Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone any advice.

Anyone any advice.

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:25 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone any advice.

Thanks guys for this information, I'm still abit unsure who to use but really appreciate all the replies.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone any advice.

Originally Posted by Stitch
Was it the Edinburgh base that gave you a quote?

Cheers

Ginny
We used PSS to get our stuff to Brisbane. Their quote was good and our possessions arrived in tact. however our ship arrived just before Xmas and took forever for everything to clear through customs over Xmas and New Year. Took well over 4 months (from being packed to unpacked) in all but just bad timing I guess.
My brother used John mason and had damage done to an expensive timber dining table - there was a problem getting the cash for replacement - not sure if they ever got fully sorted - maybe check the insurance as this seemed to bump up the price considerably.
I`m sure that each company will have both good and bad comments from people in this forum - I guess that damage is most often done on board the container ships and could happen to any container - just down to being lucky or unlucky. Occasionally, whole containers fall off the ships too!!! Has this happened to anyone???

Well good luck with your move. I must admit it was a major operation getting everything packed away. The PSS guys who packed our stuff away were real good. However, my daughter and I took off our trainers in the living room whilst they were packing and never did relocate them. They went into one box or another and we had to go and buy a new pair each before flying out!!

Sarah

Last edited by S J Jackson; Nov 27th 2005 at 8:42 pm. Reason: spelling