Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Hitchen for medicals?

Anyone been to Hitchen for medicals?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:02 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone been to Hitchen for medicals?

Hi everyone, has anyone been to Hitchen to have their Medicals done?? Going to book ours for next week hopefully and was going to Harley Street as recommended by a few people on this site. However, Hitchen is a lot closer and would like not to be there too long (some medicals seem to take ages!) as theres five of us including a four year old to keep occupied. Cheers then Dawn x
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone been to Hitchen for medicals?

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi everyone, has anyone been to Hitchen to have their Medicals done?? Going to book ours for next week hopefully and was going to Harley Street as recommended by a few people on this site. However, Hitchen is a lot closer and would like not to be there too long (some medicals seem to take ages!) as theres five of us including a four year old to keep occupied. Cheers then Dawn x
Hi,

Not been there but had mine done in Preston 2 adults and 2 children only took 45 mins for medicals and 30 mins for x-rays.

Derek
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Put Hitchin in the search box & you'll get lots of past comments up

Loopy
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:36 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Anyone been to Hitchen for medicals?

Thanks, tried that but not much on Hitchen. Cheers
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:13 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Try the immigration thread, I posted a detailed account of our meds there last month. Dr Stanley is a nice enough chap, lots of dosh for not a lot of work !
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, tried that but not much on Hitchen. Cheers
Ahh, thought you'd made a typo and was going to tell you about Dr Stanley. Sorry, don't even know where Hitchen is
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

Dawn,
I take it you mean Hitchin. If so I cannot recommend it highly enough, I got aappointment within two days. on the day I was in and out within 20 mins, was told that the results would take a week, but the doc called me two days later to say all the results were back.

The medical is very basic, walked stright in to have the xray then off to collect the pot for a pee sample, by bthe time that had been donw the x-ray had been developed and then went stright into see the doc.

He
Looks at the x-ray
listen to you chest
takes a hammer to you knees
looks in you nose month and ears
feels you stomach
read few letters off a chart
took some blood
rung a tuning fork in your ear
Then asks a few basic questions.

hope this helps.
storerg
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:41 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by storerg
read few letters off a chart
My 4 yr old didn't take his hand away from his eye when Dr Stanley got him to read the letters because Dr Stanley didn't tell him to put it back down

Meds at Hitchin are fine, we went with our 3 kids aged 4 , 6 and 12. Plenty of toys around - they were quite busy on the day we were there and it all took nearly 2 hours.

Hope it goes well Dawn

Gillian
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:50 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Ahh.........thank you so much for your advise, I will def be going there next week. I did make a typing error, which is why I was having problems with my search. Thanks again everyone. Immigration forum is excellent...didnt even know it was there! Bit worried about weight though...hubby fine but I about 3 stone over but were all healthy so hope ok. Also had Tummy Tuck there last year, hope that wont cause any problems, surely it wont as cosmetic.
Thanks again Dawn x
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:00 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Bit worried about weight though...hubby fine but I about 3 stone over but were all healthy so hope ok.
Don't worry - I'm overweight but healthy, meds at Hitchin, visa 1/7/05
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

fatbill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
Don't worry - I'm overweight but healthy, meds at Hitchin, visa 1/7/05
Is that Hitchin in Hertfordshire?.
If so, can you give me the address?.
Thx
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Hitchen for our medicals, I think it was in Pinewood Private Hospital. It was fine, very quick and easy. We got appointment really quickly too, that was why we went as there was weeks to wait for London and St Albans.

Would definitely recommend going there. The doctor (cant remember his name) was really relaxed and good with the kids.

Mel