Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with children up for a daytime meet in Melbourne?

Anyone with children up for a daytime meet in Melbourne?

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 7:57 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default Anyone with children up for a daytime meet in Melbourne?

Hi, we just arrived 4 weeks ago and we're renting in Rowville. I have 2 children aged 6 and 3 and my H starts work on 8th Jan - the thought of entertaining them day in day out on my own until school restarts at the end of Jan is filling me with dread. My son has done 2.5 weeks at school but it hasn't given us enough time to get to know other mums/arrange playdates.

Hubby and I will no doubt try and get along to some of the meets too!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Haley & Craig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with children up for a daytime meet in Melbourne?

Hello, I've recently moved to Berwick with my husband and 2 year old son. I think we are about 25 mins from you? Let me know if you'd like to meet up,
Cheers,
Haley
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:09 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Haley & Craig
Hello, I've recently moved to Berwick with my husband and 2 year old son. I think we are about 25 mins from you? Let me know if you'd like to meet up,
Cheers,
Haley
Ooh a reply!! Was beginning to think no-one read this forum! Will PM you.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Tina1962 will become famous soon enoughTina1962 will become famous soon enough

Hi I'm Tina From Exeter Devon, now living in Narre Warren, I'm still trying to understand this forum I have two children 17yrs and 20 but would love to catch up with peps from the uk.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:24 am
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Tina1962
Hi I'm Tina From Exeter Devon, now living in Narre Warren, I'm still trying to understand this forum I have two children 17yrs and 20 but would love to catch up with peps from the uk.
Hi Tina - happy to meet anyone! I was looking for things to do with the kids until they go back to school. I don't think Narre Warren is that far from me either
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:35 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

We will also be having a meet up after Australia day, probably first Saturday in August around Mordialloc.
We normally get quite a few Ex Pats coming to these meets so watch out for news of them on Britvics site.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:02 am
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Bordy
We will also be having a meet up after Australia day, probably first Saturday in August around Mordialloc.
We normally get quite a few Ex Pats coming to these meets so watch out for news of them on Britvics site.
Thanks Bordy, sounds good! August is a way away though

Being a bit thick here but is Britvics a separate site - what's the url please?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spikey
Thanks Bordy, sounds good! August is a way away though

Being a bit thick here but is Britvics a separate site - what's the url please?
WTF was I on last night.

Of course I meant February, not sure where August came from.

Keep an eye out for meet ups here Spikey.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...ex.php?act=idx
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:40 am
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Bordy
WTF was I on last night.

Of course I meant February, not sure where August came from.

Keep an eye out for meet ups here Spikey.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...ex.php?act=idx
LOL, I did wonder

Thanks for the url, off to have a look
Old Jan 6th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all. We have been here nearly 6 months, moved last week from Rowville to Packenham, how you doing Spikey? There seems to be a few of us over this side of the city and although I don't have little ones anymore ( only a grunting 18 year old) it would be nice to meet up with you all.
What do you think?
Sue
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:08 am
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future

Hi Tina1962 and Bookie,
We too have a teenager (18 Yr Old) and live in Berwick, not that far from either of you . Our son is missing his friends from the UK so might welcome some interaction with others of a similar age group. We quite like meeting people in the same boat too. If you fancy a cuppa or a Beer or too, give us a shout. PM is probably the best way. Hi Bordy btw ...long time no see.

Tina
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:20 am
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Bookie
Hi all. We have been here nearly 6 months, moved last week from Rowville to Packenham, how you doing Spikey? There seems to be a few of us over this side of the city and although I don't have little ones anymore ( only a grunting 18 year old) it would be nice to meet up with you all.
What do you think?
Sue
Oh hi there - just about to post about a meet at the Caribbean Gdns on Wednesday if that suits you?

Any of you with grunting teenagers that like babysitting? Think that's going to be our biggest hurdle for getting out and about more...
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Oh pants I can"t do Wedneday cos my brother is arriving from NZ on the final leg of his 4 month holiday. The only day I'm free next week is Tuesday.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:40 am
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Bookie
Oh pants I can"t do Wedneday cos my brother is arriving from NZ on the final leg of his 4 month holiday. The only day I'm free next week is Tuesday.
Oh shame - the Caribbean place is only open on Wednesdays and Sundays. I'm happy to meet people other days too, I have another 3 weeks before the kids are back at school/kinder.