British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anybody Had to have further checks if overweight at meds? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anybody-had-have-further-checks-if-overweight-meds-358192/)

coffeebean Feb 28th 2006 6:29 pm

Anybody Had to have further checks if overweight at meds?

I saw on DIMA website that you will be tested for other conditions ( diabetic - heart condition or athritus ) if you are classed overweight at meds - has anybody had to do these tests - did it delay visa
thankyou :)

Rachelle Feb 28th 2006 6:40 pm

Re: Anybody Had to have further checks if overweight at meds?

Originally Posted by coffeebean
I saw on DIMA website that you will be tested for other conditions ( diabetic - heart condition or athritus ) if you are classed overweight at meds - has anybody had to do these tests - did it delay visa

We had our meds done 21st February both of us are overweight but neither of us had to do any extra tests, not sure if it varies Dr to Dr but ours was fine. Hope that helps.

DebraH Feb 28th 2006 6:44 pm

Hi coffeebean had ours on th 17th Feb, the overweight issue (though casually mentioned once med was over) wasn't told that we would have to have extra tests

coffeebean Feb 28th 2006 6:49 pm

thankyou - where did you go ??

peterinblack Feb 28th 2006 6:55 pm

Hi i had meds last week i am over 20st no probs doc in bonnyrigg said
if you are healthy weight is not a problem just lose some for own good
peter

DebraH Feb 28th 2006 7:05 pm

thankyou - where did you go ??

Longford just right next door to the new terminal 5 at heathrow :o

robos Feb 28th 2006 7:05 pm

Hi Coffeebean, we had ours yesterday and as we understand it if you are classified as overweight i.e "B" then it is listed as such on your med form. This then gets sent to DIMIA and as their rules stipulate, the form of the applicant is then assesed by one of thier panel doctors and the risk of future complications is assesed. Now not wanting to tempt fate but we were told that if the applicant is relatively young and their blood pressure is within the normal range or just above then the panel accept that the risk of future complications is relatively low and rubber stamp the applicants form. If not and there are still doubts then the applicant is then notified in writing that further tests will be required by the panel doctor in the U.K.
So relax a little bit and think of the positives and not so much of the negatives.
Hope this helps a bit,
Gary.

coffeebean Feb 28th 2006 7:22 pm

thankyou - guess its fingers crossed - has anybody ever had visa declined because of weight ????