Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody know good car hire in Brisbane

Anybody know good car hire in Brisbane

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Anybody know good car hire in Brisbane

Just wondering if anybody can recommend a decent car hire place in Brisbane. I don't mind if its airport pick up or in the city. I am currently looking on the net but if anybody has good first hand experience then thats great
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anybody know good car hire in Brisbane

Originally Posted by karenjc
Just wondering if anybody can recommend a decent car hire place in Brisbane. I don't mind if its airport pick up or in the city. I am currently looking on the net but if anybody has good first hand experience then thats great
When in Oz in April we booked on t'internet before hand with Budget to pickup at the airport. We have Qantas Frequent Flyer cards, and this along with the internet booking made it cheaper. As usual we got an upgrade (has anyone never had one???) this time to a Mitsubishi Magna which is about the same size as Mondeo / Vectra. We paid £230 for 14 days.

Only thing I would say is to check the invoice when you drop the car off. If they make a mistake you will get your money back, but it will involve a lot of late nights ringing a call centre when you eventually find the number, and then you get to speak to one harrassed bloke somewhere in New Zealand!!!

Greg, Michele and Bella
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:50 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Anybody know good car hire in Brisbane

We are about to head off that way and, after long searches on the internet, we have plumped for Europcar (www.europcar.com.au) - they came out cheapest when all the extras were added in... and also they add the "extras" in up front, which seemed a huge advantage after several hours off straining to work out the various additional insurance premiums and damage waivers etc !!!!

Can't yet vouch for whether this was a good choice - watch this space!!!!