Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone for coffee in the city (Adelaide)

Anyone for coffee in the city (Adelaide)

Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice
Default Anyone for coffee in the city (Adelaide)

Hi all

Would anyone like to come along for a coffee and a chat next Thursday 6th December. Starbucks Rundle Mall. 10 am onwards.

Would be nice to meet up with a few new faces and for anyone feeling a bit down or lonely.

Let me know if you need directions or if you are coming along.

(Wendy you don't need to let me know as we are allways there.)

Julia.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone for coffee in the city (Adelaide)

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
Hi all

Would anyone like to come along for a coffee and a chat next Thursday 6th December. Starbucks Rundle Mall. 10 am onwards.

Would be nice to meet up with a few new faces and for anyone feeling a bit down or lonely.

Julia.
I can't come.

Only kidding, see you on the bus
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Was just about to ask why not until I scroled down and saw the rest of your reply.

It's a good job your coming cos I made my driving lesson for Wednesday instead.

Julia.x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Was just about to ask why not until I scroled down and saw the rest of your reply.

It's a good job your coming cos I made my driving lesson for Wednesday instead.

Julia.x

I've got a big country drive on Friday

But I passed my traffic light, turning into traffic and roundabout assessment today
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done. I have country lanes and heavy traffic as well next week.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bumpety bump
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:40 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

Julia.
Hi Julia, I'd love to come along if that's ok. Wendy kindly gave me a heads up on the invite but I thought I'd best officially announce my intentions to start getting out of the apartment and doing some of that scary 'meeting people' stuff

See you on Thursday.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Great. See you on Thursday.

Julia.x
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:15 am
Just Joined

SirDigbyChickenCaesar is an unknown quantity at this point

This is totally off-topic, but I'm just about to try to do my driving log book in Adelaide, who is everyone learning with? Is it hard to drive Aussie roads? I've been on a provis. in the UK for years...time to grow up methinks
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SirDigbyChickenCaesar
This is totally off-topic, but I'm just about to try to do my driving log book in Adelaide, who is everyone learning with? Is it hard to drive Aussie roads? I've been on a provis. in the UK for years...time to grow up methinks

I'm using Drive Torque, but he only does the Northern Suburbs. He's great though

I'm finding it pretty easy compared to the UK, the roads aren't as busy here. Plus you can learn in an Automatic
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm using Better School of Driving who are based in Wynvale in the Northern Suburbs.

Where abouts in Adelaide are you?

Julia.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

SirDigbyChickenCaesar is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm right in the centre, north adelaide but moving into the city. I've never needed to drive properly before, I've always lived next to work and hubby makes a great chauffeur, but I've seen some fab cars out here...it's much more tempting to think yeah, when I pass I'll buy a convertible cadillac or a Ford Mustang and razz around town avoiding anywhere I have to parallel park
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Julia.
Ah bugger - only just saw this. Will try and make it - but might be struggling.Really enjoyed our last meet up - you ladies always make me smile.
Nick
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. We aim to please. Hope you can make it as had a laugh last time.

Julia.x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Mudmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to come. We have been here two years and have plenty of aquaintences but not made many friends. Everyone I meet is Australian and already has a network of friends and family. I am a housewife (39) and now the children are getting older (girls 15 and 12) I think I am going to be stuck in the house with no chance of making friends.
Trudi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.