Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone commute into Perth city?

Anyone commute into Perth city?

Old May 19th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone commute into Perth city?

Hi there,

Where do you commute from and to, what time do you travel in and out, what mode of transport do you use and how long does it take?

I may be working on St. George's Terrace and the thought of Iluka to city on the train fills me with dread (no loo )

We have started househunting in Nedlands, Cottesloe and Wembley Downs as I'd rather drive or catch the bus.

Cheers anyone.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone commute into Perth city?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Hi there,

Where do you commute from and to, what time do you travel in and out, what mode of transport do you use and how long does it take?

I may be working on St. George's Terrace and the thought of Iluka to city on the train fills me with dread (no loo )

We have started househunting in Nedlands, Cottesloe and Wembley Downs as I'd rather drive or catch the bus.

Cheers anyone.
I live in Connolly and my husband gets the train from Joondalup and it is about 50 mins door to door. Train is 25 mins from Joondalup. The traffic in from those places can be awful in a morning plus you have hassle and cost of parking in the city.

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/ has a good journey planner. Put in your address and work address and it will plan your journey to work.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Cheers anyone.
My drive in from the east, roughly 28kms, takes about 30mins and 35-40mins the other way.
Old May 19th 2007, 3:14 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I live in Connolly and my husband gets the train from Joondalup and it is about 50 mins door to door. Train is 25 mins from Joondalup. The traffic in from those places can be awful in a morning plus you have hassle and cost of parking in the city.

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/ has a good journey planner. Put in your address and work address and it will plan your journey to work.
Similar for me. I go from Currambine where there is loads of parking at about 7am.

It is about 30 mins on the train which I don't mind as I put my mp3 player on and chill or sometimes do some reading. The traffic on the freeway looks horrendous most mornings - you need to leave by 6.30 to get a good run. Work provides me with free parking but I couldn't face the queues.

PS There are toilets and Currambine, Joondalup and Perth stations and probably the others too.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Similar for me. I go from Currambine where there is loads of parking at about 7am.

It is about 30 mins on the train which I don't mind as I put my mp3 player on and chill or sometimes do some reading. The traffic on the freeway looks horrendous most mornings - you need to leave by 6.30 to get a good run. Work provides me with free parking but I couldn't face the queues.

PS There are toilets and Currambine, Joondalup and Perth stations and probably the others too.
Oh thanks for that, really helpful. Is there a train that misses some stations or is that only wishful thinking? I've only used the train once with the children (for something to do!) and it was very clean. Stopped at every hole in the hedge, but then it would!
Old May 19th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Also, what would the parking be like at about 7.30-8am - no chance at Currambine? I'll be headed along Burns Beach Road from Ilukaville.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird

Thanks so much, very helpful.

Mrs.J.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:26 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I drive into Subi, I leave at 7am and am there before 8am
Old May 19th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sme
I drive into Subi, I leave at 7am and am there before 8am
Where from?
Old May 19th 2007, 6:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Where from?
Nutbush City Limits.....
Old May 19th 2007, 7:07 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for that, really helpful. Is there a train that misses some stations or is that only wishful thinking? I've only used the train once with the children (for something to do!) and it was very clean. Stopped at every hole in the hedge, but then it would!
In rush hour every second one misses Glendalough and Leederville. There are also some that run Whitfords-Perth all stops.

It is always clean and punctual (but at 4 minute intervals that hardly matters)
Old May 19th 2007, 7:09 am
A former regular of BE

Also, what would the parking be like at about 7.30-8am - no chance at Currambine? I'll be headed along Burns Beach Road from Ilukaville.
From Joondalup what parking there is has gone by about 7.15 - you can park in the basketball arena car park but I wouldn't fancy that at night. No problems at all parking at Currambine - always loads of spaces. We were in Duncraig for 3 weeks on arrival and found parking at Warwick station was full at 9am.
Old May 19th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

In rush hour every second one misses Glendalough and Leederville. There are also some that run Whitfords-Perth all stops.

It is always clean and punctual (but at 4 minute intervals that hardly matters)

You are quite right, that sounds great. Especially after my last commuting days were on the tube (some time back I should add!)

Where is Bal56, not seen him around recently.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:34 am
A former regular of BE

You are quite right, that sounds great. Especially after my last commuting days were on the tube (some time back I should add!)

Where is Bal56, not seen him around recently.
I did see a post from Brian recently. He just passed the 2 year mark out here and was supposed to be organising a to celebrate.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I did see a post from Brian recently. He just passed the 2 year mark out here and was supposed to be organising a to celebrate.

I've not been about much on here, perhaps that's why. 2 years - us too, back in March. Amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.