Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LIVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LIVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:18 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

WE WENT TO PERTH RECENTLY FOR A HOILDAY/ RECCI WE STAYED IN QUINNS ROCK, I WANT TO HEAR FROM ANYBODY WHO WENT THERE TO HEAR WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS WERE.

SI AND CLARE

Last edited by toddsim; Dec 24th 2008 at 6:52 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LIVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Well I lived not to far away from there, in clarkson for the last year. Its a nice enough area with the beach close by but personally I found it to be a bit to far away from the city.
The drive from the city up to clarkson would take almost an hour, which although it doesnt sound to bad the actual distance you travel I found real exhausting. Its kind of like a 2hour drive in the uk, its just so damn far.
The train line, that ends at clarkson proved faster and easier but obviously gets very busy in the mornings. I used to walk there but if you were in quinns you would have to drive to the clarkson station and would struggle to find parking in the mornings.

I guess it comes down to what are you looking for, do you want to be a long way from the action, will you be travelling into the city to work everyday.

I have just moved much closer now I am about 10 minutes bus ride, and although the house is not as nice as before I personally prefer being closer to the city
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:05 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LIVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Too far out for me too. Some think this is a good thing, others a bad thing but it is very English that whole Clarkson area. For instance, I have had very few bad meals in Perth but all those I have had have been in Mindarie / Clarkson.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 9:00 am
simon and clare

Originally Posted by worzel
Too far out for me too. Some think this is a good thing, others a bad thing but it is very English that whole Clarkson area. For instance, I have had very few bad meals in Perth but all those I have had have been in Mindarie / Clarkson.
hi guys, we are still in the u.k at the moment. when we stayed in Quinns we loved the area and the great beach. It was a bit of a trek down to perth and was abit busy coming home during rush hour.....i think we would still buy in quinns if our Visa ever gets granted.....

Was it me or are the Aussie drivers all licenses issued with two tokens from a kellogs box.

si
Old Dec 25th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

people here drive at a slower pace i think, rather than the mad cap rush in the uk where everyone drives as fast as possible even if thats 200yards to next traffic light. Here they go slower, mostly sticking to speed limits, it takes some getting used to but it feels a bit safer
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:07 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by dave99
people here drive at a slower pace i think, rather than the mad cap rush in the uk where everyone drives as fast as possible even if thats 200yards to next traffic light. Here they go slower, mostly sticking to speed limits, it takes some getting used to but it feels a bit safer
hi Dave, i agree with you on this, i found it strange when we were there that everybody stuck to the limit... i am used to going 80 or 90mph here. there its 60mph or 100k's max's and yet they drive big engined cars.

what do u do out there dave
Old Dec 26th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by toddsim
hi Dave, i agree with you on this, i found it strange when we were there that everybody stuck to the limit... i am used to going 80 or 90mph here. there its 60mph or 100k's max's and yet they drive big engined cars.

what do u do out there dave
You soon learn that you have to take the speed limits here very seriously; they are enforced much more rigidly and there is no leeway given at all. Speed cameras are generally not marked (at least in WA) and the police have a disconcerting habit of leaping out from bushes with hand held devices! I drove for more than 20 years in the UK with no endorsements but soon managed to acquire a fine and demerit points here.
(Before anyone says anything I agree that it is not a good thing to speed and that if you get caught speeding you have no one to blame but yourself.)
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

WE WENT TO PERTH RECENTLY FOR A HOILDAY/ RECCI WE STAYED IN QUINNS ROCK, I WANT TO HEAR FROM ANYBODY WHO WENT THERE TO HEAR WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS WERE.

SI AND CLARE
I lived there for six months. It is a bit far away from central Perth if you are driving but good if you can take the train. We moved closer to the city as my wifes journey to work by car took too long. Some areas of Quinns are rougher than others although on the surface everywhere looks lovely.

p.s. typing everything in capitals is the internet equivalent of shouting - a small point but many people get upset by it.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default Re: ANYONE BEEN TO QUINNS ROCK, PERTH, RECENTLY I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

SI AND CLARE
Being somewhere at holiday and actually living there is not the same. If you are going to live here it is quite important how fare away from the CBD, where most of the work is, it is and how long you have to commute. Is it a good suburb, schools, shopping opportunities etc.
Quinns Rocks is bloody far away north. Good for some who are able to find work NOR.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:52 am
simon and clare

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I lived there for six months. It is a bit far away from central Perth if you are driving but good if you can take the train. We moved closer to the city as my wifes journey to work by car took too long. Some areas of Quinns are rougher than others although on the surface everywhere looks lovely.

p.s. typing everything in capitals is the internet equivalent of shouting - a small point but many people get upset by it.
Hi Guys, sounds like everybody starts in the north but you all move south if work in the Perth central area. Food for thought. Speaking of which to much Chicken for xmas dinner.

Hoofie, thanks for the pointer on using Capitals, I got the replies I needed.....LOL

I guess the general view there don't speed ( not that you should anyway) sucks when ya motorcyclist as well. i did notice the road planners there forgot bends in the roads....

si