Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone been nicked on temporrary residency?

Anyone been nicked on temporrary residency?

Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

warwickrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone been nicked on temporrary residency?

If so how did it affect it?

Im on pins here got involved in an unfortunate event 3 months ago and it appears to have come on top - only 2 months off getting my PR!!!

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:46 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone been nicked on temporrary residency?

Originally Posted by warwickrd
If so how did it affect it?

Im on pins here got involved in an unfortunate event 3 months ago and it appears to have come on top - only 2 months off getting my PR!!!

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Are you on a spouse Visa? Reading that earlier you will have to get a Australian police check done at the 2nd stage. I dont know what crimes they are not to hot on.

So i supose it all depends on the severity of the crime, It looks like motoring offences are pretty much ignored.

Kala
Old Mar 13th 2005, 3:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Are you on a spouse Visa? Reading that earlier you will have to get a Australian police check done at the 2nd stage. I dont know what crimes they are not to hot on.
Being a permanent resident offers little or no protection against being removed from Australia for committing crimes. Only Australian citizens cannot be removed, unless their citizenship is revoked.

The seriousness of the issue here depends on what exactly the original poster was 'nicked' for.

Jeremy
Old Mar 13th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Just tell us what you did we all want to know sorry
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:46 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Being a permanent resident offers little or no protection against being removed from Australia for committing crimes. Only Australian citizens cannot be removed, unless their citizenship is revoked.

The seriousness of the issue here depends on what exactly the original poster was 'nicked' for.

Jeremy

Yep which is fully acceptable, however he has not got PR yet and is still on TR so will have to have a police check and wont be automaticaly granted PR (from what I understand from reading the DIMIA web site anyway)

As you say depends what he was arrested for, I shouldn't think a minor driving offence will make a hell of a difference but for all we know he could have done something worth imprisonment in which case I doubt very much he will be allowed to stay.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:19 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Just tell us what you did we all want to know sorry

Lol....you said it...while we all think it

You'll fit in well here

To the original poster: Unless you give some indication as to the severity of the incident then it's difficult to comment on how this will affect you / your circmstances