Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody know about speeding fines in WA?

Anybody know about speeding fines in WA?

Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

SuzyandAsh will become famous soon enoughSuzyandAsh will become famous soon enough
Default Anybody know about speeding fines in WA?

Hi All

I have just recieved an infringement notice from back in April saying I have to pay $150 and suffer 2 demerit points.

It was in a hire car, I dont remember being flashed by the camera and the photo on the notice is too dark, can't see a face. I was driving on my UK licence but somehow the notice has been linked to my new WA licence....how is this possible?

Stupid question but if it was a hire car, how do I prove that it wasn't me driving? And surely if it happened in April, there is some sort of cut-off point for the fine?

Suzy
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anybody know about speeding fines in WA?

The fine would have gone to the hire company. They would have probably completed the forwarding details part of the form saying it was you that was driving as they'd trace that through their records. It is pretty easy to track people down. I think when you changed to your new licence they would have kept details of your UK licence on file too. It has probably taken since April to find you.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anybody know about speeding fines in WA?

Also the hire company would have taken details of drivers to be insured with the car when you hired it. We have a hire car at the mo so it would be either me or hubby that would be fined if caught as we are the only insured drivers per the agreement with the hire comany.