Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody submitted in Feb/March???

anybody submitted in Feb/March???

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:29 am
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Smile anybody submitted in Feb/March???

Hi everybody,
I have just read 'feel shocked & justified' thread started by robos and feel the same way - hurry up the DIMIA!
BUT (!) we only submitted out application at the end of Feb & had acknowledgement on the 14th March - so I guess we have a long wait ahead.

Anybody else submit then???
Who else is waiting with us??

I thought once the paperwork was in I could relax - but I seem to be worrying more!
LOL
Lotte
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anybody submitted in Feb/March???

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi everybody,
I have just read 'feel shocked & justified' thread started by robos and feel the same way - hurry up the DIMIA!
BUT (!) we only submitted out application at the end of Feb & had acknowledgement on the 14th March - so I guess we have a long wait ahead.

I thought once the paperwork was in I could relax - but I seem to be worrying more!
LOL
Lotte

Our application was received 21 Feb and acknowledged 7 March so we are a Feb applicant as well.

We have ordered our police checks and meds booked for end of April.

We can wait together Lotte
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:01 am
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Our application was received 21 Feb and acknowledged 7 March so we are a Feb applicant as well.

We have ordered our police checks and meds booked for end of April.

We can wait together Lotte
Hi!
we were going to do our meds/police checks in May! what type of visa are you applying for? and how long do you hope to wait??
Good Luck!
Lotte
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:05 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Let me join your waiting gang...Our application was received 13th Feb. Police and Meds done so nothing to do but wait now.
We are just about to book to go on a reccie in June so I am all excited about that and the waiting for the visa bit has been forgotten a little bit. I am half hoping I will get back from oz to find a visa on my PC.....wishful thinking I know but you have to look on the bright side.
And at the mo hubby is on the phone to our friends in Perth and UK Gold has Derek Trotter just about to go to Sydney AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA - Just cant get away from it.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:34 am
Just Joined

mikensue will become famous soon enoughmikensue will become famous soon enough

we submitted mid Jan and received our acknowledgement 4th Feb. Also front loaded PCs and meds. Already sold our house and one car so very little to do now except wait and wait
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Hi everybody,

LOL
Lotte
hi lol
did you get your case file number on the 14th march? we sent ours off the beg of feb but our agent said our main was lodged on 7th march, we are going to give it a few more days then we are getting in touch. we are on 136modl the wait is a nightmare!!
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 11:15 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, our app arrived on 14 March and we were acknowledged on 31 March!!

We've decided not to frontload meds and wait for them to be requested, although I shall probably change my mind before then!!

Here's to the waiting!!
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Budge up abit,we're in this boat too
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

LOL
Lotte
me too - had meds in feb, sent off 4 days later, and 14th march is the same date as us too, but I want to know NOW
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
we were going to do our meds/police checks in May! what type of visa are you applying for? and how long do you hope to wait??
Good Luck!
Lotte

We are going STNI.

Our meds are 26th April.

I dont know how long we will wait for as hubbys character check to take a while as hes foreign.

We could be lucky and not wait long at all, you can never tell.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:10 pm
lotte

Smile Re: anybody submitted in Feb/March???

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We are going STNI.

Our meds are 26th April.

I dont know how long we will wait for as hubbys character check to take a while as hes foreign.

We could be lucky and not wait long at all, you can never tell.
where are we all heading? and a thick question - whats a STNI?
is everybody hoping 6 months or is it more?
we are desperate to get there! and the waiting seems endless!
Lotte
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:12 pm

where are we all heading? and a thick question - whats a STNI?
is everybody hoping 6 months or is it more?
we are desperate to get there! and the waiting seems endless!
Lotte

WA have sponsored us. Its a pr visa but we have to live there for 2 years, which is fine as we would settle there anyway.

I do get jealous of other peoples timelines but there is nothing I can do to speed it up.

I dare not get excited until I actually get the visa. You never know what can go wrong.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join in? We sent ours Feb 2 and it arrived Feb 8. Did medicals March 24 and just waiting on PCCs to arrive so we can send those off.
We're 136 MODL and going to Perth. Both hubby and I have been offered jobs, so as soon as our PCC comes back we are going to send off copies of our job offer letters in hopes that this speeds them along a bit. Can't hurt, right?
I have to say this waiting now is killing me. Every time I see my mother now she has another question for me. Usually it's the same question, but just phrased in a different way. We are ready to list our house, but I'm unsure of whether or not to do it in case the visa doesn't come in time. I would really like to tell my boss to cram his job, but don't know if I should. Can't DIMA see what they're doing to us???
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by dotnron
Can I join in? We sent ours Feb 2 and it arrived Feb 8. Did medicals March 24 and just waiting on PCCs to arrive so we can send those off.
We're 136 MODL and going to Perth. Both hubby and I have been offered jobs, so as soon as our PCC comes back we are going to send off copies of our job offer letters in hopes that this speeds them along a bit. Can't hurt, right?
I have to say this waiting now is killing me. Every time I see my mother now she has another question for me. Usually it's the same question, but just phrased in a different way. We are ready to list our house, but I'm unsure of whether or not to do it in case the visa doesn't come in time. I would really like to tell my boss to cram his job, but don't know if I should. Can't DIMA see what they're doing to us???

Ive thought of bringing my meds forward, but we dont have long now really.

Im having a fed up day today myself so know how you are feeling.

I know DIMA are busy and work through everything as best they can, but sometimes you feel like you are the only one feeling like this if that makes sense.

Anyway, Im trying hard to occupy myself and will just take one day at a time.

Bloody difficult though.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend from the next city over from me who applied October 12 and got her visa on March 17. They're very similar to us with regard to personals and skills, etc. Hopefully we'll be along the same timeline. I know June 30 is the cut off date, so maybe they'll have a big push on in June to clear up all the applications that came in in January/February? Wouldn't that be nice?

If you are STNI, are you going to a regional area or are you able to go to Perth? I would love to be able to go to Bunbury or Albany area, but hubby's work unfortunately is better suited to a bigger city. The land prices down south look so much better and I would love to go to a smaller town. We currently live in about 40 miles west of Toronto, but it's become now just one huge city. There is no green space now from Hamilton (60 miles west) to Whitby (30 miles east). It's all just high rises buildings and city now. I can hardly wait to get to the fresh air and sunshine of WA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.