Reload this Page >

Anybody there in Cairns??

Anybody there in Cairns??

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Anybody there in Cairns??

Hello everyone!
I'll be there at Cairns for a conference from April 3-10. Will be busy for most of the daytime, however can explore the city and surroundings during evening. Is anyone there from BE who can advise on this tour?

Love to get your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody there in Cairns??

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hello everyone!
I'll be there at Cairns for a conference from April 3-10. Will be busy for most of the daytime, however can explore the city and surroundings during evening. Is anyone there from BE who can advise on this tour?

Love to get your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
What sort of thing are you interested in doing?
What time will you be done for the day?
Not sure that there is a huge amount to see/do in the dark
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
What sort of thing are you interested in doing?
What time will you be done for the day?
Not sure that there is a huge amount to see/do in the dark
Many thanks Sally for your reply. Though my tour is from April 3-10 but I will get free time only on 3rd April morning till 3.30pm and 10th April whole day. I'll be busy at the conference from 9am-6pm all other days.
On these two days I might be interested in some sight seeing and every evening after 6pm some sort of shopping or try for some local foods. What do you say?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest a trip on the train to Kuranda & return on the skyrail. That way you will get to see some great views of Cairns. Kuranda is quite nice although touristy & there are plenty of things to do whilst up there such as the Rainforestation & the Butterfly sanctuary.
http://www.skyrail.com.au/tours.html

Tjapukai is meant to be very good & you can do that in the evening or daytime.
http://www.tjapukai.com.au/

I assume you are staying somewhere in the CBD, close to the Convention centre, in which case it will be an easy walk to the Esplanade, the pier area & the Lagoon. Loads of restaurants, bars, shops. You should also visit the night markets, very good for massages & cheap Asian food.

The zoo is also worth a look & they also do some good packages.
http://www.cairnstropicalzoo.com.au/packages.html

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask away, I'll do my best to help.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
I would suggest a trip on the train to Kuranda & return on the skyrail. That way you will get to see some great views of Cairns. Kuranda is quite nice although touristy & there are plenty of things to do whilst up there such as the Rainforestation & the Butterfly sanctuary.
http://www.skyrail.com.au/tours.html

Tjapukai is meant to be very good & you can do that in the evening or daytime.
http://www.tjapukai.com.au/

I assume you are staying somewhere in the CBD, close to the Convention centre, in which case it will be an easy walk to the Esplanade, the pier area & the Lagoon. Loads of restaurants, bars, shops. You should also visit the night markets, very good for massages & cheap Asian food.

The zoo is also worth a look & they also do some good packages.
http://www.cairnstropicalzoo.com.au/packages.html

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask away, I'll do my best to help.
Thanks Sally again for all those links. Yes, I'll be staying in Cairns city apartments and hope your advise would be very helpful! Highly appreciated.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Botanical gardens worth a look as well, may be able to fit it in as its not too long a tour.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Petals
Botanical gardens worth a look as well, may be able to fit it in as its not too long a tour.
Thanks Petals! I'll try to make it, coz I love trees!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Botanic gardens is something you can do on your own & at a stretch, you could walk from where you are staying. Very worthwhile & lovely cafe too!