Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody heading off/already gone to Adelaide??

Anybody heading off/already gone to Adelaide??

Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

JulesSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Anybody heading off/already gone to Adelaide??

Hi,

Has anybody either recently moved to or planning a move over to Adelaide??

We are moving 25th Oct 2005, no home, no jobs, no friends at the other end yet ..... wanting to talk to anybody in similar situation!!

Not got scared, nervous or daunted by moving to the other side of the world yet, maybe that will come ............... just too giddy and just can't wait

Jules
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:53 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anybody heading off/already gone to Adelaide??

Hi Jules,

We too are heading off to Adealide, dont have a date as yet as we're waiting for the house to sell, which seems to be taking forever

Have you been on Ad/brits ?

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...php?act=SC&c=2

Its a fab site, check it out
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
Hi Jules,

We too are heading off to Adealide, dont have a date as yet as we're waiting for the house to sell, which seems to be taking forever

Have you been on Ad/brits ?

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...php?act=SC&c=2

Its a fab site, check it out
Hi Shazrazmataz,

Thanks for the reply and the link - I will check it out. We have had our house on the market since getting our visas back in April, but it hasn't sold yet, so we just decided to bite the bullet and booked our flights!! We can't stand all the waiting around so we will get ourselves over to Oz and leave the house with the esate agents .. hopefully it will sell soon!

Do you have any plans once you get to SA? Any friends/family there? Are you taking a family?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:12 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JulesSA
Hi Shazrazmataz,

Thanks for the reply and the link - I will check it out. We have had our house on the market since getting our visas back in April, but it hasn't sold yet, so we just decided to bite the bullet and booked our flights!! We can't stand all the waiting around so we will get ourselves over to Oz and leave the house with the esate agents .. hopefully it will sell soon!

Do you have any plans once you get to SA? Any friends/family there? Are you taking a family?

We are off to ADL hopefully in Jan. We have no family/jobs yet but have got friends over there who have been great, and it sure makes it a little easier knowing we have them out there already! We haven't sold yet wither. 4 weeks and NO VIEWINGS! We arelooking at flights at the moment but probably wont risk booking until we haev exchanged. Have you got kids?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lucyb
We are off to ADL hopefully in Jan. We have no family/jobs yet but have got friends over there who have been great, and it sure makes it a little easier knowing we have them out there already! We haven't sold yet wither. 4 weeks and NO VIEWINGS! We arelooking at flights at the moment but probably wont risk booking until we haev exchanged. Have you got kids?
Hi,

No we dont have kids, so we only have ourselves to worry about making or breaking!! It must be alot easier having people there that you know already!! where do you live now? Where in Adelaide are you heading to?? Do you have kids?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:39 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Anybody heading off/already gone to Adelaide??

Hi,

No we dont have kids, so we only have ourselves to worry about making or breaking!! It must be alot easier having people there that you know already!! where do you live now? Where in Adelaide are you heading to?? Do you have kids?

We have 2 children, aged 6 and 1. We live near Arundel in Sussex and are heading for Hallett Cove or if I can twist my hubby's arm West Lakes or Tennyson! (we'll see!)
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

We have 2 children, aged 6 and 1. We live near Arundel in Sussex and are heading for Hallett Cove or if I can twist my hubby's arm West Lakes or Tennyson! (we'll see!)
Good Luck with everything!! Hope your house sells too ..... it is just so irritating waiting and waiting for something to happen so that you can start planning the rest of your life!! At least interest rates are staying down for now :-)
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:55 pm
Adopt me????!!!!!

serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of

Hi,

We are moving 25th Oct 2005, no home, no jobs, no friends at the other end yet ..... wanting to talk to anybody in similar situation!!

Not got scared, nervous or daunted by moving to the other side of the world yet, maybe that will come ............... just too giddy and just can't wait

Jules
I've been to Adelaide and have friends there but no job yet. There is only me so I have to have an income but want to move at the end of this year.....or sooner if possible. It IS easy, however to make friends there...wonderful city and very friendly atmosphere.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by serdwin
I've been to Adelaide and have friends there but no job yet. There is only me so I have to have an income but want to move at the end of this year.....or sooner if possible. It IS easy, however to make friends there...wonderful city and very friendly atmosphere.
Thanks for the info. Do you have an idea of where you want to head to when you get there, which area? We try not to scare people too much :scared: when you first meet us ... so hopefully we might get to make a few buddies along the way!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Hi All

We are also going to Adelaide, visa application going off next week, but house on market for 6 weeks.We to are looking at Hallet Cove.

lucyb you must be near to us if you are in Arundel?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:15 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Jules
Yup that's exactly what we are doing...hope to be there around the end of Jan 2006..

3 kids
no house
no job.

It's just great.!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CORKER
Yup that's exactly what we are doing...hope to be there around the end of Jan 2006..

3 kids
no house
no job.

It's just great.!!!!!
Yeah, you just can't describe that 'GREAT feeling' you have to anybody else can you!!!

It is good to know, and comforting in an odd sort of way, that we are not the only ones leaving everything behind, packing up and flying off on a wing and a prayer

How about staying in touch, helping each other out with our different snippits of info and advice that we pick up along the way and sharing our experiences, (and nightmares!) on here?? (or by email). Maybe even meet up for a beer and a good old laugh about how worried we were at the other end .. when everything turns out GREAT!!!

Jules
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:40 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Yes us too.........
hoping to settle south of city. Three girls 13 & 11 and an 18yr old , no job, no house, will rent for 6-12 months anyway.
Hope to arrive first week in Jan, stopover in Singapore first
Can't bloody wait.............
Meds this coming wednesday !!
Carole
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:32 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, you just can't describe that 'GREAT feeling' you have to anybody else can you!!!

It is good to know, and comforting in an odd sort of way, that we are not the only ones leaving everything behind, packing up and flying off on a wing and a prayer

How about staying in touch, helping each other out with our different snippits of info and advice that we pick up along the way and sharing our experiences, (and nightmares!) on here?? (or by email). Maybe even meet up for a beer and a good old laugh about how worried we were at the other end .. when everything turns out GREAT!!!

Jules
Sounds like a great plan to me....

CORKER
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CORKER
Sounds like a great plan to me....

CORKER
you can email me at [email protected] I am only keeping this email for another couple of weeks, but contact me on that one and I can pass on my new 'aussie' email address to you then so we can keep in touch.

here's to making our first buddy in Adelaide, opening a tinny and throwing a shrimp on the barbie .... just got to get there, set up, settle down, find jobs, get a place to call home ... all the :scared: stressfull :scared: stuff out of the way first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JulesSA; Aug 13th 2005 at 2:21 pm. Reason: thought of something else to say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.