Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone for the Ballet in Brisbane?

Anyone for the Ballet in Brisbane?

Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone for the Ballet in Brisbane?

Hi All,

I moved into a Brisbane apartment last Sunday after travelling round Australia in a motorhome for 3 months. I really fancy going to "The Best Bits of Ballet" at Brisbane City Hall on Friday 2nd March 2007. Unfortunately the hubby is a philistine and won't let me drag him along. As I have only been in Brisbane for a week I don't know anyone else to ask so was just wondering if there was anyone out there that fancied it as well?

Have a look here for the details: http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/p...its_ballet.htm

Starts at 7pm (so time for drinkies afterwards as well) and the tickets are Adult $34.75 - $60.75. It would be a great way for me to meet some new people as well so let me know if you are interested

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:46 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone for the Ballet in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by tonik25
Hi All,

I moved into a Brisbane apartment last Sunday after travelling round Australia in a motorhome for 3 months. I really fancy going to "The Best Bits of Ballet" at Brisbane City Hall on Friday 2nd March 2007. Unfortunately the hubby is a philistine and won't let me drag him along. As I have only been in Brisbane for a week I don't know anyone else to ask so was just wondering if there was anyone out there that fancied it as well?

Have a look here for the details: http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/p...its_ballet.htm

Starts at 7pm (so time for drinkies afterwards as well) and the tickets are Adult $34.75 - $60.75. It would be a great way for me to meet some new people as well so let me know if you are interested

Thanks

Sounds wonderful but we are in Melbourne

Hope you enjoy - hubby doesnt know what he's missing
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

LOL thanks, hopefully someone will take pity on me - if not I'll just go on my own like Billy ;o)
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks
I'll check it out. Will get back to you soon.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stitch
I'll check it out. Will get back to you soon.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny,

Appreciate the reply and would love some company if you fancy it. If its not your kind of thing I'm also thinking of going to see Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake - (the one with all the men). I've always fancied it but never got round to it back in the UK. Dates are 28 March - 1 April 2007 at Queensland Performing Arts Centre, South Bank, if that is more up your street.

Cheers
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:52 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ginny,

Appreciate the reply and would love some company if you fancy it. If its not your kind of thing I'm also thinking of going to see Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake - (the one with all the men). I've always fancied it but never got round to it back in the UK. Dates are 28 March - 1 April 2007 at Queensland Performing Arts Centre, South Bank, if that is more up your street.

Cheers
Me and a mate were thinking about that one. Will get back to you.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Thanks
Hi - can't do Fridays but if you ever fancy something on a Saturday - let me know. I live in the City. Sue
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Hi - can't do Fridays but if you ever fancy something on a Saturday - let me know. I live in the City. Sue
Hi Sue, I'm up for suggestions so likewise if you see something that looks good for a Saturday just let me know.

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stitch
Me and a mate were thinking about that one. Will get back to you.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny,

I'm going to book tickets to Swan Lake next week so let me know if you/your friend are still interested in going. Don't worry if not though as they do this thing called Admit One for people who are going on their own which sounds quite good.

http://www.qpac.com.au/events/AdmitONE%20-%20Matthew%20Bourne's%20Swan%20Lake

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:57 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Hi Ginny,

I'm going to book tickets to Swan Lake next week so let me know if you/your friend are still interested in going. Don't worry if not though as they do this thing called Admit One for people who are going on their own which sounds quite good.

http://www.qpac.com.au/events/AdmitONE%20-%20Matthew%20Bourne's%20Swan%20Lake

Cheers
Will see what they say.. Had an unexpected expense flying to Melbourne for a funeral so bit tight but will check out soon.

Cheers

Ginny