Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody moving to sydney?

anybody moving to sydney?

Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:49 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future
Default anybody moving to sydney?

Hi just wondering if theres anybody moving to sydney soon,im from greater manchester and 70% moving to sydney,i have a three year old daughter and i know its a great opportunity for us,just getting a little emotional about it all now aswell as excited.It would be lovely to hear of anybody moving to sydney so we could swap stories!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anybody moving to sydney?

Originally Posted by hettie
Hi just wondering if theres anybody moving to sydney soon,im from greater manchester and 70% moving to sydney,i have a three year old daughter and i know its a great opportunity for us,just getting a little emotional about it all now aswell as excited.It would be lovely to hear of anybody moving to sydney so we could swap stories!!
Hi Hettie,

My SIL lives in Ashton-in-Makerfield

We are already in Sydney, Western Suburbs....been here nearly 6 months. Loving it here so far, but miss people from England.

Hope it all goes OK for you.

Mark
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road

Yes we are going in Jan. I have PM'd you .
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

yes moving to sydney in jan with my 3 year old daughter (who is aptly named 'sydney'..lol), partner is already there, he left last week and has been checking out all our old haunts..lol

i leave the uk on the 21st nov though (staying with parents in dubai till i leave for oz) so not long now!!

kelly
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..

we are moving to sydney next year - hopefully - need the visa to be approved first

have no idea where we are going as we have never been before!

Tracy
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Hi Hettie,

My SIL lives in Ashton-in-Makerfield

We are already in Sydney, Western Suburbs....been here nearly 6 months. Loving it here so far, but miss people from England.

Hope it all goes OK for you.

Mark
Hi i work in and around ashton,im from abram but lived in appley bridge for the past 5 yrs,glad you like it,we re hoping to stay near manly/collaroy until we find somewhere where we like,we ve never been to oz before so alittle nervous,but hey ive got to think of the positives!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:14 pm
Three of us

Originally Posted by And Van Isla
Yes we are going in Jan. I have PM'd you .
hiya,im new to this (what does PM'd me mean) im not thick really!! where abouts are you going to?

lisa
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My husband and i are hoping to move to sydney in march next year, just waiting for my visa to come through!

Not sure where we will live, havnt started looking yet, although my job offer will be based at the Royal Alfred Hospital so it would need to be commutable (pref public transport) from there!

Any suggestions would be apprciated

k
xx
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:32 pm
Three of us

Originally Posted by kicking_k
Hi

My husband and i are hoping to move to sydney in march next year, just waiting for my visa to come through!

Not sure where we will live, havnt started looking yet, although my job offer will be based at the Royal Alfred Hospital so it would need to be commutable (pref public transport) from there!

Any suggestions would be apprciated

k
xx
hi,we have alot of stuff to sort out first before we go,prob march also,we haven t been before we have just searched for different areas on the internet,we like the look of manly and might stay there for amonth or two before looking for somewhere more permanent,

lisa x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

vsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nice

We lived in Sydney from 2001 to 2005 and my son was born out there. But, when my son was 15 months old we returned to England because we thought it would be better for him to grow up around family. I don't regret coming back to the UK but realise that Sydney is where we want to be, so we are returning back to the Hills District in Sydney in 2 weeks time - me, hubby and 5 year old son.

Vanita
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

We're moving out to Sydney in December, arriving 23rd. Springing dog outta jail, ahem quarantine, on Christmas Eve. Visas sorted, flights booked, house sold (bloody miracle we sold after 10 days on the market). We'll be staying near Sutherland but hubby has job in Bellevue Hill (bit of a commute but don't think we can afford any closer). Just got to sort out the removals/purging of tat and tying up all the loose ends to go now. Very exciting, but damned scary/stressful! It doesn't seem that long ago since we first started the ball rolling, but now I think about it it has been almost 2 years in the making (we'd only just got married and now we have a 2 month old daughter too).
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:28 pm
Three of us

Originally Posted by GracieK
We're moving out to Sydney in December, arriving 23rd. Springing dog outta jail, ahem quarantine, on Christmas Eve. Visas sorted, flights booked, house sold (bloody miracle we sold after 10 days on the market). We'll be staying near Sutherland but hubby has job in Bellevue Hill (bit of a commute but don't think we can afford any closer). Just got to sort out the removals/purging of tat and tying up all the loose ends to go now. Very exciting, but damned scary/stressful! It doesn't seem that long ago since we first started the ball rolling, but now I think about it it has been almost 2 years in the making (we'd only just got married and now we have a 2 month old daughter too).
Hi it is scarey,have you got parents here? my daughter is the only grand child so mum is so upset,and she lives on her own which just makes me feel so awful,im still 50/50 on going i just hope we re doing the right thing,we ve sold our house and the buyers want to move in asap but haven t any dates from my husbands company in oz yet,

lisa
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
Three of us

Originally Posted by vsuman
We lived in Sydney from 2001 to 2005 and my son was born out there. But, when my son was 15 months old we returned to England because we thought it would be better for him to grow up around family. I don't regret coming back to the UK but realise that Sydney is where we want to be, so we are returning back to the Hills District in Sydney in 2 weeks time - me, hubby and 5 year old son.

Vanita
hi,is it better in oz for children? i just hope that my daughter likes it,what has your parents said,are they upset? my mum is heart broke,i feel so bad!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

vsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nicevsuman is just really nice

hi,is it better in oz for children? i just hope that my daughter likes it,what has your parents said,are they upset? my mum is heart broke,i feel so bad!!
I honestly think it is better in Oz for children - that's from my 4 years experience of living there. I came back for family and the only thing that has prevented me from going back earlier is my Mum. My son absolutely adores her and she is very attached to him. But, she has stayed with us for 1 year in Oz when we were there before and she knows that it is a better place for my son to grow up. I am still 50/50 about going even though I have lived there before because I am going to miss my family support with my son. I am nervous about the whole thing because I now have my son to think about, but I hope that I am making the right decision by him. At the end of the day, family can come and visit - there is nothing stopping them and you have to do what is right for your family meaning you, your partner and your children.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Vanita
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:12 pm
Three of us

Originally Posted by vsuman
I honestly think it is better in Oz for children - that's from my 4 years experience of living there. I came back for family and the only thing that has prevented me from going back earlier is my Mum. My son absolutely adores her and she is very attached to him. But, she has stayed with us for 1 year in Oz when we were there before and she knows that it is a better place for my son to grow up. I am still 50/50 about going even though I have lived there before because I am going to miss my family support with my son. I am nervous about the whole thing because I now have my son to think about, but I hope that I am making the right decision by him. At the end of the day, family can come and visit - there is nothing stopping them and you have to do what is right for your family meaning you, your partner and your children.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Vanita
arh thank you for that,my mum has my daughter every thurs night through till fri pm,they are so close,mum still thinks of oz as its the other side of the world and shes never going to see us again,i just want to miss the next 6 months,get settled in oz,introduce my daughter to kindy and meet new friends,i know its going to be hard,fingers crossed its all worth it,my husbands job is in north ryde which is pretty close to the city (therefore expensive) but i think once he gets to know the area we will move out,where i dont know,will you be working? lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.