided....... We also have a six year old son.

It really would be great to hear from other like minded people...............

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:43 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Derbys / Sheffield area????

hi melodys,
there are quite a few of us around sheffield and derby/derbyshire - lots have gone to aus recently though so the meet ups around here kinda dried up, but if you want to organise something then post it a suggestion and see if anyone is interested
im stuck at the mo and cant commit to anything cos of family probs (got both elderly parents in hospital), but theres sheffsparky and lots of others around who might be able to make a meet.
good luck,
sue xx
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MelodyS
Hi!!!

I have just joined this today.....

My husband I are SERIOUSLY considering moving down under ( Perth ) and would be great to hear from / meet up with anyone in a similar predicament!

I am all for the move.... my family live in Rockingham, I am a nursing sister ( I am assured that employment would'nt be a problem! ), my husband is as yet undecided....... We also have a six year old son.

It really would be great to hear from other like minded people...............

Hi

Have a look at the Midlands meet going off this Thursday. Hopefully it's not too far for you to travel.

Jo
x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

We live near Derby, Mansfield actually. We did the move but could not sell the house in Britain and had to return. You are definatly in the right job for OZ and it is a great place to be, but be sure everyone is happy to go, it cost us a fortune and has left us in a mess really. I would love to go back. Also research where you plan to live. Rockhampton is a bit isolated and full of Mozzys. Hope you make it, its a great place to be.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough

We'd love to see you at the Midlands Meet up tomorrow MelodyS.

Check out that link for details :-)
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

stacey.olly will become famous soon enough

Hi all
my husband and i are new to all this, we live in sheffield atm. just starting our self assessment to Vetassess.

my ho is a bricklayer we are going for the visa 175. we are looking to move to mel/vic. we have 3 children, 2 boys 5 and 2, girl just about to turn 1

we have some family out there so hopefully it will all workout, i really cant wait although we only at the start of it all.

hope everything works out keep intouch.

stacey