Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Many congrats MDA. You can also score my name off the waiting list because I received my grant letter this morning.

I fear my weekend will involve a trip to B&Q for paint and brushes. Let the house pimping process commence...

Cheers,
Dazster
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dazster
Many congrats MDA. You can also score my name off the waiting list because I received my grant letter this morning.

I fear my weekend will involve a trip to B&Q for paint and brushes. Let the house pimping process commence...

Cheers,
Dazster
Many congratulations!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Cheers,
Dazster
FANTASTIC !

Well chuffed for you

I'm just up the road from you, maybe i really am next in line
Either that or delusional from continually checking my email and getting palpatations everytime the phone rings, people are starting to notice the disapointment in my voice !
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
FANTASTIC !

Well chuffed for you

I'm just up the road from you, maybe i really am next in line
Either that or delusional from continually checking my email and getting palpatations everytime the phone rings, people are starting to notice the disapointment in my voice !
Thanks for that. I'd gotten to the point where I was just checking my email in the morning out of habit rather than hope - so I nearly spat me branflakes at the laptop this morning when I saw an email from the ASPC

The email was sent at about 4:45pm Adelaide time on a Friday afternoon - which I find amazing that they would still be granting visa's so late in the working week. Which, fingers crossed, means that since we're so close geographically your visa will be the first one granted on Monday morning - let's hope. See you in the Dunfermline B&Q next weekend perhaps
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

I thought you said BBQ not B&Q !

Now I really need a break from this screen !

Shona
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

I thought you said BBQ not B&Q !

Now I really need a break from this screen !

Shona
I reckon! I don't think anyone in Dunfermline has dared have a BBQ since the fifties when they used to have sunny days
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I reckon! I don't think anyone in Dunfermline has dared have a BBQ since the fifties when they used to have sunny days
I've had 3 since march !
Its easily done with enough commitment
If its dry, semi daylight and side winds are at a minimum you can almost stay out long enough to turn tartan.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

I've had 3 since march !
Its easily done with enough commitment
If its dry, semi daylight and side winds are at a minimum you can almost stay out long enough to turn tartan.
Aye - one of the blue tartans
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Cheers,
Dazster
Really pleased for you well done

Where are the remaining visas?.....only a tiny few left please
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lolylew
no nothing.......only had 2 lots. the second lot are interested but they have a house to sell !!!!! PAIN IN THE ARSE......BIG TIME, their agents are sh1t, they dont even advertise on rightmove.com, any decent agent puts their houses on there

bet your soooo excited about going, who are you flying with?
will get togetha when your back & have a nosey at your photos!!!!

lisa
Yes no probs,thats if we come back
friends of ours came back after 3 weeks and got house up for sale,so when the visa arrives there off.
Flying with emirates,have heard are very good but will find out soon enoughfingers crossed
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers,
Dazster

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
really pleased for you, well done!!!

lisa
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Why in life when you get kicks it hurts not to bad you get on with it but it hurts, imagine those kicks but this time in both nuts, both kicked full volley thats how much its hurting today

The Bond situation was bad almost bad enough for us to quit however as some of the older members here will recall we came back fighting and decided to try again sit tight and see......

The DIAC decided to let my employers know i was emigrating(thanks very much for sending them a letter...not) in Jan which was just a kick in the shins but this required form filling in and some details of my work over the last 8 years.....embarrassment at work but hey ho i didnt get sacked

Recently rumblings on the Bond resolution have raised hope and we decided to go for SA state sponsorship as another option which was a long shot as my skill was a secondary skill in demand on the list but as we had visited Adelaide in October and had friends ect there we thought why not ask....

Yesterday morning the news came through that we had been accepted and that SA were happy to take the application and state sponsor us.....Fan frigging tastic......Now to sell the house and in this market after the crunch would we be able to do the biz????

No need to worry on this front as a call from the agent came in that there was an irregularity with my application my employer had said my job title was only valid for 3 years not the 5 required (this is after i had mentioned initially that the job title didnt exist previously and that i had done the same work for the 2 years previous but not in title which was still the one i had started in the company with back in 2000.... thats ok you should be covered i was advised back in April of last year):curse:

My mistake there mistake who knows but what i do know is that as job titles change so do my chances of getting out and it seems this has cost us dearly. I can appeal before May 11th but i need to explain the situation above in a reference letter from my employer who were less than pleased with the first announcement, secondly my company has a policy of we 'dont do references' and thirdly as if it couldnt get worse......I need a signature from my my immediate boss the director of HR ratifying the whole thing .....FFS who have i upset in a previous life:curse

The Thing

Do i go for bust and ask cap in hand knowing full well if Oz doesnt come off then my position could become difficult
or
Give it up keep my job and keep heading upwards in an excellent job with a nice house comfortable income and great family life (but it aint what we planned in Australia)

Back to the question of pros n cons .....believe it or not i deal with Risk Assessments on a daily basis and i may be drawing a conclusion the risk far out weighs the returns......

In summary we are so very low with everything we have planned for reminding us at every turn.......
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pomerz
[F]Why in life when you get kicks it hurts not to bad you get on with it but it hurts, imagine those kicks but this time in both nuts, both kicked full volley thats how much its hurting today [/FONT]

[F]The Bond situation was bad almost bad enough for us to quit however as some of the older members here will recall we came back fighting and decided to try again sit tight and see......

The DIAC decided to let my employers know i was emigrating(thanks very much for sending them a letter...not) in Jan which was just a kick in the shins but this required form filling in and some details of my work over the last 8 years.....embarrassment at work but hey ho i didnt get sacked

Recently rumblings on the Bond resolution have raised hope and we decided to go for SA state sponsorship as another option which was a long shot as my skill was a secondary skill in demand on the list but as we had visited Adelaide in October and had friends ect there we thought why not ask....

Yesterday morning the news came through that we had been accepted and that SA were happy to take the application and state sponsor us.....Fan frigging tastic......Now to sell the house and in this market after the crunch would we be able to do the biz????

No need to worry on this front as a call from the agent came in that there was an irregularity with my application my employer had said my job title was only valid for 3 years not the 5 required (this is after i had mentioned initially that the job title didnt exist previously and that i had done the same work for the 2 years previous but not in title which was still the one i had started in the company with back in 2000.... thats ok you should be covered i was advised back in April of last year):curse:

My mistake there mistake who knows but what i do know is that as job titles change so do my chances of getting out and it seems this has cost us dearly. I can appeal before May 11th but i need to explain the situation above in a reference letter from my employer who were less than pleased with the first announcement, secondly my company has a policy of we 'dont do references' and thirdly as if it couldnt get worse......I need a signature from my my immediate boss the director of HR ratifying the whole thing .....FFS who have i upset in a previous life:curse

The Thing

Do i go for bust and ask cap in hand knowing full well if Oz doesnt come off then my position could become difficult
or
Give it up keep my job and keep heading upwards in an excellent job with a nice house comfortable income and great family life (but it aint what we planned in Australia)

Back to the question of pros n cons .....believe it or not i deal with Risk Assessments on a daily basis and i may be drawing a conclusion the risk far out weighs the returns......

In summary we are so very low with everything we have planned for reminding us at every turn.......
[/FONT]
Wow you really are a fighter,dust yourself down,again,and keep fighting

Your luck will change i'm sure.You deserve to fulfill your dreams
With your persiverance and determination i for one wish you every success,
hang in there

Take care and be lucky,

Tony
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Matt

I've not been on much recently for reasons I'll explain in a separate reply, but I just wanted to wish you all the best. God know what you should do as the words 'rock' & 'hard place' come to mind. As Tony said, you're a fighter so from the comfy seat we have we say fight on. I cannot believe a manager could be so small minded enough to willingly screw up your future for no benefit to themselves but these pencil-necks exist and it sounds like you work for one.

Put the cast-iron jock-strap on, go in and say what you need, explain that its nothing against him or the company but you're looking for a new challenge in life and stare him out. If they sack you, you have a heap of employment rights behind you.

Good luck
-d
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Toan' n Deano

I appreciate your comments, we will reflect over the weekend but as much as Mrs Matt wants me to go cap in hand to the powers that be on Monday i will have to play this very carefully before the aforesaid joko is attached!

This one may well have done it for me

And as for all on here i hope you all have been dealt a better hand than us be lucky with the house sales and grab your dreams.

Take it easy Matt N Rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.