Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought in UK from Oz?

Anyone bought in UK from Oz?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:14 am
TobyMc

TobyMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Anyone bought in UK from Oz?

Hi, Sorry if this sounds weird, but we never sold our 1st floor flat in UK, and its in an old converted house, whihc had been split into two flats. The ground floor has come up for sale and as we dont know where to buy here yet, we thought we would try and invest in it. The Nationwide wouldnt lend us any more money, they dont do buy to lets. There 'sister' company wouldnt lend us the money as we are not a UK tax payer. So not really sure what to do, dont particulalry want to borrow money is AUS. As i here ANZ can lend us the money.

So if anyone who is now living here, but bought in UK can they let me know how they did it.

thanks

Cheers

tobymc
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:12 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone bought in UK from Oz?

Have you tried talking to a mortgage broker in the UK? Let them do the leg work for you. You can buy property in Oz whule you are in the UK so there is no reason why it should not work the other way round.