Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by toan
Hi all

We had pre ack 20th aug our agent informed us we should get
file number in 6 weeks-heres praying
As for you Paul08 you must be one of the lucky ones and good luck to you,
that goes for everybody applying especially those who have been waiting a while
Good luck to all
Personally we are expecting to go roundabout june / july so if we get ours early to mid next year then we'll be fine.. The sooner the better in terms of organisation though.

good luck for everyone though
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Visa lodged on the 19th of July and our credit card has not yet been debited yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

Debbie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

kamrul is an unknown quantity at this point

TODAY I UPLOAD MY PCC (MAIN APPLICANT)
Originally Posted by kamrul
hi,
i m a july 2007 applicant.below my timeline.

IELTS 14 OCT 2006,GOT 5.5
APPLIED VTASSESS :14 FEB 2007
DOC RCVD VETASSESS:1st March,2007
APPROVED VETASSESS:22 march,2007
RCVD POSITIVE RESULT VETASSESS BY POST:28 MARCH,2007
APPLIED ONLINE SA SIR STATE SPONSOSHIP 2ND TIME:10 JULY,2007
RCVD POSITIVE RESULT STATE SPONSOR BY E-MAIL:19 JULY,2007
APPLIED ONLINE SA SIR/495:31st JULY
REQUIRED DOCS UPLOAD:1st AUGUST
MEDICAL FRONT LOAD:
PCC FRONT LOAD:4th SEPTEMBER (MAIN APPLICANT)
CO ASSIGN:
JOB VERIFICATION:
PRE GRANT LETTER:
GRANT LETTER:
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Visa lodged on the 19th of July and our credit card has not yet been debited yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

Debbie
Hi BrissyDeb - Just checked the latest processing dates and it says they are receipting from 18 July - so maybe today is the day!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by geelong
Apologies as this is my first time posting anything.

We have both passed our vet assess for our jobs and our agent sent our emigration papers for skilled independent at the end of July 07. We have been told it will be approx. 8 weeks for a file number. Keep your fingers crossed.

We are thinking about Geelong as its relaxed and near the sea. Has anyone been there and could give us advice. Help!
hi yes we were there in may/june this year visiting my sister who emigrated there in nov 2006. and is where we are hoping to go . it is a great place with loads to do .
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We lodged our visa on 17th July, got an email on 31st August to say DIAC have recieved it and have taken payment etc, we were told to wait a further 6 weeks to recieve our recipt and ref number.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: anyone applying july 2007

hi,
i chased our agent the other day & this was part of his reply:

:curse: One thing that you need to keep in mind when calculating the time for a visa grant, is to take into account the fact that there was a recent Regulation change that prompted many people (around 20.000) to lodge their visas before the 1st of September. That situation will probably increase the waiting time. But then again, may be not. May be DIAC will take measures to evacuate all those new applications on time. At this moment, we don’t know how it will play out. We need to wait and see. :curse:

i looked at austimeline last night visas submitted earlier on this year did seem to go through a lot quicker!

oh well - as my OH said - every day is a day closer

lisa
x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
hi yes we were there in may/june this year visiting my sister who emigrated there in nov 2006. and is where we are hoping to go . it is a great place with loads to do .
Thanks for that.Its great to hear about Geelong!
Hope everything goes well for you!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of
Question Re: anyone applying july 2007

Any Julyeees thinking of getting PCCs/Meds done?

We enquired and the next slot for meds down our way is 1st Oct. Seeing as its taking LCU 8 weeks to process, we thought that it'd be good to get them done for then. However, our agent said to wait, recommending we wait until they have received an acknowledgement letter. That way, when they send them to LCU or DIAC, the docs will have a reference number which minimizes the chances of their getting lost.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deano66

We enquired and the next slot for meds down our way is 1st Oct. Seeing as its taking LCU 8 weeks to process, we thought that it'd be good to get them done for then. However, our agent said to wait, recommending we wait until they have received an acknowledgement letter. That way, when they send them to LCU or DIAC, the docs will have a reference number which minimizes the chances of their getting lost.
We have our meds booked for 25th Sep and picked up forms from police station yesterday for PCC's these take approx 40 days.
Putting house on market Oct time too.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
We lodged our visa on 17th July, got an email on 31st August to say DIAC have recieved it and have taken payment etc, we were told to wait a further 6 weeks to recieve our recipt and ref number.
well done elaine,
at least you've heard something - you know you havent been forgotten

lisa
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deano66

I've sent off our police checks this week - 3 Sep.
I'm also debating phoning up re: our meds to have done around 15-18 Oct - I'm hoping we get the all important acknowledgement/reference around 8 Oct (I'm watching timelines and currently 84 days for June'es! - Yes I know I'm sad!!).
This is the first I've heard of other July peeps thinking of meds and that so good to know I'm in good company!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

Hi, I had my medicals done on August 14 and sent off on September 3. My application was lodged on July 30, 2007 and pre-acknowledged on August 1 - pretty early for meds I suppose - with the delays at LCU I didn't want to wait. I am hoping to move to Melbourne in February 2008.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:50 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future

I'm glad i'm not the only one stressing about the pre-ack.

It seems that we are all in the same boat, there doen't seem to be any pattern for the pre-ack of MODL and non-MODL 136 applications either. Has anyone else noticed this? On the timeline for May & June (yeah I know very sad) non MODL seem to be pre-ack in around the same time scale as MODLs. For some reason I though that MODL visas would be prioritised - does anyone know if this is the case? I'm applying for NON MODL by the way but am trying to predict like everyone else when we will get out pre-ack..

Our visa was signed for in OZ on 26th July so I imagine we will be one of the last to get a pre-ack for the july lot.

Ramble ramble ramble. Sorry just need to get all this stuff out before I go stir crazy

Didi x
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Didigriff
I'm glad i'm not the only one stressing about the pre-ack.

It seems that we are all in the same boat, there doen't seem to be any pattern for the pre-ack of MODL and non-MODL 136 applications either. Has anyone else noticed this? On the timeline for May & June (yeah I know very sad) non MODL seem to be pre-ack in around the same time scale as MODLs. For some reason I though that MODL visas would be prioritised - does anyone know if this is the case? I'm applying for NON MODL by the way but am trying to predict like everyone else when we will get out pre-ack..

Our visa was signed for in OZ on 26th July so I imagine we will be one of the last to get a pre-ack for the july lot.

Ramble ramble ramble. Sorry just need to get all this stuff out before I go stir crazy

Didi x
Welcome to my world Didi! - maybe we can ramble together!
The immi.gov website does say that they prioritise MODL first but I can't see that is the case either? Seems like 136 apps are being processed in order received?
Good luck with yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.