Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE WITH A BIO/ENVIROCYCLE WASTE TREATMENT SYSTEM

ANYONE WITH A BIO/ENVIROCYCLE WASTE TREATMENT SYSTEM

Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future
Default ANYONE WITH A BIO/ENVIROCYCLE WASTE TREATMENT SYSTEM

Does anyone have any experience of living with one of these systems as opposed to a traditional septic tank installation. We are about to make a Council application to extend our property and will probably be forced to replace our septic system with the above. It appears from my internet searches that cleaning products etc. will be severely limited Any information would be appreciated.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:40 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: ANYONE WITH A BIO/ENVIROCYCLE WASTE TREATMENT SYSTEM

Gill,

We have a BioCycle system and it's excellent. You are limited with some cleaning material (such as bleach), but there are many enviromentally friendly products that are available.

The recycled water that is produced by the system is used to water our garden.

PM me if you need anymore information.

Antney
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:08 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We have one, I like it from an environmental point of view but despair when it comes to getting my whites anything other than grey, however after accidently pouring acid down it I realised they are a bit more hardy than I was led to believe so do very occasionally do a load of whites with a phosphate powder and haven't killed it yet. Very easy to operate - man just comes once a 1/4 to check - haven't had any dramas with ours and have found lots of cleaning products which work well (except on white school socks and Karate kits). As the other poster said the water goes back into the garden which I'm sure will be a great benefit if it ever stops raining here
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We had a biocycle on the acerage, the one with the worms, they compost it and the excess water comes back up through soakage trenches. We had no problems with it, however the previous owners had Huge problems with it according to the neighbours and the council was called in (excess water and smell) , the trenches could not cope, clay soil I believe was the factor and another huge area was reclaimed as trenches. By the time we got it, all was working, we used green products for all cleaning, no bleach etc, bicarb instead of chemicals, we even had a spa bath and it coped.

Main problem we had there was the neighbours behind had a very old fashioned 25yr old system, think it was the pump out one, the woman had 2 babies and a old fashioned aussie top loader, some days she would do load after load and we would get the overflow in our back yard. After several requests to fix it we had to call council in they took samples and found human type waste traces in the water they were ordered to fix it.

On the worm farm type we took an extended warranty, it was $395 a year, you had an electronic back up alarm which connected to the phone and auto called them if a fault occured, and once a year they had to check it all. Was a pretty amazing thing really you could stick your head down the manhole and see thousands of worms working away in tubes and bags, if you went on hols you had to feed them a nice big bucket full of vegie scraps before you went or if you thought the worms were low, I thought it would stink but it didnt at all. I'd say a very good system if designed right for the soil type and size of the house/population.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Antney
Gill,

We have a BioCycle system and it's excellent. You are limited with some cleaning material (such as bleach), but there are many enviromentally friendly products that are available.

The recycled water that is produced by the system is used to water our garden.

PM me if you need anymore information.

Antney

Thanks for that, I have pm'd you for a few details