Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYBODY HEADING TO ADELAIDE JUNE 08

ANYBODY HEADING TO ADELAIDE JUNE 08

Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:57 pm
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice
Default ANYBODY HEADING TO ADELAIDE JUNE 08

Hi, just wondering if anyone is heading to Adelaide around june/july next year?
We should be recieving our visa's end of December (as all paperwork sent and accepted and medicals/police checks sent to Sydney mid October)
We are hoping to go around June/july, not quite sure where abouts in Adelaide yet depending on where railway repair depots are (as my job is fixing trains) but would be nice to hear from anyone else going around that time, maybe share some info or knowledge (or even sharing a container)
There is 4 of us heading over, myself, my lovely queen and my 2 kids boy age 2 and little queen age 6 all excited but at times sh=>>#ng ourselves but looking forward to an adventure as we have found out life is very short, over the last 5 years losing 4 very close members of our family to cancer.
By the way are there any runners going to Adelaide as my queen and I are into running(not from the law) and is anybody a member of the Adelaide running club?
well thanks for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing positive replies and maybe the odd negative one. andy
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: ANYBODY HEADING TO ADELAIDE JUNE 08

We are heading to Adelaide just waiting for the visa, sold house and living with my mum, there are three of us going me (Nicky) Hubby (Alan) and daughter (Charlotte)

At the moment all are furniture is in storage we are using a shiping company called Atlantic been very good so far.

Keep in touch

Nicky and family
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We are also hoping to head to Adelaide next year, we're hoping to go April/May time but of course this all depends on getting the visa and selling our house!! We also have a wee boy of two so it would be good to keep in touch

All the best,
Sinead
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Similar situation to the rest of you guys.
Still to sell the house but waiting on Visa approval first which hopefully will be at the turn of the year, then look to sell house round about spring time.

We've got a 2yr old. She's used to flying and goes down to see her grandparents regular near Dorchester, so hopefully won't be too nerve racking with the "big flight"!

Still to sort out container. Actually, re word that... still to sort out what's coming with us before we sort out a container!

All the best folks when the time comes to actually "go"!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

We originally had mid 2008 as a time to make the move to Adelaide but I have only just passed my TRA so the time frames are a bit tight for this now. See you there when we get there.

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We should be arriving there around that time too.

Of course, dependant on the house sale and visa! Looks like the house sale is going to be the hardest thing.

We have on 7 year old little girl who flew with us on our reccie in March and was fine.

Looking forward to meeting you all out there!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

August/September for us. Need to finish the academic year really. Will be there for a little while in April though, hopefully sort a job out!

Oh, and also have a two year old. Maybe there was something in the water!

Last edited by Iwannabethere; Nov 14th 2007 at 6:19 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Location: At the moment Lichfield, Staffs. Hopefully Adelaide June/July 08
Aussiebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on visa, house sale etc.... hopefully June/July next year
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

MRG175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mers
Hi, just wondering if anyone is heading to Adelaide around june/july next year?
We should be recieving our visa's end of December (as all paperwork sent and accepted and medicals/police checks sent to Sydney mid October)
We are hoping to go around June/july, not quite sure where abouts in Adelaide yet depending on where railway repair depots are (as my job is fixing trains) but would be nice to hear from anyone else going around that time, maybe share some info or knowledge (or even sharing a container)
There is 4 of us heading over, myself, my lovely queen and my 2 kids boy age 2 and little queen age 6 all excited but at times sh=>>#ng ourselves but looking forward to an adventure as we have found out life is very short, over the last 5 years losing 4 very close members of our family to cancer.
By the way are there any runners going to Adelaide as my queen and I are into running(not from the law) and is anybody a member of the Adelaide running club?
well thanks for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing positive replies and maybe the odd negative one. andy
Hi

We are heading for Adelaide too, application is in 13 Nov, just got meds to get done 24th but we won't be heading out till sept/oct 08.
There is 4 of us too me (Lee) OH (claire) my son (Kobi,nearly 5) and my daughter (Kayla 18mths).
Good luck every1

Lee
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:25 am
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Hi all, good to see others heading to Adelaide as most seem to go Perth, Sydney or Queensland.
we are still very unsure whether to use a container or not as our stuff is quite old but at the same time would cost a lot to replace everything.
Does anyone know what area they are going or are we all in the same boat of not sure until job is found?
one of our main concerns is finding a good school for our 6 year old girl as she is in a great school now but she is looking forward to going which is good.
If anyone going to Adelaide wishes to get in touch via email our adress is [email protected] feel free to email us as we don't want to go over completely billy no mates and would be good be able to help someone arrive and also be helped (maybe from the airport or for a meal on arrival day!)
well off to work now to get taxed to the hilt, and stung when i buy my fuel! all the best Andy
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mers - please be careful and don't put your email on the forum. People can PM you and can chose to give them your email if you want to. Any wierdo can access your email otherwise.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

roxymusic will become famous soon enoughroxymusic will become famous soon enough

Hi ,
we too are moving to adelaide but it wont be till late 2008 as the house wont be ready till then see you all out there.

ian & diane
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

june/july would be when we'd like to move to adelaide really.
all dependent on getting the visa first of course
we've only applied in august so hopefully we'll have it sometime before june!!

we'll stay till then anyways because of mil's 70th birthday

house will go up in january so fingers crossed for that one too!
and then there is of course selling and decluttering and more research

good luck to all of us!!!

oh, maybe something about ourselves
oh is the skilled one if our family as a fitter/electrician and we applied for a 136 modl! we also have 2 children: a 3.5 year old boy and a 2 year old daughter!

at the moment we like the northeast but then again i do like the closeness of the beach - decisions decisions