Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by brendan d
Great news may. As it happens i closed a deal on the house last nite. Dropped a few pound but wat the heck. Better times ly ahead.

Hope to have it done quick and be in oz before the end of august.

Brendan
Well done Brendan it will be worth it. Won't be buying in Oz as yet not with 9% interest rates
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Your modesty becomes you sis!

How is your daughter today? Any calmer?
If I can't blow my own trumpet etc

My DD is stressed she is really hard to manage despite her new regime at 4pm but it is to be expected, doesn't help that we are all stressed too. It will be worth it in the end I hope.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey
If I can't blow my own trumpet etc

My DD is stressed she is really hard to manage despite her new regime at 4pm but it is to be expected, doesn't help that we are all stressed too. It will be worth it in the end I hope.
Oh it definitely will! Think you are in for a rough few weeks with her but hopefully once you get settled in Oz & routines are re-established, she will calm down a lot!
So, how are the leaving party plans coming along & where's my invite?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have done a lot of stuff on friday like utilities and trying to get endowments sorted etc.
You are more than welcome to come to party it is in surrey. PM me if you want to know where, its 28th June.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I have done a lot of stuff on friday like utilities and trying to get endowments sorted etc.
You are more than welcome to come to party it is in surrey. PM me if you want to know where, its 28th June.
Was joking!
Are you sticking to the lists?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Well some good news for a change we finally exchanged today and we complete 4th July staying with my mum & dad until 10th then fly out on the 10th 2 days in Bangkok (been upgraded to 5 star) and then onto Brisbane arriving 14th. All hellish this am as flights on hold but exchanged within minutes of talking to solicitor then paid for flights - now realising not long to arrange anything and going through that wobbly stage. Need to make lists. Daughter is being really naughty pushing all boundaries at mo. Hope this is all worth it.
Hi May, FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!

Hopefully we'll be able to visit you when you're in Brisbane, we're planning to validate last two weeks in October.....would be great to meet up and finally see each other!!!!
Please keep in touch and all the best with packing etc....

Debby

Last edited by dandn; Jun 21st 2008 at 4:54 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Great news may. As it happens i closed a deal on the house last nite. Dropped a few pound but wat the heck. Better times ly ahead.

Brendan
EXCELLENT NEWS Brendan!!!!!

Good luck with the preparation for the big move!!!!!!!

Debby
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brendan
Sorry, missed this earlier
Congrats on getting a buyer Brendan
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Brendan, hope it all goes through smoothly for you.

We had leaving party number 2 yesterday, feeling a little the worse for wear at the moment. Half our furniture has been sold and the cats have figured out something is up! we'll be officially homeless in 8 days!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All
I heard about this guy on the radio today it is bizarre but great to link to his blog which has some great pics of perth and the activities available to Western Australians

Take a look and have a if nothing else!

Apologies if someone else has posted this elsewhere

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALife4Sale-Li...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

We've only gone and sold the house!

We have formally accepted an offer on the house - and the survey clause has been uplifted. Just the missives to close and then it's binding (different legal system here in Scotland).

And the buyer is a first-time buyer, so no chain, and so the date of entry has been mutually agreed as 8th August!! The market is now very slow here too so we're delighted to have sold the place within 4 weeks. It's all getting scary now - but exciting scary.

So we're now moving out on the Friday 8th August, then spending the weekend...er...somewhere - and then flying out on Monday 11th Aug or Tuesday 12th Aug. There is little available in the way of accommodation in Brisbane (that I could find at least) - so we've changed our sights to Perth and I've just booked is 4 weeks in a nice house there. Just like that eh?!

It's all happening now. Trying not to panic! Still waiting on ANZ confirming my bank account as well - I'm sure it's been a couple of weeks since I sent the application form (I know snail mail to and from Oz is pretty slow though).

Now I just need to resign. Oh what a pleasure that is going to be
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dazster
We've only gone and sold the house!

We have formally accepted an offer on the house - and the survey clause has been uplifted. Just the missives to close and then it's binding (different legal system here in Scotland).

And the buyer is a first-time buyer, so no chain, and so the date of entry has been mutually agreed as 8th August!! The market is now very slow here too so we're delighted to have sold the place within 4 weeks. It's all getting scary now - but exciting scary.

So we're now moving out on the Friday 8th August, then spending the weekend...er...somewhere - and then flying out on Monday 11th Aug or Tuesday 12th Aug. There is little available in the way of accommodation in Brisbane (that I could find at least) - so we've changed our sights to Perth and I've just booked is 4 weeks in a nice house there. Just like that eh?!

It's all happening now. Trying not to panic! Still waiting on ANZ confirming my bank account as well - I'm sure it's been a couple of weeks since I sent the application form (I know snail mail to and from Oz is pretty slow though).

Now I just need to resign. Oh what a pleasure that is going to be
Wow, congrats Dazter, that must be a weight off. I've always thought the scottish system was much more sensible.

Enjoy all the packing
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:21 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Great news dazter. Hope it all falls into place. I will know today if my buyer is definitley ok with the mortgage. Fingers crossed

Brendan
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Great news dazter. Hope it all falls into place. I will know today if my buyer is definitley ok with the mortgage. Fingers crossed

Brendan
Am green with envy ... jealous isn't even the word !!
Best of luck !! Luckkkkkkky buggers............ :-)
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough

Heya all, not been on for a while again and see some have made it to the other side - awesome, and others have sold houses etc. All sounding like great news.

We've just booked our flight to Aus to validate the visa in September (can't remember the last time we had a viewing so selling no time soon!) - off to Darwin for more of a typical holiday than go to where we want to live! It would be too upsetting to leave!

Good luck everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.