Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Wikiposts

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

lovely huge garden at back of crosspool tavern sue, beaut cheap meals too if anyone wants to eat, room for kids to run around.....

debs x
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:24 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbiemc
lovely huge garden at back of crosspool tavern sue, beaut cheap meals too if anyone wants to eat, room for kids to run around.....

debs x
Isnt there a pub near the Arena that has something for children or is that the wacky warehouse? sorry cant remember the name I dont have any kids. The crosspool tavern is nice though
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:30 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Provisionally the 10th September, but I've just read that there is maybe a meet in Derby that day.. What does everyone think

Lindsey
G'day and Eyup to Lindsey & Andy and all you other 'Aussie Wannabe' Tykes...

We had a great time at the NW meet last weekend and can highly recommend meeting up with other potential expats. It's great to encourage one another and enthuse about Oz without having people look at you like this: .

We'd LOVE to do a Yorkshire meet... unfortunately, Saturdays are often busy for us and I'm already committed to a meeting in Glasgow on Saturday 10th September. But we'll do everything we can to make it to the next one (if we're still here..!!)

Have a great time on the 10th September.

Luv n ugs, Rogue Trader, Mrs Rogue and the Roguettes x
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:03 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo 90joe
Hi

I live up Harlow hill, Where are you? Do you fancy meeting for coffee so I can pick your brains.

We want to move to Melbourne, my brother has designed the new train station there and has lots of contacts where are you going.

You dont have a niece called Kerry do you, odd thing to ask but one of my students aunts is going to oz in a few weeks.
We live in Jennyfields and are going to Melbourne I dont have a neice called Kerry but know 4 other nurses going to Oz, seems a popular idea, there will be some nurses left at Harrogate District though . Could meet up on Monday morning if you are free then but I cant guarentee about brains a bit frazzled from working nights and trying to sort out the move. Melx
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meljor
We live in Jennyfields and are going to Melbourne I dont have a neice called Kerry but know 4 other nurses going to Oz, seems a popular idea, there will be some nurses left at Harrogate District though . Could meet up on Monday morning if you are free then but I cant guarentee about brains a bit frazzled from working nights and trying to sort out the move. Melx
Hi Mel, have you got a job yet? The new Epworth Eastern hospital is opening soon here & are looking for 100 + nurses, it was in the paper this week.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:39 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hi Mel, have you got a job yet? The new Epworth Eastern hospital is opening soon here & are looking for 100 + nurses, it was in the paper this week.
Hi Bordy, just replied on Britvics cos I answered my messages there first, cheers hon, Melx
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:24 am
Just Joined

jo 90joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meljor
Monday would be good say a time and place and i will meet you there.

Jo
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:40 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by jo 90joe
Monday would be good say a time and place and i will meet you there.

Jo
How about the valley gardens about 2pm in the cafe I will be with my 2 sons, MEL
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

LouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Hi, Dave and Lou here. We are from the Rotherham area. Good to know we're not alone!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there me again, back from my jollies! I have spoken to the manager at The White Rose Pub, and Saturday the 10th September should be fine. Just need to ring them on the Tuesday prior to give them a better idea of numbers, so if you could let me know that would be great. Cant wait - think I've bored most people I know talking about Oz

Hope to see a few of you then.

Lindsey, Andy and the Boys

PS anyone else around from Donnie
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there me again, back from my jollies! I have spoken to the manager at The White Rose Pub, and Saturday the 10th September should be fine. Just need to ring them on the Tuesday prior to give them a better idea of numbers, so if you could let me know that would be great. Cant wait - think I've bored most people I know talking about Oz

Hope to see a few of you then.

Lindsey, Andy and the Boys

PS anyone else around from Donnie
hi linds,

what kind of time are you thinking of?

steve
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

4pm onwards is the time I have told them.

Lindsey
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:15 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

4pm onwards is the time I have told them.

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey,
Steve works Saturdays so we may not be able to make this ;o(