British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone been to Cambridge for medicals? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-been-cambridge-medicals-316150/)

Dawn Jul 26th 2005 1:55 pm

Cambridge/St Albans for medicals?

Hi there, about to book medicals.....well actually, I have booked for Harley street next week but Hubby not sure on going into london at mo. Anyway if anyone had theirs done in Cambridge or St Albans how was it? would like to be in and out as quickly as possible really, as dont like the places too much myself. Any help much appreciated. Dawn x :)

p.s Were all fit and well as far as were award

Jacqui Jul 26th 2005 2:26 pm

Re: Cambridge/St Albans for medicals?

We went to Hitchin (don't recall Cambridge being a choice). Very easy, no "groping" around for me or hubby, despite all of us having had operations over the years, no questions asked about them, it all seemed a bit too straightforward we thought.

AnitaB Jul 27th 2005 7:52 pm

Hi

We are off to Cambridge for our meds on Friday 29th, will let you know how we get on.
They have a website (http://www.cmms.uk.net) and have been quite helpful with our questions so far though.
Only problem is that they will not allow us to arrange for a courier to send the meds to OZ.

Regards

AnitaB

sonictigger Jul 27th 2005 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi there, about to book medicals.....well actually, I have booked for Harley street next week but Hubby not sure on going into london at mo. Anyway if anyone had theirs done in Cambridge or St Albans how was it? would like to be in and out as quickly as possible really, as dont like the places too much myself. Any help much appreciated. Dawn x :)

Hi Dawn,

We went to the Harley street one, who were very friendly & quick on the day, couriered everything off to Sydney in very fast time, only to find they had forgotton to sign the report.....2 weeks delay in getting new forms signed and sent off again (Courier).

As for going to London, don't worry, saw more police that I've ever seen, also, I'm a londoner so would never stop going into Town.

Hope they go well for you.

SiennaRowe Jul 27th 2005 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dawn

My family And myself booked into Cambridge for medicals march this year.We were in And out in about an hour & thats my husband,2 children and myself.Found it easy to find but the parking was a bit dodgy as the car park was a bit small.

good luck.

SiennaRowe Jul 27th 2005 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi

We are off to Cambridge for our meds on Friday 29th, will let you know how we get on.
They have a website (http://www.cmms.uk.net) and have been quite helpful with our questions so far though.
Only problem is that they will not allow us to arrange for a courier to send the meds to OZ.

Regards

AnitaB

We went there in march,found them very helpfull,just make sure you have your forms filled out & if you have any conditions,have a doctors cover letter explaining it.

Good luck.

P.S. my self & family are supposed to be flying out next Friday,pending exchanging contracts on house.

Good Luck. :)

Dawn Jul 28th 2005 8:34 am

OMG good luck with the move, thanks for your reply....bet you cant wait now x
Thanks again everyone

anya4oz Jul 28th 2005 9:22 am

Originally Posted by SiennaRowe
My family And myself booked into Cambridge for medicals march this year.We were in And out in about an hour & thats my husband,2 children and myself.Found it easy to find but the parking was a bit dodgy as the car park was a bit small.

good luck.

We had ours done in Cambridge, too (nearly 2 years ago now!). Believe me, the most stressful thing was getting stuck in the traffic lines getting there (it was a 9am appointment!) :scared: .

The (female) doctor was fine, quite matter of fact & 'jolly hockey sticks' & put us at our ease. The blood test nurse was OK, too, no bruises.

Only thing is, I think they are known to be on the expensive side (but we were both too busy with work to travel further afield).

Good luck.
Cheers
Anya.