Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old May 1st 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

CONGRATULATIONS SHOAN & RICH & FAMILY

Just seen you have your visa and that it has taken a while, hey you got there in the end, we wish you all the luck and hope you have a wonderful future in Australia xx

PS You helped us at the beginning (last summer) with our concerns about child custody issues etc, thankyou again for this and again congratulations
Old May 1st 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

Congratualtions to all those who have got their visas please could anyone out there help us (5000 of us actually) get ours!

Please, please, please Visit http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/18936.html and sign our petition

Old May 2nd 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

I have to have a rant.

I applied for skilled PR visa in July 07. When they said it would take 6-12 months to process my application I found another way of getting to Aus. I'm now here on a 457 visa until 2011.

But...in December I approached the local immigration department about whether or not they had received my documents. The chap logged into the computer and said no, nothing had been received. That worried me. So I spent the next couple of months emailing courier companies and postal companies trying to find out where the documents were delivered. None of them wanted to know about the problem even though I gave dates, times and places. The only thing I didn't have was a tracking number. They all replied saying they needed the tracking number. Hey, if I had the tracking number I wouldn't need your help. So as far as I was concerned the documents were lost. What could I do anyway. If I proved they were received and they had lost them, the immigration department would just tell me to resubmit them, right? I was recently drafting a letter to the post shop to try and get the tracking number. So what turns up on the doorstep yesterday? ALL my documents. So they did have them. So why did I get them back? Well, they refused my application stating my skills assesment wasn't valid. The assesment body had only invited me to sit a test and not validated my skills. What the letter says is my qualifications are suitable to work in Aus but I need to sit a test to join their registration body. What really gives me the sh1ts is I don't need to be registered to work over here. I've also been told the assessment body had a disagreement with the UK registration body and so decided no-one from the UK will get automatic registration even though the degrees are comparable. So now I'm looking at going from a 457 to PR but coming up against brick walls at every turn. All avenues say I need to have my skills assessed to go to PR. I don't mind sitting the test but it's going to cost the thick end of $1000 all up. ($500 for the test, flights to and from the test centre, a nights accomodation, loss of earnings for two days, other fares, meals...)

I'm so annoyed. If I had been in my previous country waiting for the visa to come through, plus the company who offered me a job waiting as well, it's been nearly a year from time of first application. No communication...nothing.

That's the end of my rant...:curse:
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:15 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Billy_NoMates
I have to have a rant.

I applied for skilled PR visa in July 07. When they said it would take 6-12 months to process my application I found another way of getting to Aus. I'm now here on a 457 visa until 2011.

But...in December I approached the local immigration department about whether or not they had received my documents. The chap logged into the computer and said no, nothing had been received. That worried me. So I spent the next couple of months emailing courier companies and postal companies trying to find out where the documents were delivered. None of them wanted to know about the problem even though I gave dates, times and places. The only thing I didn't have was a tracking number. They all replied saying they needed the tracking number. Hey, if I had the tracking number I wouldn't need your help. So as far as I was concerned the documents were lost. What could I do anyway. If I proved they were received and they had lost them, the immigration department would just tell me to resubmit them, right? I was recently drafting a letter to the post shop to try and get the tracking number. So what turns up on the doorstep yesterday? ALL my documents. So they did have them. So why did I get them back? Well, they refused my application stating my skills assesment wasn't valid. The assesment body had only invited me to sit a test and not validated my skills. What the letter says is my qualifications are suitable to work in Aus but I need to sit a test to join their registration body. What really gives me the sh1ts is I don't need to be registered to work over here. I've also been told the assessment body had a disagreement with the UK registration body and so decided no-one from the UK will get automatic registration even though the degrees are comparable. So now I'm looking at going from a 457 to PR but coming up against brick walls at every turn. All avenues say I need to have my skills assessed to go to PR. I don't mind sitting the test but it's going to cost the thick end of $1000 all up. ($500 for the test, flights to and from the test centre, a nights accomodation, loss of earnings for two days, other fares, meals...)

I'm so annoyed. If I had been in my previous country waiting for the visa to come through, plus the company who offered me a job waiting as well, it's been nearly a year from time of first application. No communication...nothing.

Hi Billy... poor you!! Sounds like you're having a rough time of it! Hope you feel a bit better now you got it off your chest!
All I can say is keep going! At least you are already in Oz, think of the poor unfortunate souls who are still waiting and trying every angle to get there! You will get there in the end, so chin up and have a lovely weekend
All the best.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M8M
Hi Billy... poor you!! Sounds like you're having a rough time of it! Hope you feel a bit better now you got it off your chest!
All I can say is keep going! At least you are already in Oz, think of the poor unfortunate souls who are still waiting and trying every angle to get there! You will get there in the end, so chin up and have a lovely weekend
All the best.
Can't say anymore than M8M!
Thinking of you Billy & hope you get it sorted soon
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:27 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi billy, hope you get it all sorted soon

Brendan
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Hi follow Peeps, I have not posted for a while..So big congrats to all those with great news and hoping that those who are still waiting to hear, will do so very soon, be it visa's or house sales.

I had some sad news this week my Grandad passed away, it was his funeral yesterday He was so happy when I told him our plans to go to Oz, he loved adventure!! I willl miss he SO much, but have some fantastic memories of our times together.
Take care everyone Caroline x
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi follow Peeps, I have not posted for a while..So big congrats to all those with great news and hoping that those who are still waiting to hear, will do so very soon, be it visa's or house sales.

I had some sad news this week my Grandad passed away, it was his funeral yesterday He was so happy when I told him our plans to go to Oz, he loved adventure!! I willl miss he SO much, but have some fantastic memories of our times together.

caroline, so sorry to hear your sad news , at least you know you'll be doing something he would have been proud and happy of .

lisa
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read that Caroline.
Hope you are okay.
Sally
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Sincerely sorry to hear your bad news. Take care x
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Caroline
I was so sorry to hear of your sad news , your grandad sounded like an adventurer, just remember that when you are fufilling your dreams that he would have been proud of you and approved of what you are doing.
Take care.
May
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Billy_NoMates
I have to have a rant.

Billy feel free to rant thats what we are for after all. It must have been so annoying when you got all your paperwork back but just remember that you are fortunate enough to of had another route in.
Take care and good luck with your skills assessment.
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

Originally Posted by maisey
Billy feel free to rant thats what we are for after all. It must have been so annoying when you got all your paperwork back but just remember that you are fortunate enough to of had another route in.
I do count myself very lucky and I do feel for those who desperately want to come over and can't/have to wait. I think the rant was more to do with the complete lack of communication than anything else.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS for SHOAN AND RICH with their visa!!!!!

Caroline I'm sorry to hear about your grandad....but like Maisey said he'll always be in your heart and always be proud of you. Take care!!

Billy No Mates hope everything will sort itself out for you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed

Deb
Old May 4th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Hi maisey, have you had any luck with the house???

We haven't , the man from the EA told us on Thursday said that we had a second viewing booked for Saturday ( yesterday) BRILLIANT we thought. So we tidied the house and spend hardly any time with the children and it was a lovely day yesterday, we went out before they arrived because the EA does the viewing....but I had a feeling that something wasn't right, as you do. So we just went round the block and came back to see if they really turned up up and guess what THEY DIDN'T no EA and no viewers.
We then phoned up the EA's office to check if they were on their way and the girl who normally does the viewing said she couldn't find a viewing in their diary. Cheeky buggers!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: She said "I can only apologize in the name of the man who said we had a viewing".

So we are still at square one!!

Hope other people who try to sell their house have more luck then we do.

Take care everybody

Deb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.