Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by carolinejones3

The eagal has flown the nest!!!
Oh my what a strange feeling. My baby has all grown up!!
After laughter, frustration and blood, sweat and tears the visa has finally gone!
Now what will i do with my evenings??
Will have to go back to interacting with my family
Caroline
Nah! Just spend all your time on here instead!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Just recieved an email from our agent today to say we should hopefully have our visa within 5 months, hes also going to send all the paperwork details for our medicals so we can get them done
5 months OMG thats quick! We've been told 8 months on a 138 non modl, going to get meds and police checks done asap and hopefully that will speed things up.

Debbie
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 7:00 am
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future
Post Re: anyone applying july 2007

We have just applied for a 138 on Thursday 19th, The annoying thing is
that I have just received VIC STNI sponsorship so could have applied for 137!

Oh well lets see how the 138 goes.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:25 pm
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi all. I'm hoping that I'm not going to join your group/spreadsheet, but only because I hope to get our application in within the next week... but you never know

I'm interested in that a couple of you have mentioned STNI and IT Manager in your posts. Is this something you have heard of happening (I've only heard of nurses etc getting this before). I am an IT Manager and we are currently planning to go on a 138 sponsored visa, but are always open to new suggestions.

Just as a bit of info, my ACS assessment took approx 13 weeks to get turned-around but I think this was longer than the norm.

All the best anyway...

Rich
Hi there,

I work as an IT Project Manager and are hoping to settle in Melbourne

I successfully obtained an STNI 1224-11 from VIC after my second attempt, in all it took 16 weeks. The annoying thing is that I had already sent off my 138 a few days earlier due to the Sept deadline not wishing to miss the boat.

After considering the options I have decided to stay with the 138 hoping that the AOS will be removed by the time my 138 is processed as I believe they can take from 6 -12 months to process.

In reference to the ACS assessment which code did you receive and does the code match any other STNI categories? I know that if the code does not match then it can be quite difficult to get the ACS assessment amended to the correct code. My ACS took about 12 weeks too but that was because it was an RPL.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

oh yes! oh yes! oh yes!

finally our agent has sent off our visa application so we ARE july applicants!

hip hip hooray!!!!!!

the confirmation from our agent says we should expect a wait of around 5 months also. (like ozzy7, i think were both going on the same visa?)

can't one email make you so happy!!!!!

lisa
x
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lolylew

oh yes! oh yes! oh yes!

hip hip hooray!!!!!!

the confirmation from our agent says we should expect a wait of around 5 months also. (like ozzy7, i think were both going on the same visa?)

lisa
x

Excellent news Lisa,
I hope you hear back really soon adn the waiting game doesn't seem too long for you. Good Luck
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes! oh yes! oh yes!

hip hip hooray!!!!!!

lisa
x
Congrats! Now the really hard & long wait begins!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:58 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future

Finally......visa application went in on Monday 23rd so we are July applicants as well.

I checked and checked the forms and am now worrying that we have missed off a vital piece of information (dunno what though) - perhaps an agent would have been a good idea if only to save my sanity

Have been tracking the package on line and at last it has touched down in OZ and should be delivered tomorrow!

Looking through the threads I think the Visa we have applied for is one of the ones with the longest wait (136 non modl).....we are not in a major hurry as we want to save as much £££ as poss' because I reckon if/when the visa approval comes in we won't want to hang about - but I can see the next year being tourture!

Best of luck to all applicants.

Didi x
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

oh yes! oh yes! oh yes!

hip hip hooray!!!!!!

lisa
x

Excellent news Lisa Let us know if you hear anything.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:41 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi everyone. got that glorious email this am. Visa application has been sent.
good luck to everyone.
Brendan, cath & family.( going to Bunbury).
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:55 am
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

Hello to everyone.

I was wondering if anyone else had applied for a 138 visa. My brother in law sent our application internally a few days ago just would be interested when anyone else gets an email acknowledgment of the application being registered.

After starting this process in early 2006 i can't believe I have finally got the application submitted.

the very best of luck to everyone.

Nigel.

Last edited by manic-miner; Jul 26th 2007 at 8:01 am.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brendan d
Hi everyone. got that glorious email this am. Visa application has been sent.
good luck to everyone.
Brendan, cath & family.( going to Bunbury).
Good luck Brandan, Cath and Family, hope you hear more real soon
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Good luck all new applicants and stay cool, the pressure is on!
We have just posted our application yesterday, am totally cacking it now!! Am already on the emotional rollercoaster - trying to enjoy the ride!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the pursers
Good luck all new applicants and stay cool, the pressure is on!
We have just posted our application yesterday, am totally cacking it now!! Am already on the emotional rollercoaster - trying to enjoy the ride!
You go girl, there are a lot of us that are in the same position and I know i'm feeling the rollercoaster already and we're only just about to send ours to our agency!!!

Good luck and i hope the wait isn't too long
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Aw thanks
At least we are all on here for each other...family, colleagues etc just don't understand!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.