Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyoen moving to the sunshine coast ?

anyoen moving to the sunshine coast ?

Old Jan 18th 2003, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default anyoen moving to the sunshine coast ?

Hi,

We have just arrived back from Aus, a holiday to see where we would like to live and have chosen the Sunshine coast for the following :-

lifestyle
asthetics
job availability

anyone else moving there it would be nice to converse with you.
Old Jan 18th 2003, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyoen moving to the sunshine coast ?

Hi, don't know how long you spent there and what comparisons with other spots in Aus allowed you to conclude that the Sunshine Coast is for you. I won't bore you with the reasons why we have subsequently decided against the Sunshine Coast, but I urge you to do the folowing:

1. Make sure you thoroughly research LIVING on the Sunshine Coast. The Sunshine Cast is a great place to holiday.

2. You will find a huge number of points of view on Queensland and the Sunshine Coast just by reading the postings in this forum and the other forums at britishexpats.

Good luck!
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks I have been on this site a while and have read quite alot. Prior to this I have researched also before applying. I stayed with a family from Queensland and will investigate more into it now.

Thanks

Carrianne
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We have decided on the Sunshine Coast as well for similar reasons to yours.

Where in particular did you like? We liked Caloundra, Marochydore, Moolalabah and surrounding areas.

The people there were really friendly and there are also some good schools. I disagree with the last post, it seems the ideal area for us as we like outdoor activities and beach-living. Of course you don't have the hustle-bustle of a big City, but that is what I want to get away from!!

There is also a huge Mall/ cinema/bowling etc very near so you can still visit shops take the kids out etc.

We hope to get our visas around October, but we probably won't leave until after Christmas.

I would be happy to compare notes etc if you want.

Tina
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile

Hi,

We went from Noosa all the way down we like all the ares including noosa and mooloolaba. There is alot of work in queensland for my husband who is a carpenter/joiner and I have been searching for jobs for me too this morning as I have jet lag and there are alot.

We picked up alot over there papers with houses checked out the area adn for private schools.

We too are young and sporty and have taken up surfing, so like the country living and Brisbane isn't far if you need hustle adn bustle.

I would love to compare notes !

regards

Carrianne
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Send me a private message and we can keep in touch - look forward to it.

Tina
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

We too intend to head that way towards the end of this year. Plan to validate during school holidays and check out the area.
Family live in Cooroy and sister lives in Kiels mountain. Want to find somewhere within half hour of beach so we don`t have to pay a fortune for somewhere to live.

Sarah J
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi The Jacksons,

Isn't one of you a teacher? - a fellow comrade- I am applying as a teacher as well.
We hope to go out there after Christmas, I can't stand another Winter over here.
Are you planning to teach out there? have you seen any decent schools?

Tina
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Tina I cannot view your PM have queried it with the forum will check again.

Carrianne
Old Jan 18th 2003, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Carrianne,

We loved the Sunshine Coast as well. People were friendly and the area beautiful. There seemed to be a lot to do locally, as well as not being that far from Brisabne and all the theme parks - believe me this will become more important when you have kids!!

We have 3 children 12,6,3 and they are all keen to go. We all love the heat and spend a fortune each year going away just to get some Sun!!
We travelled up from Syd to Bundaberg and we liked it from Coffs Harbour up really. It wasn't warm enough for us further South and was too expensive and busy. We went in the Winter and you had to have heating and a lot of clothes on when you went out at night. We want a more temperate climate. I am willing to put up with 2 months of it being too hot , to get the other 10 just right.
Did you see any nice estates or land for sale, I have seen some nice places on the net but we will wait til we get there to decide.
Speak to you soon
Old Jan 18th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sent you a pm
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point

We're heading for the Sunshine Coast at the end of May and hope to have our second baby born there in July.
We were there for five weeks last year to validade our visas and stayed in Buderim.
Whilst we were there house prices and land were shooting up. We searched from Coloundra to Noosa looking for something suitable. We finally bought a nice plot of land just outside Coolum, 10 minutes from the coast where we plan to build at the end of the year.
Would be happy to share our experiences with anyone heading that way.
Lorrimer
Old Jan 18th 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cool

Hi Tina and all headed Sunshine Coast way.
Yes I (Sarah) am a teacher - secondary. Having spoken to my sister the only schools that I`m likely to get a job in are the private schools but plenty of them about. State schools in that area are v popular and difficult to find permenant work in - I think you pretty much have to go where the need is within the state so you could end up somewhere that you do not want to be. Our plan is to validate during school hols July/Aug - to have a look around - see what the job availability is and decide from there exactly where we want to live - Aussie new school year starts end Jan / Beginning of Feb which will also be good for our daughter.
We`ll hopefully get a job of some description sorted out and go back out November ish.
Looked at Buderim properties on the website (expensive in comparison to other towns around about so won`t likely be headed exactly there!). Maybe we`ll have to be closer to Brisbane to open up the amount of jobs - lots of schools in the city in comparison - just have to wait and see).
Good to hear other people say nice thingss about the area - it makes us feel happier about our choice - also plenty of family in the area.
Good Luck to all

Sarah J
PS What do you teach Tina??
Old Jan 19th 2003, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sarah,
I teach maths at a private school, so I would be keen to work in the Private sector out there, mainly because I hope the working conditions are better- no loutish kids etc..

Hopefully I will look for a part-time position as Hubby wants to open a business -cafe/ coffee shop. I also have 3 children so if I could get a job in their school I might get a reduction in the fees!
I have heard too many negative comments about the state education out there to risk it for my children.

What are you thinking of doing, have you looked around any schools in the area?I have seen a few good ones on the net, but obviously they may look different in real life.

We aim to get out there for the new school year next year, we may be able to keep in touch. How old are your children?
Old Jan 19th 2003, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tina

No I haven`t really looked in any detail at the schools as it really depends where we decide to buy/work etc. Hopefully we will be able to get a better idea during the holidays. Have 1 daughter Emma who will be 11 in March so she will effectively get an extra year in primary school which is ideal really - not sure about private or state ed for her. She tends, as only children often do, to make friends easily and is quite outgoing so hoping no problems there.
Definately would like to keep in touch - when do you plan to travel - how far through processing are you?? We have had medicals only recently so don`t expect to hear anything for 3ish months but fingers crossed it could be sooner.
My head knows I plan to leave but am definately planning to hand in notice to leave July with poss some supply work between Sept and Nov whilst tying things up in UK. Supply may be a possibility in OZ too - quite well paid in comparison to perm position.

Bye for now

Sarah J

PS I teach PE (inc Alevel) but also teach Maths (1/2 timetable) as 2nd subject!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.