Reload this Page >

Anyone with back problems

Anyone with back problems

Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:48 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone with back problems

Have any of those of you who have been for your medicals had back problems in the past?

If so what was your examining doctor's view and/or DIMIA's view?

Any comments much appreciated.

Lisa
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with back problems

Originally posted by EEL
Have any of those of you who have been for your medicals had back problems in the past?

Lisa
Hi Lisa,Mrs.Neal here.We have just got our visas and had to declare my slipped disc at our meds(aswell as a whole host of other probs ).Quite obviously it didn't go against us! Mrs.N
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:01 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

Originally posted by neal
Hi Lisa,Mrs.Neal here.We have just got our visas and had to declare my slipped disc at our meds(aswell as a whole host of other probs ).Quite obviously it didn't go against us! Mrs.N

That makes me feel a lot better. My husband has had back problems on and on for the last few years. It hasn't been anything to keep him off work, but I was so worried about him not getting his Spouse Visa, we were contemplating not mentioning it. We will definitely put it in now.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard that I've passed my medical.
I had facet joint injections followed by facet joint nerves being microwaved (ie back problems!), declared on form. Also had high blood pressure, take anti-depressants and I still passed!

Lesley
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:50 am
EEL
Forum Regular

Originally posted by lesleys
I had facet joint injections followed by facet joint nerves being microwaved (ie back problems!), declared on form. Also had high blood pressure, take anti-depressants and I still passed!

Lesley

Congrats!

My husband has got his medical tonight and we have put down everything that he has had wrong with him on the form. Once it was all written down it didn't sound as bad as what I had previously thought - fingers crossed that the examining doctor thinks the same and that he passes.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:07 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EEL

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I declared a long standing back problem (used to lay floors for a living) I included a letter from my consultant that detailed ongoing treatment.... every thing was fine.. passed Meds & got visa
Good Luck
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:58 am
Just Joined

smithg22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an op for prolapsed disc last august, but thankfully have made a full recovery. At our medicals (january), the doc just checked the scar, asked me to touch my toes, etc., and 'passed' me as far as his comments on the form go. I guess that as discussed in other threads, a lot depends on the doctor you get, and what mood they are in on the day...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

spondy atwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lesleys

Lesley
Curios did your medical examiner mark you as A or B asmy wife has been marked B
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, A or B? Means nothing to me.