Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody shipped stuff with Freightworld

Anybody shipped stuff with Freightworld

Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:23 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anybody shipped stuff with Freightworld

Hi all, As we've been slightly put off the shipping company we'd decided to use (due to one bad story) we're looking a bit more into our second option which is Freightworld, based all over the country but more importantly also based locally here in Sheffield.
Has anybody used them and what is your story-good or bad?
Thanks and you will be rewarded with k.
Marie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:31 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody shipped stuff with Freightworld

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi all, As we've been slightly put off the shipping company we'd decided to use (due to one bad story) we're looking a bit more into our second option which is Freightworld, based all over the country but more importantly also based locally here in Sheffield.
Marie
Not me
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:35 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
Not me
full of useful info as usual I see
I thought I was about to see a story warding me off the shippers

Has anyone used Freightworld?
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:06 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

full of useful info as usual I see
I thought I was about to see a story warding me off the shippers

Has anyone used Freightworld?
Hi 68mevy

a neighbour of ours, whos a kiwi, has just given us a leaflet for freightworld. He used them to come to uk and is using them to go back. says they are very good.

I'm a bit dubious because I've not seen them mentioned on here before. so thought i'd do a search and found your thread.

have you contacted them?

Kay
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road

Marie
Hi

We used the freightworld company (the one in Sheffield, near hillsborough I think it was), they were great and were very helpful and gave us a competitive quote. All our stuff got over to Brisbane in one piece/undamaged so you cant really ask for much more. The only negative would be the added costs at this end (oz), due to the fees for customs etc which freightworld didnt really explain fully. But overall I would recommend them, because the costs this end was not really down to them and would have to have been paid regardless of who shipped the goods.

Hope this is of some use

AN
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
Hi

We used the freightworld company (the one in Sheffield, near hillsborough I think it was), they were great and were very helpful and gave us a competitive quote. All our stuff got over to Brisbane in one piece/undamaged so you cant really ask for much more. The only negative would be the added costs at this end (oz), due to the fees for customs etc which freightworld didnt really explain fully. But overall I would recommend them, because the costs this end was not really down to them and would have to have been paid regardless of who shipped the goods.

Hope this is of some use

AN
Hi thank you. We've got PSS coming out 6th july to do a quote but think I will ring freightworld too, we are not far from Sheffield.

Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:46 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi 68mevy

a neighbour of ours, whos a kiwi, has just given us a leaflet for freightworld. He used them to come to uk and is using them to go back. says they are very good.

I'm a bit dubious because I've not seen them mentioned on here before. so thought i'd do a search and found your thread.

have you contacted them?

Kay

Hi Possoms,
We had a guy out from Freightworld to give us an inhouse quote, bartered a bit and got the cost down to £2600 for a sole use 20" container.
The guy that came out was very informative and knowledgeable, answered every question we asked thoroughly. Even went into how to pack and load our container as we plan to do that ourselves.
He told us about costs we'd incur at the other end, about £600 if we pay in the UK or £400 if we pay in Oz. This is to cover getting container to the house and clearing through customs plus the paperwork. We think we're going to pay it this end as then we know at the other end all we'll have to pay for is the inspection charges and any treatment or quarantine.
Gonna give them a ring again to confirm everything but we're ready to book them as soon as we get our visas which will hopefully be any day now.
Marie
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:12 pm

Hi Possoms,
We had a guy out from Freightworld to give us an inhouse quote, bartered a bit and got the cost down to £2600 for a sole use 20" container.
The guy that came out was very informative and knowledgeable, answered every question we asked thoroughly. Even went into how to pack and load our container as we plan to do that ourselves.
He told us about costs we'd incur at the other end, about £600 if we pay in the UK or £400 if we pay in Oz. This is to cover getting container to the house and clearing through customs plus the paperwork. We think we're going to pay it this end as then we know at the other end all we'll have to pay for is the inspection charges and any treatment or quarantine.
Gonna give them a ring again to confirm everything but we're ready to book them as soon as we get our visas which will hopefully be any day now.
Marie
Hi Marie

Thanks for replying. Firstly VISAS ANY DAY NOW WOOOOHOOO

we have PSS coming on the 6th I dont know anything about this shipping lark I thought the price you paid em was to cover everything?? didnt realise you had to pay inspection charges on top!

Do they pack and unpack for you? anyway I will give em a ring.

Not sold house yet so not in a hurry. when we booked PSS to come round we'd had a reasonable offer on the house but he withdrew.

Possoms
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:16 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
Hi

Hope this is of some use

AN
Actually Crown include the customs fee - the only additional fees you would have to pay are if customs/ quarantine decide any of your goods need sprayed, irradiated or destroyed :scared:

Crown also include a fee for cost of spraying the container at the port - many shippers I recieved quotes of sneakily did not include this. From memory these charges were 175 GBP

Lynn
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Actually Crown include the customs fee - the only additional fees you would have to pay are if customs/ quarantine decide any of your goods need sprayed, irradiated or destroyed :scared:

Crown also include a fee for cost of spraying the container at the port - many shippers I recieved quotes of sneakily did not include this. From memory these charges were 175 GBP

Lynn
thanks for the info. jeez is there any part of this process that is straight forward
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:52 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
thanks for the info. jeez is there any part of this process that is straight forward
Nope! lol just compare all the shipping quotes small print as some likeCrown include these fees where as the majority of other companies don't and you will get a bill in Oz. Crown also have me 6 weeks free storage in the UK whereas PSS would only give me 4 weeks despite me telling them that Crown were offering 6!!! PSS's quote was much the same as crown except the 175 pounds customs feewasn't included - very naughty!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Nope! lol just compare all the shipping quotes small print as some likeCrown include these fees where as the majority of other companies don't and you will get a bill in Oz. Crown also have me 6 weeks free storage in the UK whereas PSS would only give me 4 weeks despite me telling them that Crown were offering 6!!! PSS's quote was much the same as crown except the 175 pounds customs feewasn't included - very naughty!
Hi Lynnlovessun,
Was interested in your reply because when I phoned crown several weeks ago about storing in the UK prior to shipping, they quoted me the most astronomical fees. Are you shipping a container or smaller amount? Would you mind if I ask what you have been quoted by Crown and the amount you are shipping? Sorry to be nosey, its just there seems to be such vast differences (and a great deal of flexibility!) in the final quotes I've already read about, and what I was quoted.

Thanks
Netta