Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone arriving in Perth/Tapping area November 08

Anyone arriving in Perth/Tapping area November 08

Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Michelle and Mark is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone arriving in Perth/Tapping area November 08

Hi there, was wondering if any couples or families around our age are going out to Perth late Nov or early Dec. We live in the West London area and it would be great to here from anyone in the same boat as us.

Michelle 34 & Mark 31
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone arriving in Perth/Tapping area November 08

Hi, its a bit of a 'depends' really.

Depends on whether we sell the house before we validate, we are taking a validation hol on 31st oct - 14th Nov and staying in Tapping. If we sell the house we arent coming back, if we dont sell the house then we have to come back unfortunatly.

we are a bit older then you though....im 38 and kevs 41. But if that dont worry you too much then if we are still there we would love to meet up.

Nickie
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

Thanks for replying.....we are not quite as far as you in the process , so if you're OK with that, it would be great to keep in touch....

We are only as far as taking the IELTS and sending the skills assessment. We are planning to lodge the 175 in Nov/Dec whilst in Australia. We plan to stay out in Australia for several months then come back sell the house, organise for the pets to come out etc and return to Oz in about 18 months.

We leave the UK on 31st Oct too and will return next March (later if Mark can get work - he's a gas engineer and can plumb too). What flight are you getting on the 31st?

We have friends of all ages from mid 20s to mid 60s, not sure why I wrote close to our age!

If you're still in Tapping (I do hope you sell the house ), it would be great to meet up. Good luck with the house....

Michelle

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Michelle and Mark
Hello,

Thanks for replying.....we are not quite as far as you in the process , so if you're OK with that, it would be great to keep in touch....

We are only as far as taking the IELTS and sending the skills assessment. We are planning to lodge the 175 in Nov/Dec whilst in Australia. We plan to stay out in Australia for several months then come back sell the house, organise for the pets to come out etc and return to Oz in about 18 months.

We leave the UK on 31st Oct too and will return next March (later if Mark can get work - he's a gas engineer and can plumb too). What flight are you getting on the 31st?

We have friends of all ages from mid 20s to mid 60s, not sure why I wrote close to our age!

If you're still in Tapping (I do hope you sell the house ), it would be great to meet up. Good luck with the house....

Michelle

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Hiya, we are flying Malaysia on the 31st.

Would love to meet up there.

will PM you at some point.

Best warn you though that we have 4 kids, 14,11,10 and 5....so if you can cope with that..haha. best warn you before its too late..haha

nickie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:35 am
Just Joined

We are going with Singapore airlines, the flight is at 11am......maybe we will be at Heathrow around the same time???

We don't have kids ourselves yet but we can certainly cope being around them!

Look forward to hearing from you nearer the time.

Michelle
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

bexandtal is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone arriving in Perth/Tapping area November 08

Hi ya, i'm bex and i hope to be moving to Ashby,near Joondalup in dec or jan. I'm 34 and have an 11yr old son, we're both really looking forward to going. My parents live out there and we've already made some mates whilst on holiday there as the people are really sound. Would be great to get together once we're there. Hope everything goes well for you.
Be happy.
Bex.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying. It's great to hear that you met lots of people out there already and made friends - I was worried it would be harder now compared to when we were in our 20s

Do let us know when you get out there, it would be lovely to meet up. Best of luck with the big move in Dec/Jan.

Michelle
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:41 pm
DMH
Forum Regular

DMH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle and Mark
Thanks for replying. It's great to hear that you met lots of people out there already and made friends - I was worried it would be harder now compared to when we were in our 20s

Do let us know when you get out there, it would be lovely to meet up. Best of luck with the big move in Dec/Jan.

Michelle
How did all you guys get on? We're cross the road (literally) from Tapping. Are any of you out here permanently yet?

We've been here nearly a year now and it's been really good to get back on britishexpats and read about all the people still making the move out here. What a long but exciting process it all is!

If you're still in the process, than good luck. Maybe 2009 will be your big-move year!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:30 am
Just Joined

We left the UK 2 months ago and we're loving it here in Perth. We are not here permanently, however we have finally lodged our 175 application. We are in Tapping for another 2 months, then it's back to the UK to get the house sold, pets sorted etc etc Feeling a little odd right now without our family on tap, particularly as it's Christmas and we don't have a land line in this rental but it will be easier in the future I think. Just need to meet some more people our age and make some new friends.....