Reload this Page >

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Hi!
We are from Selby waiting patiently to sell the house before we can return to Perth after our Validation trip in May this year!
Chris

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there have pm a few people from the white rose county and have just been told there are quite a few people around from Yorkshire thought it may be easier to do this. Are any of you interested in having a Yorkshire meet. We went to the NW meet yesterday and it was fantastic meeting other oz wannabees, having a drink and a chat - You are not alone! Don't know where and when yet just interested in numbers. Let me know and will see what I can organise. We are just at the beginning of the whole process (just doing skills assessments) but are hoping to be in Perth next year.

Lindsey, Andy and the boys
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi lindsay

i also went to nw meet yesterday, but had to leave early to pick up son from a party

i hardly spoke to anybody, and would like to possible come to yorkshire meet (if it was this side of yorkshire). we live in rochdale. wherabouts are you thinking of for the meet?

michelle
hI michell we are from rochdale too were abouts we live in castleton and will be moving to oz in november
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Originally Posted by tonyy
hI michell we are from rochdale too were abouts we live in castleton and will be moving to oz in november
I ment were abouts do you live in rochdale sorry did not read wat i was typeing
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

hi everyone
we are Keith, Bev and Emily from Thornhill (near dewsbury)
we are headed out to Brisbane on the 21st September !! OH MY GOD AAAGHHHH :scared:

we had surveyor round today for house sale and now i wont sleep until we have news of his report!!!

has a date been finalised for meet??
and time??
cos we would love to come along and meet our potential new neighbours and share experiences and tips..

bev
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:11 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty much the same on the shopping front, keep forgetting that it will probably take us twelve months from now. The children dont need christmas presents - do they? We are just at the very beginning of the whole process, I am a midwife ( I am actually from Bacup - I trained in Rochdale) and my hubby is a nurse. We are just in the process of getting skills assessments done. Hoping to be in Perth 2006! fingers crossed

Hi, we will probably be in O z before your meet but I just wanted to say hi to fellow yorkshire folk going to Oz especially Melbourne and good luck with everything.

As for Christmas and birthdays my kids got Aussie dollars which really impressed them, looks like monopoly money and they're waterproof , they are looking forward to spending it on new toys in Oz, we were originally from Donny too Melx
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:17 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again.
Although I may not be able to make it to a meet with us leaving soon and being so busy. Ones in wacky warehouses work really well. There is one in Sheffield near Meadowhall for those of you who don't know about it, and probably a good one to meet at with it being near bus/train and tram stops.
Marie
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:21 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi again.
Although I may not be able to make it to a meet with us leaving soon and being so busy. Ones in wacky warehouses work really well. There is one in Sheffield near Meadowhall for those of you who don't know about it, and probably a good one to meet at with it being near bus/train and tram stops.
Marie

hiya marie,
debs and i are trying to find somewhere to organise a meet......provisional date sunday 12th september, 2pmish......venue not sure about! the brewsters/wacky warehouse is likely to be busy on a weekend being so close to meadowhell.....other venues we thought about were the crosspool tavern - not sure if there is anything for kids though..., the pub in meadowhell, the pub up by millhouses park. might do a recce trip in the next couple of days, and then put up a thread.
luck thing, off in 5 weeks.....!!!

sue
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:33 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya marie,
debs and i are trying to find somewhere to organise a meet......provisional date sunday 12th september, 2pmish......venue not sure about! the brewsters/wacky warehouse is likely to be busy on a weekend being so close to meadowhell.....other venues we thought about were the crosspool tavern - not sure if there is anything for kids though..., the pub in meadowhell, the pub up by millhouses park. might do a recce trip in the next couple of days, and then put up a thread.
luck thing, off in 5 weeks.....!!!

sue

I'm off to the dentist in a bit :scared: but I'll have a think and see if I can throw a few ideas your way.
On 12th Sept, I'll of been in Oz for 2 days
We got our passports back a couple of minutes ago with the visas in them so I'm guarding them with my life now. It's scary to think how fast time is flying by for us now
Marie
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Dave - Jackie will become famous soon enoughDave - Jackie will become famous soon enough

Hi there have pm a few people from the white rose county and have just been told there are quite a few people around from Yorkshire thought it may be easier to do this. Are any of you interested in having a Yorkshire meet. We went to the NW meet yesterday and it was fantastic meeting other oz wannabees, having a drink and a chat - You are not alone! Don't know where and when yet just interested in numbers. Let me know and will see what I can organise. We are just at the beginning of the whole process (just doing skills assessments) but are hoping to be in Perth next year.

Hi There

We are both from Doncaster and would love to meet up and share some news.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lindsey,

Dave and I are in Yorkshire, near Wetherby, so we'd be up for Yorkshire meet but we're going to be away on hols in September, so won't be able to make it this time, but count us in for the next one!!

Cheers,

Nicky
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Yes, THEGREATIDIOT is from Yorkshire. Ah, lovely place, lovely people. Salt of the earth.

As opposed to oz, which needs the earth salting.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:25 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
I'm off to the dentist in a bit :scared: but I'll have a think and see if I can throw a few ideas your way.
...cool....im wracking my brains trying to think of somewhere other than brewsters at arena square...

On 12th Sept, I'll of been in Oz for 2 days
We got our passports back a couple of minutes ago with the visas in them so I'm guarding them with my life now. It's scary to think how fast time is flying by for us now
Marie
im sorry i didnt get to meet you for lunch that day at meadowhall......i was on nights and forgot......
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

jo 90joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Hi,

My husband and I have just started all this and we would be totally up for a Yorkshire meet. Fab idea

Just say the word and we will be there.

We are in Harrogate loads of pubs here and nice for a day out.

Last edited by jo 90joe; Aug 3rd 2005 at 4:58 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:15 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo 90joe
Hi,

My husband and I have just started all this and we would be totally up for a Yorkshire meet. Fab idea

Just say the word and we will be there.

We are in Harrogate loads of pubs here and nice for a day out.
Hi, were from Harrogate but will be off the the land downunder in less than a fortnight, whereabouts are you? Melx
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

jo 90joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Hi

I live up Harlow hill, Where are you? Do you fancy meeting for coffee so I can pick your brains.

We want to move to Melbourne, my brother has designed the new train station there and has lots of contacts where are you going.

You dont have a niece called Kerry do you, odd thing to ask but one of my students aunts is going to oz in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.