Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody gone to Thailand for vacation from Melb?

Anybody gone to Thailand for vacation from Melb?

Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:11 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road
Default Anybody gone to Thailand for vacation from Melb?

I would like to get some advices on where to go in thailand for holidays.Which places to visit
and where to stay..
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:47 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody gone to Thailand for vacation from Melb?

Originally Posted by ige
I would like to get some advices on where to go in thailand for holidays.Which places to visit
and where to stay..
Thanks in advance
Our neighbour has just got back from 2 weeks in Thailand. He used a website (for which he is going to give us the details of later), he shared a house with 4 friends (4 bed house) it came with maid and chef and was about USD$350 a night. They flew direct to Bangkok and then another short internal flight.

Absolute bliss was his response to how his holiday went. And he was very stressed before the holiday.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
and where to stay..
Thanks in advance
We live in Thailand for part of the year,what kind of holiday do you want?

Do you want a quiet holiday as in Chiang Mai or Hua Hin.Or a full on Pattaya /Bangkok kind of holiday.

Transport throughout Thailand is cheap,but some of the drivers can be very dodgy on the long journeys (ie BKK/C/Mai)

Do you want an island holiday as in Phuket or Ko samui (very touristy now),a boozing holiday, or to look at the excellent culture,and try the excellent food from many nations.

The climate is probably at it's best now,cool season,should be around 23 at night and 33 during the day,it can be a bit cold at night depending where the winds come from.

The cook and I go up next week for 3 weeks,more info is needed.

Hotels can be anywhere from 6-700 Baht ($20-25) a night ,to some of the best hotels in the world at around $150 -200 per night..

Food can cost anywhere from $1 up,and is always good.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Our neighbour has just got back from 2 weeks in Thailand. He used a website (for which he is going to give us the details of later), he shared a house with 4 friends (4 bed house) it came with maid and chef and was about USD$350 a night. They flew direct to Bangkok and then another short internal flight.

Absolute bliss was his response to how his holiday went. And he was very stressed before the holiday.
like the sound of this type of holiday very much please pm me details if you dont post on here
Rod
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

I've been there a few times from Melbourne.

www.sawasdee.com is a good resource for accomodation.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:55 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
like the sound of this type of holiday very much please pm me details if you dont post on here
Rod
Haven't forgotten you Rod, Neighbour is just working long hours this week. hopefully will spot him over the long weekend
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:00 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
We live in Thailand for part of the year,what kind of holiday do you want?

Do you want a quiet holiday as in Chiang Mai or Hua Hin.Or a full on Pattaya /Bangkok kind of holiday.

Transport throughout Thailand is cheap,but some of the drivers can be very dodgy on the long journeys (ie BKK/C/Mai)

Do you want an island holiday as in Phuket or Ko samui (very touristy now),a boozing holiday, or to look at the excellent culture,and try the excellent food from many nations.

The climate is probably at it's best now,cool season,should be around 23 at night and 33 during the day,it can be a bit cold at night depending where the winds come from.

The cook and I go up next week for 3 weeks,more info is needed.

Hotels can be anywhere from 6-700 Baht ($20-25) a night ,to some of the best hotels in the world at around $150 -200 per night..

Food can cost anywhere from $1 up,and is always good.
Thanks very much geordie for the reply.
Actually i want to go with my wife and our 1yr 1month plus baby.I have never been there before.Where would you think would suit us best.Thanks very much in advance
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
Thanks very much geordie for the reply.
Actually i want to go with my wife and our 1yr 1month plus baby.I have never been there before.Where would you think would suit us best.Thanks very much in advance
Probably not the place to take a young child to.

Chiang Mai for a quiet hol,go to Doi Thep temple in the hills,great views over C/Mai.

Hua Hin or Ko Samui for a quiet beach type hol.

To be honest I think it will be a bit of a struggle as transport outside of BKK is usually a songtaew (ute with seats in the back).

TAT (tourism auth of thailand ) may have info on their site,or C/Mai and Hua
Hin into google should provide loads

Pattaya and Patong (phuket ) should also give loads of info.

Rushed reply as we changed the ticket and head off tomorrow at 10Am,midnight now ,goodnight.

If you go to BKK go to the palace ,brilliant.

Rushed reply as we have changed the ticket and leave tomorrow,10 AM,nearly midnight in Perth now.