Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Lancashire wanting to make the move!!!!

Anybody in Lancashire wanting to make the move!!!!

Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Anybody in Lancashire wanting to make the move!!!!

Well its all in title!!

Just wondering how many of us are wanting to go from Lancashire, how old are you and if you have kids? Also what stage you are with the visa process. When are you aiming to go and where abouts in Oz? Do you have a job set up for when you get there? If you have a house what are you going to do with it? Something like this would be great - i'm hoping we could have meetups too. By the way I live on the border or Wigan and Warrington - little place called Lowton, there will be 3 of us going, i'm a teacher, he's a welder (but he's 45) and it me thats applying for the visa 176. Hoping to hear from some of you locals
Emma

Last edited by Capt Emz I Think; Feb 1st 2009 at 8:30 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody in Lancashire wanting to make the move!!!!

Hi Emma

We live in Preston & our 175 visa application was submitted 6th Jan. We are Bev, Phil, Craig ( hopefully as he is 19!! ), Dominic (15) & Melissa ( 9). We were planning on going to Perth but we are now looking at Queensland. We have our own business in conjuction with my parents presently but we are applying through Phil as a diesel mechanic. I am a nurse ( learning disability ) but i do bank nursing currently & dont do enough hrs to apply through me. Would love to meet up.
Bev
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by missa
Hi Emma

We live in Preston & our 175 visa application was submitted 6th Jan. We are Bev, Phil, Craig ( hopefully as he is 19!! ), Dominic (15) & Melissa ( 9). We were planning on going to Perth but we are now looking at Queensland. We have our own business in conjuction with my parents presently but we are applying through Phil as a diesel mechanic. I am a nurse ( learning disability ) but i do bank nursing currently & dont do enough hrs to apply through me. Would love to meet up.
Bev
Thats good news Missa as we submitted ours in December - so we pretty much at the same stage. I already have an 18 year old whos in Perth on a working holiday visa (he's finding it really hard to get a job though), but my 12 year old son Lou will be coming with us. A meetup would be great
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
Thats good news Missa as we submitted ours in December - so we pretty much at the same stage. I already have an 18 year old whos in Perth on a working holiday visa (he's finding it really hard to get a job though), but my 12 year old son Lou will be coming with us. A meetup would be great
We are in Lancs in Rochdale and fly out to Melbourne in March on a 175 visa.
We don't have any kids but so far don't have any jobs to go to either!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CharleneG
We are in Lancs in Rochdale and fly out to Melbourne in March on a 175 visa.
We don't have any kids but so far don't have any jobs to go to either!
Oh I was born in Rochdale, my brother still lives in Bacup!!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I LEFT clitheroe in Lancs 15months ago and now live in Australind, 2 hours south of perth! Best move i ever made Good luck waiting for your visa - i remember the stress oh so well xx
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Hi all, im from preston too! Me and the wife are trying to sell our home (1 viewer in 5 months.....) and as soon as we have will sort out the details for the move to Perth, with our 2 dogs.Housing market is a killer, had hoped to be going now still gotta grin and bear it i guess.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma

We are from Ashton (in Makerfield), we have been trying to sell our house for ages:curse:. Now the interest rates have dropped we are looking into rental. My husband is going over on a spouse visa which runs out in Feb 10 so we really need to make the move this summer. I was the product of the £10 poms back in the 60's, left oz when I was 8.

We have 2 boys 10 & 8. Heading for bayside area, Queensland.

No jobs and no idea whether we will get one either

I'll be interested in a meet up, we used to go the ones ages ago at the Harvester near the Reebok.

Louise

Well its all in title!!

Just wondering how many of us are wanting to go from Lancashire, how old are you and if you have kids? Also what stage you are with the visa process. When are you aiming to go and where abouts in Oz? Do you have a job set up for when you get there? If you have a house what are you going to do with it? Something like this would be great - i'm hoping we could have meetups too. By the way I live on the border or Wigan and Warrington - little place called Lowton, there will be 3 of us going, i'm a teacher, he's a welder (but he's 45) and it me thats applying for the visa 176. Hoping to hear from some of you locals
Emma
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by louise
Hi Emma

We are from Ashton (in Makerfield), we have been trying to sell our house for ages:curse:. Now the interest rates have dropped we are looking into rental. My husband is going over on a spouse visa which runs out in Feb 10 so we really need to make the move this summer. I was the product of the £10 poms back in the 60's, left oz when I was 8.

We have 2 boys 10 & 8. Heading for bayside area, Queensland.

No jobs and no idea whether we will get one either

I'll be interested in a meet up, we used to go the ones ages ago at the Harvester near the Reebok.

Louise
Oh hiya Louise - I know Ashton - I used to go to Cansfield a LONG LONG time ago - in fact I was out round there on Sat night not been to Ashton for about 17 years - first time ever in mad jacks - hahaha!!! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - houses have lost so much money. Yee I think I read somewhere previously about meetups at the Harvester - I love the Harvester - especially the early bird deals (being a cheapskate and all).
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

johnri is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we are from wigan to well standish just outside ,i have just passed the tra and hoping to get sponsered from western aus. i am 44 year old vehical body builder wife is a 42 year old teacher and we have two boys aged 9 and 3
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnri
hi we are from wigan to well standish just outside ,i have just passed the tra and hoping to get sponsered from western aus. i am 44 year old vehical body builder wife is a 42 year old teacher and we have two boys aged 9 and 3
Oh hi John - my eldest son who's 18 used to go to Standish High, does your wife work in a school in Wigan?? My 18 year old is in Perth on a working holiday visa - he should be starting a job on Wed fruit picking - its in the middle of nowhere - so we'll see how he gets on!! Good to hear from you!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

johnri is an unknown quantity at this point

yes shes at st marks in newtown only does part time though so it me whos applying for the visa
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh hiya Louise - I know Ashton - I used to go to Cansfield a LONG LONG time ago - in fact I was out round there on Sat night not been to Ashton for about 17 years - first time ever in mad jacks - hahaha!!! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - houses have lost so much money. Yee I think I read somewhere previously about meetups at the Harvester - I love the Harvester - especially the early bird deals (being a cheapskate and all).
LOL mad jack, I know it well. I went to Eddies, a long long time ago to.

Let me know if you arrange a get together, always good to chat to people going throught the same things
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

ozzyhopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anybody in Lancashire wanting to make the move!!!!

hi everybody, we are from newsprings near aspull and have not yet even applied for a visa, have heard so many different things about agents good and bad that we dont know where to start. It will be my husband Tony's application and any advice or reccommendations on agents would be gratefully recieved. We have 2 kids Nathan (17) and Nicole (12) plus 2 dogs and are looking at Perth as our new home hopefully. Sue
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue

We are using Conceptaustralia & have been very impressed up to now. We have our own business & a son of 19 who we have to prove is dependent so it is not straight forward.We went to their office in Manchester originally to discuss whether we were eligible for a visa & they gave us loads of info. If i remember correctly you can pay a one off fee for the consultation or if you go ahead it is included in the fees ( or something along them lines, it seems so long ago now!!! ) They are not pushy & let you contact them or get the documents etc to them in your own time. We contact them by email now & they always seem to reply within the day if not within the hour!!! Hope that helps a little. We are in Preston so not to far away from you.
Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.