Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone with bubs born around Mar 07 in Perth?

anyone with bubs born around Mar 07 in Perth?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough
Default anyone with bubs born around Mar 07 in Perth?

hi all,

we have been here 6 months just NOR.. struggling to find other expat mums with little bubs?

anyone else..? I work part time but have a couple of days off in the week so would love to meet up with other mums ...

Lisa x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:21 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone with bubs born around Mar 07 in Perth?

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
hi all,

we have been here 6 months just NOR.. struggling to find other expat mums with little bubs?

anyone else..? I work part time but have a couple of days off in the week so would love to meet up with other mums ...

Lisa x
What is this 'bubs' thing - it's a BABY or a child :curse: Please let's not all dumb down to the Australian slang level.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 232Bar
What is this 'bubs' thing - it's a BABY or a child :curse: Please let's not all dumb down to the Australian slang level.
oh chill! its not just an australian slang term.
anyway, at 1 years old is that still classed as a baby I dont know?

either way.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:41 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Try a 'google' for your local 'bub hub' group....dunno about the ex-pat side of things, but they are a great form of support and posible friendships.

Jan
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

thanks Jan,

will check it out.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:52 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

oh chill! its not just an australian slang term.
anyway, at 1 years old is that still classed as a baby I dont know?

either way.
Then it's a child and I never heard bub used anywhere else - bloody stupid word if you ask me
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Then it's a child and I never heard bub used anywhere else - bloody stupid word if you ask me
I didn't.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:22 am
Banned

I didn't.
No problem - I still like you to know my opinion. Bub has to be even worse than Firey, Ambo, Smoko, Arvo, Servo, Pushie, Tradie and all the other crap truncated words they use here, along with farewelled, bashed, bingle to name but a few.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I've never heard of bub either..what a crazy name for a baby
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

No problem - I still like you to know my opinion. Bub has to be even worse than Firey, Ambo, Smoko, Arvo, Servo, Pushie, Tradie and all the other crap truncated words they use here, along with farewelled, bashed, bingle to name but a few.
I guess if you are not circulating amongst the baby community (!) then you wouldn't have heard it - and like I said its certainly not an Oz word, I've only been here 6 months and heard it flung about in 'Royal' Tunbridge Wells all the time, bubba/bubs etc.. certainly not in the realms of Davo, Arvo, Jono, Bobo etc!!

anyway, I was looking for other mums to meet - wasn't expecting to hear I was dumbing down!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

I think 232 bar has a bit to much time on his hands, gutted that you arn't living in Brisbane wanting to play dungeon and dragons.

Back of the net

Goodluck with finding some chums
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Tunbridge Wells! I used to go to gigs at the forum there all the time
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gelectrox
Tunbridge Wells! I used to go to gigs at the forum there all the time
ahh the public toilet.. what a venue!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

apparntly now back to its original use
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

theThompsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you lisa

We are the Thompson family and can not wait to get to perth we are Jo 39 Steve 31 Bradley 3 and Dylan 9 months.

We fly out to rockingham perth on the 8th of May with a three day stop over in hong kong.

Starting to become very real now. We are moving from Folkestone i am sure i do not need to tell you where this is as you will know.

Be great to meet up when we get there and yes we have heard of the expression bubba.

The Thompsons xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.