Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by brendan d
Hi folks, just a quick word to say that we have finally started our dream. we have officially woke up to our first morning in Bunbury wa.

Hope all is going well for people.

Brendan
Hey! That's fantastic Brendan

Loads of luck as you get settled & keep us updated
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All
Long time no see!!!!

Are we the only sad soles still left as i see not many posts recently......

Our story update is below (posted on the bond withdrawal page) sadly just the same ole same ole' Wasnt it so much better this time last year, the worry then was the visa grant and not a sniff of a credit crunch whatever that was going to be!

Hey ho hope your dreams are coming true if youve made it to the promised land guys

Best wishes to all

Matt Rach n Ole

This date last year our family flew back from Queensland from a wonderfully recce' and safe in the knowledge the house had sold and we were well on the way to moving down under.....But like many those dreams remain just dreams

It was a long time ago and many posts that i began this thread and i cant believe im still here typing away almost a year after starting it.........

We were called back in the summer by case officers to have police checks and meds as our application was fully back on track....again a false dawn with no comments since and seemingly 1200 pounds down the pan....

We had the opportunity to go out on a switched visa to a temp state sponsorship but have held back on this for now. We now will try to move to a 137 by speaking nicely to another state but dont hold out much hope as its not the same state as the temp offer......

Totaly disillusioned with the whole Australian dream this is a rollercoaster i cant wait to step out of......Very poor Mr Evans and your team i hope you are suitably ashamed

Sorry rant shared...and over
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pomerz
Hi All
Long time no see!!!!

Are we the only sad soles still left as i see not many posts recently......

Our story update is below (posted on the bond withdrawal page) sadly just the same ole same ole' Wasnt it so much better this time last year, the worry then was the visa grant and not a sniff of a credit crunch whatever that was going to be!

Hey ho hope your dreams are coming true if youve made it to the promised land guys

Best wishes to all

Matt Rach n Ole

This date last year our family flew back from Queensland from a wonderfully recce' and safe in the knowledge the house had sold and we were well on the way to moving down under.....But like many those dreams remain just dreams

It was a long time ago and many posts that i began this thread and i cant believe im still here typing away almost a year after starting it.........

We were called back in the summer by case officers to have police checks and meds as our application was fully back on track....again a false dawn with no comments since and seemingly 1200 pounds down the pan....

We had the opportunity to go out on a switched visa to a temp state sponsorship but have held back on this for now. We now will try to move to a 137 by speaking nicely to another state but dont hold out much hope as its not the same state as the temp offer......

Totaly disillusioned with the whole Australian dream this is a rollercoaster i cant wait to step out of......Very poor Mr Evans and your team i hope you are suitably ashamed

Sorry rant shared...and over
Pomerz, really sorry to hear it's still messed up for you guys. .. I cannot believe the bond issue is still not sorted.

Thinking of you and sending good wishes
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Pomerz, really sorry to hear it's still messed up for you guys. .. I cannot believe the bond issue is still not sorted.

Thinking of you and sending good wishes
Ditto those sentiments! So sorry that you are no closer to the dream.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Hang in there pomerz you'll find a way,we wish you all the look in the world you deserve it.

Sallyclaire we wish you well bon voyage

We are still here waiting for the house to sell like many others
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

hope you hear some good news soon pomerz

sallyclaire - the very best of luck - let us all know how you get on

lisa
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

well yes...........i'm back from my validating trip, how quickly does 3 weeks go

apart from flights from hell, as my OH describes as sitting in 'child seats' for around 18 hours which i thought summed it up perfectly, the holiday was fantastic

i'd never been to australia before and it didnt let me down 1 bit - it was amazing.
i kind of think its a combination of england and america, but what i describe as 'the best of both'!!!!!!!!

everything was clean, the beaches were beautiful, the people were friendly - i just loved it all!!!!!

we met up with mottie from the august thread who i've previously met at an ozzy meet up, it was great to see her to see how she was getting on - i think she'd climatised already as she was wearing a cardi, lol!!!!!
hi mottie if you're reading this - hope your ok .

my OH had 2 interviews while we were out there. the first was the day after we arrived. he'd already had a telephone interview and completed online aptitude tests before we went out. he must have done ok at the interview as he had to go and have a medical and his potential boss invited us down for the day to show us around the area.

the second interview was the day before we came home. he felt it went quite well, and we've had a telephone call today from them asking him to have a medical done over here and to complete the aptitude tests.

so fingers crossed that at least one of the jobs comes off

both jobs have suggested that they can help with our relocation, don't quite know what that means yet, in as much as how much they will help but it has to be a bonus?!

(on the down side, we've had another estate agent round tonight and they said if we want to sell our house quickly we need to drop the asking price by 35K blummin credit crunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

one of my main concerns was the kids, i was worried about what they'd think of australia, but luckily they both loved it and none of us wanted to come home.

all i can say to everyone waiting for their visas, or waiting to sell their houses is dont give up and hold on to your dream - i cant wait to go

lisa
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by toan
Hang in there pomerz you'll find a way,we wish you all the look in the world you deserve it.

Sallyclaire we wish you well bon voyage
We are still here waiting for the house to sell like many others
Thanks!
House selling karma sent to you!

Originally Posted by lolylew
sallyclaire - the very best of luck - let us all know how you get on
lisa
Thanks
Will do update. Only 2 days to go now & finally getting over the stress & getting excited

Sounds like you had a great trip Lisa & hope that the jobs work out
Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Hey guys

A rare visit for me these days but I do think about all those who've made the move and hoping its all working out as planned. And for those who've yet to go, multiple fingers and toes are crossed.

Like so many others, this credit crunch thingy is a reet pain in the ar$e. In the summer, my job was safe as houses with too much work and a nice little 'emmigrating bonus' on the cards. Since then, we've laid off half the staff and it looks like i may be next So i haven't even got to the selling house bit yet. I just need to hang on to what we have for the time being.

Still, its only a speed-bump in our journey. i'm a great believer that when one door closes another one opens. I'm just looking for that next door and hoping it says 'Welcome to Melbourne'

-d
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hi everyone,

just a quick update.

my OH has been offered one of the jobs (the other ones still in the pipeline tho).
he's accepted it and it looks like we'll be moving over mid january.

its the one in bunbury WA, at little further south than where we wanted to be but thats fine.

the company are paying relocation expenses so thats a real big bonus and they're also putting us up in one of their houses F.O.C for 3 months while we look for somewhere to live.

i just dont know where to start now - i keep coming on my computer thinking i'll research things like shipping companies and find myself on here or normally facebook

any updates from anyone else?????

lisa
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

hi everyone,

just a quick update.

my OH has been offered one of the jobs (the other ones still in the pipeline tho).
he's accepted it and it looks like we'll be moving over mid january.

its the one in bunbury WA, at little further south than where we wanted to be but thats fine.

the company are paying relocation expenses so thats a real big bonus and they're also putting us up in one of their houses F.O.C for 3 months while we look for somewhere to live.

i just dont know where to start now - i keep coming on my computer thinking i'll research things like shipping companies and find myself on here or normally facebook

any updates from anyone else?????

lisa
wow that's grat news lolylew- good luck with the move over there.

We've just moved into our house, ended up buying in Yarraville west of Melbourne, now doing lots of DIY to the amazement of most ozzies who seem to think we should employ trades for everything. I've got a job at a great school for next year, and my OH has most likely got one too (we'll fidn out for sure next week) so all settled in well.

Best of all, our cats have forgiven us for the trauma of the flight and the quarantine!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hereshoping
wow that's grat news lolylew- good luck with the move over there.

We've just moved into our house, ended up buying in Yarraville west of Melbourne, now doing lots of DIY to the amazement of most ozzies who seem to think we should employ trades for everything. I've got a job at a great school for next year, and my OH has most likely got one too (we'll fidn out for sure next week) so all settled in well.

Best of all, our cats have forgiven us for the trauma of the flight and the quarantine!
hi,

nice to hear from you.
really glad things are working out well - keep us updated

lisa
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:32 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Hey to all July 2007!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a July 2008 applicant and it is so nice to read some of this thread and see that in July of last year you were all in a similiar situation to the one I'm in now.

It's great to see the approvals and to see you all moving on with your new exciting lives!

Being in visa limbo land sometimes seems like the approval will never come but you are living proof that it does!

Good luck to everyone,

L
Old Nov 8th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hey to all July 2007!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a July 2008 applicant and it is so nice to read some of this thread and see that in July of last year you were all in a similiar situation to the one I'm in now.

It's great to see the approvals and to see you all moving on with your new exciting lives!

Being in visa limbo land sometimes seems like the approval will never come but you are living proof that it does!

Good luck to everyone,

L

yes i think all of us july 07's know EXACTLY how you feel, although we were all paper based which was a total nightmare (took months just to even get an acknowledgement )

but here we all are 1 year on, i think most of us have our visas, so it will happen, honest.
hang on in there - best of luck
lisa
Old Nov 9th 2008, 2:43 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

yes i think all of us july 07's know EXACTLY how you feel, although we were all paper based which was a total nightmare (took months just to even get an acknowledgement )

but here we all are 1 year on, i think most of us have our visas, so it will happen, honest.
hang on in there - best of luck
lisa
Thank you,

Good luck with the move, new year, new life, bet you are excited!

L

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.