Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone bought or buying a business in Qld

anyone bought or buying a business in Qld

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone bought or buying a business in Qld

Have you bought, started or are going to buy a business in Queensland. I am thinking of buying a business or buying into a business when i come over this year. What business do you have. How is it going. Do you have any advice.

Graham (hamiltonnz)
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: anyone bought or buying a business in Qld

Originally posted by glhall
Have you bought, started or are going to buy a business in Queensland. I am thinking of buying a business or buying into a business when i come over this year. What business do you have. How is it going. Do you have any advice.

Graham (hamiltonnz)
I've started a couple of business's in the past, I've even just set up another recently, although I haven't actually begun trading yet, through lack of enthusiasm, or being lazy , rather than anything else.

What type of business are you thinking of, and what area ?

Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone bought or buying a business in Qld

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I've started a couple of business's in the past, I've even just set up another recently, although I haven't actually begun trading yet, through lack of enthusiasm, or being lazy , rather than anything else.

What type of business are you thinking of, and what area ?
I havnt decided yet what kind of business but Ive been looking on the web for businesses for sale up to $200,000. Im open to anything at this stage. As for area, anywhere in southern to mid queensland / northern NSW within 1 hour of the coast.
I started a fitness centre here in NZ a while ago and owned that for 4 years - then recently I owned a small building company building masonry homes for the last couple of years even tho Im not a builder by trade- hard work long hours and stressful that was. Im currently working as a civil engineer in a district Council in central North island. I have decided that at this stage it will be better for us to be in business than spend our money on a house and work for wages. A business will provide a better income. Will give us a chance to look around as well and see what the housing market does over the next year or two in Aus so I will rent the meantime. Were coming over for 9 days in early july for a look around/make contacts/check out the localities trip.
Graham