Reload this Page >

Anybody want a little optimism?

Anybody want a little optimism?

Old Nov 26th 2002, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody want a little optimism?

Hello Guys
I've not been on for so long that I thought that I'd tell you what we've been up to.
Well we moved to Brisbane about 3 months ago and all I can say is thank God for such a wonderful place with friendly people and the most mouth watering sea food I've had the good fortune to taste.
Hubbie is cabby'ing at the moment but only as a stop gap and I'm on home duties.
My daughter is in grade one and loving it with swimming lessons at school well liked!
A great social life goes with school too!
The people are warm and friendly with the usual elements over here as in the UK. Humans will be humans after all.
We've bought a house and will have our own possesions with us for xmas. (not seen them since end of August.)
Life here is what you make it and you do have to be proactive in finding friends and a social life. One friend I have made out here was just by talking to her at the pool!
Homesickness does hit but what life has to offer here, for us, outways what we had in the UK including a lovely house and good jobs.
Cheers
Britbird
Old Nov 26th 2002, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

No, no no Bitibird,

This is not the place for optimism.

This forum is soon going to be renamed to "British Expats Forum >> Lifestyle & culture >> Australia & New Zealand Winging POMS" (although I half-suspect some wingers are not *true* POMS)

You must have taken the wrong plane and ended up in Leicester or the Gower Peninsula. - no wonder you thought the accents were strange!

The sharks will be circling now getting ready to tear this topic to shreds - I goto go and find borinlgy useless news-clippings to cut-and paste.

(P.S. Glad to hear you enjoying it - it's all about attitude)
Old Nov 26th 2002, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Madmancuniun, please don't get carried away and spoil the forum for everyone else. Think before you post.
Mash..

Originally posted by madmancunian
No, no no Bitibird,

This forum is soon going to be renamed to "British Expats Forum >> Lifestyle & culture >> Australia & New Zealand Winging POMS" (although I half-suspect some wingers are not *true* POMS)

You must have taken the wrong plane and ended up in Leicester or the Gower Peninsula. - no wonder you thought the accents were strange!

The sharks will be circling now getting ready to tear this topic to shreds - I goto go and find borinlgy useless news-clippings to cut-and paste.

Old Nov 26th 2002, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

No, no no Bitibird,

Got to agree, I cant stand Australia, (and I've never even been near the place) I'm going to start Cutting and Posting pointless nonsence.

'Outrage in Somerset Village after Flower Pot is knocked over'

Somerset Police are today investigating the latest in a long list of shocking events in this small Somerset Village. The latest outrage comes only 3 months after a Chewing Gum Wrapper was thrown out of a passing lorry. A local lady (known to be a bit of a gossip) from the village claims to have seen a group of 40 youths armed with flick knives, broken bottles and guns walking down the street, but this was later denied by her husband who blames Scrumpy on her 'condition'.
A Police spoksman claims that last night's 150mph wind could have been something to do with it but are calling in Devon and Cornwall Police as a precaution.
In a seperate incident, Dorset Police are investigating after finding a fish in a bin, a passer by described his horror at seeing the fish 'he'd been battered' the man said. Police have seeled off a local shop in the hunt for clues.

Pointless Daily Press
Old Nov 26th 2002, 10:43 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Mash,

I'll think you'll find it's called irony...

Cheers,
Paul.

Originally posted by mashiraz
Madmancuniun, please don't get carried away and spoil the forum for everyone else. Think before you post.
Mash..
Old Nov 26th 2002, 10:46 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody want a little optimism?

Originally posted by britbird
Hello Guys
I've not been on for so long that I thought that I'd tell you what we've been up to.
Well we moved to Brisbane about 3 months ago and all I can say is thank God for such a wonderful place with friendly people and the most mouth watering sea food I've had the good fortune to taste.
Hubbie is cabby'ing at the moment but only as a stop gap and I'm on home duties.
My daughter is in grade one and loving it with swimming lessons at school well liked!
A great social life goes with school too!
The people are warm and friendly with the usual elements over here as in the UK. Humans will be humans after all.
We've bought a house and will have our own possesions with us for xmas. (not seen them since end of August.)
Life here is what you make it and you do have to be proactive in finding friends and a social life. One friend I have made out here was just by talking to her at the pool!
Homesickness does hit but what life has to offer here, for us, outways what we had in the UK including a lovely house and good jobs.
Cheers
Britbird

Thank you, thank you ,thank you!!! Just what I needed, especially today! Had one of those "not sure if this immigration lark is a good idea" type of feeling this morning! But you just made me feel heaps better
Old Nov 26th 2002, 11:07 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Anybody want a little optimism?

Hi Britbird,
Brisbane is my intended destination too. SOOO glad to hear you like it there. I still have a good year or so to wait for my visa probably, and it's tales like yours that make the wait worthwhile.
Really interested to hear any other tales you have about what it's like out there.
Best wishes,
W.
Old Nov 26th 2002, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future
Default Coffee Shop (Brisbane)

Check out the Three Monkeys at WestEnd (Brisbane) or Wordsmiths Cafe at UQ or the Lookout at Mt Cootha

Three months ehhh. Where might I suggest you check out if you have not already done so ...

Byron Bay 200k South ... try and coincide with a Country market at Bangalow, Channon or Byron ... O Reilly's at Lamington National Park ... North Stradbrooke Island (mid-week to avoid the 4wd Fishing fraternity) ... Sunshine Coast (Caloundra to Noosa) ... try and catch Eumundi Market (near Noosa) on a Sat Morning.

Try and get to Tin Can Bay early in the morning if you'd like to get real close to a Dolphin or two ...

... beware of the six month and eighteen month 'itch'
Old Nov 26th 2002, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Stan -
Thanks for the travel tips - I'll keep you posted.
To those of you coming over in the near future, get ready to experience some wonderful things and ways and some culture shocks. The houses are big the people friendly and food cheap. Until you get onto an Oz wage and then it evens out.
To the northern twat that keeps posting crap - as the aussies would say ''bugger off mate!''
Britbird
Old Nov 27th 2002, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Britbird,

I actually agree with you - see my P.S. at the end. My post was stop the 3 stooges from bombarding your post with their negative nonsense.

Sorry the sacarsm was a 'bit too much'.

Goto to go and make a galah of myself somewhere else.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

No, no no Bitibird,

Subject: HAPPY DAYS

Subject: Happy Days

I'll be happy when...

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, when we are able to go on a nice vacation or when we retire. The truth is there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when? Your life will always be filled with challenges.

It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with ... and remember that time waits for no one.

So, stop waiting ..
Until your car or home is paid off.
Until you get a new car or home.
Until your kids leave the house.
Until you go back to school.
Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer..
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.
Until you die.

There is no better time than right now to be happy. Happiness is a journey, not a destination. .
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Subject: HAPPY DAYS

There is no better time than right now to be happy. Happiness is a journey, not a destination. .

PB are you cutting and pasting from the motivational posters at work now?
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
PB are you cutting and pasting from the motivational posters at work now?
If people like bullshit I can find loads.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
If people like bullshit I can find loads.

It's like something David Brent would come out with. Have they shown "The Office" on telly in Peth yet/at all?
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:38 am
Banned

Originally posted by renth
It's like something David Brent would come out with. Have they shown "The Office" on telly in Peth yet/at all?
Yes just started on Foxtel very good , hes on the same planet as Britbird.
Well we may have shite jobs or no jobs but lifes great until the money runs out,culture got me there?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 27th 2002 at 6:19 am.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.