Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone commute to the CBD by motorbike from Northern Beaches?

Anyone commute to the CBD by motorbike from Northern Beaches?

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Plentymech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone commute to the CBD by motorbike from Northern Beaches?

Hi,

Moving out from the UK in October 2012 to Sydney, most likely the Cromer area.

I've spent a lifetime commuting to London on a bike and wondered if anyone’s done it from the NB to the CBD. Been up and down the Pittwater Road a few times when I was over and wasn’t the most bike friendly road I’ve ever been on.

Thanks for any info.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:51 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone commute to the CBD by motorbike from Northern Beaches?

I don't commute along that route but I ride around that area sometimes. I wouldn't have thought it would be particularly relaxing but it should be fine. NB that you can use most bus lanes on two wheels in Sydney.

It'll be bloody hot in summer, though!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone commute to the CBD by motorbike from Northern Beaches?

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar

It'll be bloody hot in summer, though!
There is also heavy rain on a fairly regular basis which wouldn't be much fun either I expect. So you might want to ensure you are equally comfortable with the other transport options. I travel in on the bus every day and find it ok.