Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody learning/learnt to fly in Perth (fixed wing light aircraft)?

Anybody learning/learnt to fly in Perth (fixed wing light aircraft)?

Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future
Default Anybody learning/learnt to fly in Perth (fixed wing light aircraft)?

Hi,

I'm looking at learning to fly, when I get out to Perth. Seems one of the things that are great value, compared to the costs/red tape to do it in UK/Europe.

Anybody doing or has done the same recently?

Cheers,
Old Nov 15th 2011, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all
Default Re: Anybody learning/learnt to fly in Perth (fixed wing light aircraft)?

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Hi,

I'm looking at learning to fly, when I get out to Perth. Seems one of the things that are great value, compared to the costs/red tape to do it in UK/Europe.

Cheers,
Not into flying myself, and not sure if you have seen the below link.

http://www.airaustralia.net/content/...ght_training/3
Old Nov 16th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody learning/learnt to fly in Perth (fixed wing light aircraft)?

Hi,

Cheers,
It's not that cheap here either. The only good point is the weather window is much, much better here. I started years ago on my licence but multiple job moves eventually stopped me. The real reason I don't go and do it now is I doubt I will manage to do the hours to keep the licence so it seems a waste of money.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,
I know people who have done it here - easy to do but not that cheap (how it compares to the UK, I don't know). From what I have heard, it's easier to do it out of the airfield at Northam as Jandakot is so busy/crowded. A good friend of mine did it in Florida - 8 weeks in one go. Cheaper too.