Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone dealt with customs in Freo recently??

Anyone dealt with customs in Freo recently??

Old May 31st 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone dealt with customs in Freo recently??

Hi ya,

We are expecting our container to arrive in Freo on 4th June. We have used Allied Pickfords.

Any idea how long it's been taking to clear customs. I get the bog standard 10-20days at the moment from Pickfords just wondered if you had a more recent experience.

My daughters birthday is on 11th June and I would love to throw a party the weekend after it but I don't reckon there is a hope in hells chance of our things being with us

Cheers

Poppet
Old May 31st 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone dealt with customs in Freo recently??

Hi there,

We received our container beginning of May, I was told that it would take 10-14 days but I phoned the port directly and asked them when it would clear quarantine, they said they couldn't tell me as that information went to my agent, so I phoned the agent and told them I had spoken to the port (and the shipping company) and low and behold they agreed they could deliver our furniture the following thursday (which was 7 days). If you type in Fremantle ports in the search bar, enter the fremantle port site and then you can navigate yourself around. You can see what ships are in port, ones that are due in port etc. You can also get the shipping line telephone numbers and call the shipping company directly if you know your contaciner number.
Hope this helps, good luck
S xx
Old May 31st 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone dealt with customs in Freo recently??

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi ya,

We are expecting our container to arrive in Freo on 4th June. We have used Allied Pickfords.

Any idea how long it's been taking to clear customs. I get the bog standard 10-20days at the moment from Pickfords just wondered if you had a more recent experience.

My daughters birthday is on 11th June and I would love to throw a party the weekend after it but I don't reckon there is a hope in hells chance of our things being with us

Cheers

Poppet
Hi, our container arrived in Freo on the 5th May. Crown phoned us on the 14th to ask us if we could take delivery of it the following day. Which we couldn't so it has gone into storage for a few weeks.

Nicky x