Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought a new car recently?

Anyone bought a new car recently?

Old May 14th 2007, 7:44 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone bought a new car recently?

I'm thinking of taking advantage of one of these end of finanical year deals...
Just trying to find out if anyone has bought a new car in the past few months and if so what sort of discount they managed to negotiate.
Interested to know:
Type of Car, Dealer purchased from, RRP, price you paid.

Steve
Old May 14th 2007, 7:53 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone bought a new car recently?

Originally Posted by steve99
I'm thinking of taking advantage of one of these end of finanical year deals...
Just trying to find out if anyone has bought a new car in the past few months and if so what sort of discount they managed to negotiate.
Interested to know:
Type of Car, Dealer purchased from, RRP, price you paid.

Steve
It could be me but it seems like the end of calendar year run-outs roll over into end of calendar year run-outs roll-over into end of model run-outs...
Old May 14th 2007, 8:00 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
It could be me but it seems like the end of calendar year run-outs roll over into end of calendar year run-outs roll-over into end of model run-outs...
o youve shattered the illusion
you mean its not a genuine sale
Old May 14th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

just bought a Kia Grande Carnival, paid the list price, but it was upgraded from the base model to the luxury, also got the interior mats, window tints, reverse sensors and sidesteps thrown in.
got a $500 discount for taking a colour that was in stock (it wasn't our favourite) and then the guy rang to say he had made a mistake and got the colour we wanted anyway
Old May 14th 2007, 9:29 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Hit them hard they want your custom, we have bought a new Toyota landcruiser Sahara 4.2TD list price $97500 plus extras(mats,tints etc) including on road costs, we played two toyota dealers of with each other, in the end we paid $817900, we have had the car for four months now. We have been pleased with the discount we managed to get, i suppose it helps with me coming from the car trade in the uk, but you and anyone can get good discounts
Old May 14th 2007, 11:33 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought a brand new Nissan Pathfinder diesel Ti for delivery when we arrive in Oz. Played several dealers off against each other, most bowed out at OTR $56,500.

Our chosen dealer was $55271 including window tints, mats, 5 year warranty.

List price is about $62,000 OTR or something.

Most exciting!

Buzzy
Old May 14th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Hey,

We have lined up a Nissan X-Trail, the recent price drop put the Ti model at around $33500 (RRP $35,990). We got the car plus $1600's worth of extras, on the road for $31500 and we got 12 months rego and the first free service included.

Probably could have got more but having lined it up from here in the uk we are happy with the price.

Cheers
Old May 14th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi
Hit them hard they want your custom, we have bought a new Toyota landcruiser Sahara 4.2TD list price $97500 plus extras(mats,tints etc) including on road costs, we played two toyota dealers of with each other, in the end we paid $817900, we have had the car for four months now. We have been pleased with the discount we managed to get, i suppose it helps with me coming from the car trade in the uk, but you and anyone can get good discounts
Bet the salesman is still on holiday! Have never heard of anyone bartering UP from under $100k to over $800k. Your just showing off mate!

Last edited by bradfordlad; May 14th 2007 at 2:13 pm. Reason: could'nt resist!
Old May 14th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gothchick
hi

just bought a Kia Grande Carnival, paid the list price, but it was upgraded from the base model to the luxury, also got the interior mats, window tints, reverse sensors and sidesteps thrown in.
got a $500 discount for taking a colour that was in stock (it wasn't our favourite) and then the guy rang to say he had made a mistake and got the colour we wanted anyway
How much did you pay as can't seem to find the list price? What is the difference between the carnival and the grande carnival, just more boot space?

Thanks in advance

Nic
Old May 14th 2007, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I just bought a brand new Nissan Pathfinder diesel Ti for delivery when we arrive in Oz. Played several dealers off against each other, most bowed out at OTR $56,500.

Our chosen dealer was $55271 including window tints, mats, 5 year warranty.

List price is about $62,000 OTR or something.

Most exciting!

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy
I have been looking at a pathfinder for the wife.Which dealer are you using and are they going to drop it at the airport for you.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit
Hi Buzzy
I have been looking at a pathfinder for the wife.Which dealer are you using and are they going to drop it at the airport for you.
Which part of Oz are you going to mate?

Buzzy
Old May 14th 2007, 5:54 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

This was the deal I got was

HYUNDAI SANTAFE 2.2 SLX CRDI $43490.00
METTALIC PAINT $350.00
TINT $495.00
TOW BAR $895.00
CARPET MATS $120.00
BONNET PROTECTOR $135.00
HEAD LIGHT PROTECTOR $110.00
STYLE VISORS $100.00
STAMP DUTY $914.00
REGISTRATION $264.35
CTP $290.20
DEALER DELIVERY $2195.00
TOTAL $49358.55

ENGLISH DISCOUNT $5858.55

try drive.com.au .. it'll let you email all the local dealers , and then u can start dealing
Old May 14th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Which part of Oz are you going to mate?

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy.
We are going to Perth In July.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:20 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by canifixit
Hi Buzzy.
We are going to Perth In July.
OK well I suggest you have a chat with some Perth dealers, we bought in Melbourne and the dealer is delivering the car to the airport as part of the deal. I have heard that you will pay more for a Nissan in WA than in VIC, I may have remembered that wrong. Just play the dealers off against each other.

Buzzy
Old May 14th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

OK well I suggest you have a chat with some Perth dealers, we bought in Melbourne and the dealer is delivering the car to the airport as part of the deal. I have heard that you will pay more for a Nissan in WA than in VIC, I may have remembered that wrong. Just play the dealers off against each other.

Buzzy
Cheers Buzzy.Thought about the ST-L Diesel Manual as well. This seems to list at about $10,000 less than the Ti. It does not have the following:
side airbags
curtain srs airbags
rear park assist
charcoal leather seats
heated front seats
glass/tilt/sunroof
rear aircon
rear seat entertainment system.

A bit more thinking to be done but I always screw dealers down till they squeek.
Might also consider pre ordering for when we arrive.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.