Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody living in port kennedy WA

anybody living in port kennedy WA

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

pearl28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking anybody living in port kennedy WA

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what its like to live in port kennedy.we are a family of five inc.3 boys age 3mths,10 &13 yrs.My husband is a bricklayer.we are moving to perth in july/august.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:49 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anybody living in port kennedy WA

Re: anybody living in port kennedy WA

About 6500 people sorry, couldn't resist

Have you seen this thread?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pearl28
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what its like to live in port kennedy.we are a family of five inc.3 boys age 3mths,10 &13 yrs.My husband is a bricklayer.we are moving to perth in july/august.
I think it is ok. There are 2 good and 2 not so good areas in Port Kennedy. The good ones is St Clair (where I live), enclosed by Grand Ocean Boulevard, the other area is Kennedy Bay Park Estate, just along the golf course.

There are public and private schools. Lots of work for brikkies in adjoning Secret Harbour and along the coast towards Mandurah. For grocery shopping we are spoiled down that end, with 2 very close shopping centres (Coles, Wollies and IGA), Secret Harbour has a knew shopping centre, so does Settlers Hill.

We have an aquatic centre in the area, the beach, golf, doctors, vets, chemists, post office, and so forth. Mandurah is not far, Perth about 55k.

I personally would prefer to stay in Settlers Hill, which is just at the end of the freeway towards Safety Bay.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
I think it is ok. There are 2 good and 2 not so good areas in Port Kennedy. The good ones is St Clair (where I live), enclosed by Grand Ocean Boulevard, the other area is Kennedy Bay Park Estate, just along the golf course.

There are public and private schools. Lots of work for brikkies in adjoning Secret Harbour and along the coast towards Mandurah. For grocery shopping we are spoiled down that end, with 2 very close shopping centres (Coles, Wollies and IGA), Secret Harbour has a knew shopping centre, so does Settlers Hill.

We have an aquatic centre in the area, the beach, golf, doctors, vets, chemists, post office, and so forth. Mandurah is not far, Perth about 55k.

I personally would prefer to stay in Settlers Hill, which is just at the end of the freeway towards Safety Bay.
Where are the 'not so nice' areas?
S xx
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:40 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Streaks
S xx
I was wondering that too

Port Kennedy is very big and i get lost in it all the time....so does my sat-nav!

Personally, i prefer Secret Harbour, not as big......yet

My hubby's a brickie too....loads of building work here
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Streaks
S xx
the not so nice areas of Port Kennedy are St Michel which lies east of Warnbro Sound Ave, south of Warnbro Shopping Centre and the old part of Port Kennedy, lies south of Grand Ocean Boulevard, west of Warnbro Sound Ave, around Discovery Cresent and Endeavour Drive. West of it, along the golf course is Kennedy Bay Park.

Secret Harbour looks better yet has very few facilities. Whereas Settlers Hill has in my few a lot more to offer eventually eg a very large regional shopping centre (no it's smallish) access to freeway and train.

Port Kennedy on the other side has everything what you need on your door step, properties are bit cheaper although there are some million $$ ones along the beach.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

pearl28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: anybody living in port kennedy WA

Originally Posted by Evelin
the not so nice areas of Port Kennedy are St Michel which lies east of Warnbro Sound Ave, south of Warnbro Shopping Centre and the old part of Port Kennedy, lies south of Grand Ocean Boulevard, west of Warnbro Sound Ave, around Discovery Cresent and Endeavour Drive. West of it, along the golf course is Kennedy Bay Park.

Secret Harbour looks better yet has very few facilities. Whereas Settlers Hill has in my few a lot more to offer eventually eg a very large regional shopping centre (no it's smallish) access to freeway and train.

Port Kennedy on the other side has everything what you need on your door step, properties are bit cheaper although there are some million $$ ones along the beach.
To Evelin
Cheers for that.We are hoping to be moving in July/august and just cant decide where to go.So many things to think about,schools,work,renting,house prices,parks,shops,doctors ect.........
My head is spinning...
By the way,has anybody moved anything by air freight?Was it really expensive?:
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl28
To Evelin
Cheers for that.We are hoping to be moving in July/august and just cant decide where to go.So many things to think about,schools,work,renting,house prices,parks,shops,doctors ect.........
My head is spinning...
By the way,has anybody moved anything by air freight?Was it really expensive?:
some pictures from the beach in Port Kennedy. In the dunes is the golf course.

I noticed I made a spelling mistake in my last posting. The shopping centre is small now and will become large in the future.
Attached Thumbnails anybody living in port kennedy WA-bay04.jpg   anybody living in port kennedy WA-bay07.jpg  

Last edited by Evelin; Jun 6th 2007 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:10 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful pics!

There are cheaper areas than Secret Harbour but we feel we want to stay here now as the kids are settled in school but......

if i had my time again who knows!!