Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone built with Orbit or Dixon Homes?

Anyone built with Orbit or Dixon Homes?

Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:59 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default Anyone built with Orbit or Dixon Homes?

Be interested in anyone's experiences (good and bad) if they have used either of the above builders?

Many thanks
Sunshine Sarah
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:58 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone built with Orbit or Dixon Homes?

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
Be interested in anyone's experiences (good and bad) if they have used either of the above builders?

Many thanks
Sunshine Sarah
Haven't built with either of them but Dixon aka Tamawood don't have a very good reputation. I have a friend who sells a certain product to all of the big building groups (in Queensland) and they are the worst he has dealt with, in terms of standard of build.

Jane
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone built with Orbit or Dixon Homes?

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Haven't built with either of them but Dixon aka Tamawood don't have a very good reputation. I have a friend who sells a certain product to all of the big building groups (in Queensland) and they are the worst he has dealt with, in terms of standard of build.

Jane
Again no previous experience with either but I seem to remember sometime 2004/2005 there were several reports in the Sunshine coast daily regarding Tamawood/Dixon homes, I can not recall the details but it certainly was not house of the year award, have a look in the local library, they should have a copy somewhere.