Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody who went through pets importation ?

anybody who went through pets importation ?

Old Sep 17th 2002, 9:01 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
mcaprio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anybody who went through pets importation ?

Hi,

Is there anybody who already found out what are the [COLOR=red]Certificate A [/COLOR=red] and [COLOR=blue]Certificate B [/COLOR=red] and where to get them for importing pussy and rex to Oz ?

Thanxs
Myriam
mcaprio is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 9:03 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
mcaprio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anybody who went through pets importation ?

Oops, sorry, apparenly not comfortable enough with vB Bode


Hi,

Is there anybody who already found out what are the Certificate A and Certificate B and where to get them for importing pussy and rex to Oz ?

Thanxs
Myriam
mcaprio is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 12:11 pm
  #3  
Y Ddraig Goch
 
Ceri's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Posts: 3,722
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: anybody who went through pets importation ?

Originally posted by mcaprio:
Oops, sorry, apparenly not comfortable enough with vB Bode


Hi,

Is there anybody who already found out what are the Certificate A and Certificate B and where to get them for importing pussy and rex to Oz ?

Thanxs
Myriam

I brought my two cats into Australia.... I did it the easy way (used a pet importer/mover, they did all the paperwork for me), so I can't help you with the exact forms which you need to get.


But , you might find this link helpful... it's the Aussie government quaranteen/importation of live animals/pets etc. There are links in the site to global contacts etc, if you want to try and find what you are looking for.
http://www.aqis.gov.au/animex/asp/home.asp
cheers
Ceri is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 2:59 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
mcaprio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anybody who went through pets importation ?

Hello Ceri,
Thank you for the link... actually I knew it already
you said a 'pet importer' ? that sounds good, where did you find him/her ?

Thanxs again
Myriam

Originally posted by Ceri:



I brought my two cats into Australia.... I did it the easy way (used a pet importer/mover, they did all the paperwork for me), so I can't help you with the exact forms which you need to get.


But , you might find this link helpful... it's the Aussie government quaranteen/importation of live animals/pets etc. There are links in the site to global contacts etc, if you want to try and find what you are looking for.
http://www.aqis.gov.au/animex/asp/home.asp
cheers
mcaprio is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 4:36 am
  #5  
Y Ddraig Goch
 
Ceri's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Posts: 3,722
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: anybody who went through pets importation ?

Originally posted by mcaprio:
Hello Ceri,
Thank you for the link... actually I knew it already
you said a 'pet importer' ? that sounds good, where did you find him/her ?

Thanxs again
Myriam

I came from Singapore to Australia where I was working. There are a few pet movers over there. I just found them in the yellow pages, under pets I think. I assume there's got to be something like it in Europe. Perhaps your best would be to ask your local vet, or phone up your quaranteen place in your country and ask their advice.
The pet movers did all the work for me, including taking the animals for blood tests and micro chipping... I think I paid them around a thousand Singapore dollars for each cat, which is about 400 pounds at the time (blood, micro chips, and all the paperwork). I think including the flight it was close to two grand per cat (sing dollars).

cheers
Ceri is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 7:05 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
colind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 176
colind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anybody who went through pets importation ?

Hi Myriam

We used Airpets from London (www.airpets.co.uk). I'd recommend them; it all happened with the minimum of fuss and disruption. Yes, you pay a bit more but we had enough to worry about on the day without taking the pussy to the cargo check in at Heathrow then fretting about meeting her and putting her through immigration etc in Sydney.

Colin
colind is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.