Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Cairns??

Wikiposts

Anyone in Cairns??

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

helen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nice
Question Anyone in Cairns??

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving to Cairns in a couple of months and am looking to meet up with any expats!
My husband is already over there working fly in fly out to PNG from Cairns...I'm a primary school teacher and hoping to find some sort of job working with children as soon as I get there (I've heard down the grapevine that the quota of teaching jobs is well and truly full!)

If anyone knows of any expat meets or has any advice I'd love to hear about it!

Many thanks!!!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Cairns??

Hi Helen!
Just to say good luck with your move. Whereabouts in Cairns will you be?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:06 am
Just Joined

helen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nicehelen29 is just really nice

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the reply. We're hoping to get an apartment in Clifton Beach if everything goes well!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice. There were some really good deals on apartments there, pretty sure some still available.
Where's your OH staying on his FIFO from PNG?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

At the moment he's staying at a motel in Trinity paid for by the company, he's going to set up some apartment viewings with some agencies for when I arrive.
We're looking at the big complexes with pool, gym etc, so hopefully we'll get a good deal somewhere!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

R00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant futureR00ksie has a brilliant future

Hi there. I was in Cairns for 4 years. Not a sniff of a teaching job. Contract work is rare as hens teeth. Good luck!!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by helen29
At the moment he's staying at a motel in Trinity paid for by the company, he's going to set up some apartment viewings with some agencies for when I arrive.
We're looking at the big complexes with pool, gym etc, so hopefully we'll get a good deal somewhere!
A work colleague lives in one of those places. I'll try & find out more. It may take a week or two as we are both part-time but I will get back to you.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sally, that would be really helpful!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Sally, that would be really helpful!
No worries. I will try & find out what I can about teaching too but I have heard that it is hard to get work, so be prepared.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

I've also heard the same about the teaching...have had messages from a couple of teachers in Cairns who are being very helpful so fingers crossed!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've also heard the same about the teaching...have had messages from a couple of teachers in Cairns who are being very helpful so fingers crossed!
Oh well that's good.(That you have help not the job situation!) I'll focus on the units then.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks Sally
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Finally worked with the girl that lives at Clifton. She has an apartment at Clifton Waters. She says that she would not particularly recommend it. She says it is not as well run as it was originally, & they have issues with noisy neighbours & noise within the complex generally. She is planning to move when their lease is up.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Thank you for finding that out Sally, very interesting information! I did wonder whether these complexe would be quite noisy and almost hotel like. I will keep this in mind for sure.

Thanks again

Helen
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One of the issues there may be that they are on at a very good rent, fully furnished so are probably attracting a lot of very young people. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course but there is a greater tendency to parties & less regard for others imo. There are some places that look good in smaller complexes too, you shouldn't have any trouble finding something you like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.