Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

oanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to all
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

thank you for karma, and good luck on seling!!!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Well some good news for a change we finally exchanged today and we complete 4th July staying with my mum & dad until 10th then fly out on the 10th 2 days in Bangkok (been upgraded to 5 star) and then onto Brisbane arriving 14th. All hellish this am as flights on hold but exchanged within minutes of talking to solicitor then paid for flights - now realising not long to arrange anything and going through that wobbly stage. Need to make lists. Daughter is being really naughty pushing all boundaries at mo. Hope this is all worth it.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey
Well some good news for a change we finally exchanged today and we complete 4th July staying with my mum & dad until 10th then fly out on the 10th 2 days in Bangkok (been upgraded to 5 star) and then onto Brisbane arriving 14th. All hellish this am as flights on hold but exchanged within minutes of talking to solicitor then paid for flights - now realising not long to arrange anything and going through that wobbly stage. Need to make lists. Daughter is being really naughty pushing all boundaries at mo. Hope this is all worth it.
Oh May, this is so exciting! I can imagine why your daughter is playing up though with all the tension etc !

Karma for those waiting for visas still!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

wow congrats maisey, so pleased this has all worked out for you.

You're going really soon, are you ready?
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:41 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Great news may. As it happens i closed a deal on the house last nite. Dropped a few pound but wat the heck. Better times ly ahead.

Hope to have it done quick and be in oz before the end of august.

Brendan
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi all our fellow july's, we have arrived in Adelaide, so far good, people very friendly, managed to sort out our tax numbers, driving liciences, medicare, bank. Going out tonight for a few well earned drinks.

Get the keys to our house on Monday so will feel a bit more settled then, hopefully container arrives next week as well.

We got robbed for going over our luggage allowance in Singapore, Heathrow let us through with no problems, we left our luggage in Singapore airport when we went to check in for the Adelaide flight was told that we were over and they wanted over £400, anyway I started with the water works and it worked a bit, it cost us £280. So be warned they are very hot.

Good luck to the rest of you left in the UK, give us a shout if any of you are heading to Adelaide.

Nicky
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone am deep in lists at the moment.

Well done Brendan will see you out there(you are going to Brissy? I think)
SallyClaire you are right daughter is not good at change due to her problems and boy did we all suffer last night. I had an awful evening but she is calm now, most of it was directed at OH.
Ozzyfever - sounds like you are settling lovely to hear from you. Funny I got told by travel agents about the baggage thing the double bit is not valid apparently if you stop over. We are using Eva air and get 27Kg but the booking agent has advised me to fly some baggage as cargo (it goes on the same flight) and arrives same time but costs less so I am looking into that.

Hopefully some more good news on visa and house selling front for my fellow Julyees.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Maisey, thats really good news, well done. Its all systems go for you now!!

Well done Ozzy on reaching your destination, good luck and best wishes to you all!!
Caroline
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

not been on for a few days, so just catching up!!!!!

Originally Posted by Clara W
Hello everyone. . . so sorry to hear some are still waiting to sell up and make the move.

I am here living and working in perth and have access to the internet for the first time. We have moved into our rented house last week with just newly bought white goods 2 chairs and a matress! Our container comes in july and I can't wait.
My daughter is loving school despite having exams. We have a brand new vw polo which is lovely. Work is hard but getting paid was great and the weather has been awful but every time I see the sea or ths city sky rise I smile and think its better everyday! Keep trying and get here when you can its worth every moment promise. . . I have hard moments being on my own but people are generally nice and we are getting there. Things are better when you are upside down x

clara, really pleased things are going well for you.
the weather cant be that bad surely?
keep us updated on how your getting on
lisa

[QUOTE=pomerz;6475531]OMG

At precisely 9.00 this morning i took a call from our agent she informed me the case officer had been in touch and had verified all my documents after initial questioning and rejection and had requested Police Checks and Medicals..................

Fan Friggin Tastic

We are back to our position in November when it all went badly wrong now, we have it on good authority that people trapped in the investement bond fiasco will have the fee waived as of the 1st July so it would appear our original 136 application is very much back on.......

Im sorry to say after an earlier statement i would turn the lights of as we would be last out thats not now the case

Back chasing the dream, it may not seem like a big step but it is massive for us Pomerziz!

Be Lucky

Matt Rach n OleQUOTE]

matt & rach,

so so pleased for you youve had a sh!t few months, so am really pleased you are back on track, you deserve all the luck in the world!!!!
lisa

Well some good news for a change we finally exchanged today and we complete 4th July staying with my mum & dad until 10th then fly out on the 10th 2 days in Bangkok (been upgraded to 5 star) and then onto Brisbane arriving 14th. All hellish this am as flights on hold but exchanged within minutes of talking to solicitor then paid for flights - now realising not long to arrange anything and going through that wobbly stage. Need to make lists. Daughter is being really naughty pushing all boundaries at mo. Hope this is all worth it

maisey,
fantastic news on your exchange, at least thats one worry out of the way
enjoy all your packing
lisa

Originally Posted by brendan d
Great news may. As it happens i closed a deal on the house last nite. Dropped a few pound but wat the heck. Better times ly ahead.

Hope to have it done quick and be in oz before the end of august.

Brendan

brendan,
great news, really pleased for you
lisa
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Well done on the exchange May and good luck to you all in Brissie......wow a one way ticket Good Times!
And good luck...

Ps Who are you flying with ? VFM (value for money) or pricey if you dont mind me asking?

Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Lisa,
Meds all booked for 08/07 and PCCs sent watch out everyone we are making a late run for the front on the outside rails lol

Matt Rach n Ole'
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Ozzie,
How are you finding Adelaide? We so want to move there and the emails from friends already there coupled with our visit last year just make us want it more......

I would be interested in your opinions once the dust settles (i understand its jumper weather at present!) and you get sorted....

Would you keep us informed we are daring to plan for a move in April next year but we arnt counting australian dollars just yet

Good Times in Adelaide assured!

Matt Rach n Ole'

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hi all our fellow july's, we have arrived in Adelaide, so far good, people very friendly, managed to sort out our tax numbers, driving liciences, medicare, bank. Going out tonight for a few well earned drinks.

Get the keys to our house on Monday so will feel a bit more settled then, hopefully container arrives next week as well.

We got robbed for going over our luggage allowance in Singapore, Heathrow let us through with no problems, we left our luggage in Singapore airport when we went to check in for the Adelaide flight was told that we were over and they wanted over £400, anyway I started with the water works and it worked a bit, it cost us £280. So be warned they are very hot.

Good luck to the rest of you left in the UK, give us a shout if any of you are heading to Adelaide.

Nicky
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pomerz
Well done on the exchange May and good luck to you all in Brissie......wow a one way ticket Good Times!
And good luck...

Ps Who are you flying with ? VFM (value for money) or pricey if you dont mind me asking?
Just seen you other thread you are busy today - glad to see you back!
Booked for 10th July had to go with Eva air, we are going VFM as I could not get my head around business class for what is effectively 24 hours. So we have treated ourselves to 2 day stop over which nice people at travel agent upgraded so we are staying in a 5 star hotel - Le meridian Grande- Bangkok.
I am in scared as hell mode now, spent friday on phone to everyone letting them know. Suddenly realised we complete on 4th will be homeless so only have next weekend to have a farewell bash. OH has organised being well known at a local pub has it's advantages
Am at work doing this job for last time as I will be the equivalent of a staff nurse again in Oz. I am sure it won't be long before they spot my brilliance pmsl
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just seen you other thread you are busy today - glad to see you back!
Booked for 10th July had to go with Eva air, we are going VFM as I could not get my head around business class for what is effectively 24 hours. So we have treated ourselves to 2 day stop over which nice people at travel agent upgraded so we are staying in a 5 star hotel - Le meridian Grande- Bangkok.
I am in scared as hell mode now, spent friday on phone to everyone letting them know. Suddenly realised we complete on 4th will be homeless so only have next weekend to have a farewell bash. OH has organised being well known at a local pub has it's advantages
Am at work doing this job for last time as I will be the equivalent of a staff nurse again in Oz. I am sure it won't be long before they spot my brilliance pmsl
Forgot to say I was looking at £2500 one way economy with singapore last month now much more expensive £3500 for flights.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Your modesty becomes you sis!

How is your daughter today? Any calmer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.