Reload this Page >

Anyone apply in May?

Wikiposts

Anyone apply in May?

Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Slap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone apply in May?

Hi I have been checking the austimeline website and it seems like it is taking a while for medicals and police checks to be called for. We sent applications in May and were pleased to hear it it should only take about 50 weeks for visa to be granted. Does anyone know if this is still the case. We hope to go out Sept 04 and can't imagine having to wait longer, it already seems a lifetime away.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:31 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Anyone apply in May?

Originally posted by Slap
Hi I have been checking the austimeline website and it seems like it is taking a while for medicals and police checks to be called for. We sent applications in May and were pleased to hear it it should only take about 50 weeks for visa to be granted. Does anyone know if this is still the case. We hope to go out Sept 04 and can't imagine having to wait longer, it already seems a lifetime away.
Hi There,

Also applied in May - also in Somerset!

Received acknowledgement dated 12th May - but so far nothing else. Also hoping to go next August/Sept. In fact as I said to someone else yesterday if they haven't requested the meds by Jan we are going to get them done anyway to save time. I have got the police checks but it looks like I am going to have to send off for them again! I got them just in case we were lucky but I'm thinking 8-10 months now!!!. I am pretty sure it won't take much longer than 50 weeks although I know there have been a few cases!.

Max
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

We also applied in May. But have settled now to the wait. It was hard to accept at first, all those people heard so quickly back in May/June time and niavely you think oh yes we are next. But the months have gone by and life is calm until the meds are requested.

Good luck to others who are waiting.

footie chick
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:28 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone apply in May?

Originally posted by Slap

May that counts us in...... well only just ............. the ack was on the 29th and they took the money out of the account on the 30th of May.

We have been quoted 50 weeks to.o......... todate we still have no case officer...........have you?

the agent thinks we will hear around the end of Jan re meds.......... but when andy rung Adelaide up a week or so ago......... they have told him it's gonna be more like March/April for meds

At present we are considering doing the meds (and putting the house on the market) mid to the end of January whether we are requested or not

Good luck to all who applied in May............ keep in touch as when you hear anything

love lisa
xxxxxxxx

Not forgetting the other peeps on here......... good luck to all...........

and Adelaide make everyones Christmas........."Bring it on!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by Boomie; Oct 28th 2003 at 9:53 am.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We also applied in May and haven't heard anything from Adelaide.

We got an acknowledgment on 20th (or there abouts) and are just waiting now.

Put the house up for sale in July, no sniff of an offer or a viewing for that matter. Have now made loads of plans for social events in the run up to Christmas to take my mind off it.

Question is, should I plant the bulbs for spring or not? Feel as if I tempting fate whatever I do!

Oh, we applied for both Aus and UK Police Checks back in August, the UK check was returned in 4 days (think that must be a first) our Agent sent them off in September, so unless this whole process really drags on, our first date of entry has got to be before 3 September 2004.

Will update on situation if and when we hear anything.....

Jo
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:05 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We applied 21st May and got acknowledgement on 25th May. We have already sold the house and are living in rented accommodation.

We did the police checks early and sent them to Adelaide. We also did our medicals back in September and have also sent these off. So now we are waiting to hear something but it might be well into next year before we do, as we don't think there's anything else for them to request!

Best of luck to all waiting.