Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody going on an ENS Visa?

anybody going on an ENS Visa?

Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough
Default anybody going on an ENS Visa?

I have secured a sponsorship in Perth and applying for an ENS Visa (employer nominated sponsor) is there anybody else doing this visa or anybody done it and what are your experiences? we are now waiting to be instructed to do medicals and police checks
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anybody going on an ENS Visa?

Yeah going on a subclass 120 visa. Everything went straight forward. Had all medicals police cheques (make sure its the ACPO type) and specific requirements to my subclass completed and sent the lot off together. Medicals went about a week or two prior to me sending the Visa application, got an email to say they'd arrived after having to enquire myself. Took a while to find out whether the visa form had actually reached its destination as 'Internationally Signed for' with the Royal mail will only tell you they've made it to Australia.
My application was just for myself and took just short of a month from popping it in the post to me being emailed that it had been approved. Sent passport off their last week for evidencing and received it back on Saturday with a nice new sticker on it.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Romaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Im going on an Ens visa (121). Sent the visa on thurs by ups, arrivied at the destination in sydney today, tracked online. Medicals and police checks very straightforward. Hope to be out in Sept. So far all going very simply. Visa is for me partner and four children. if you need any advice just ask or pm me,

Good luck

Dawn
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:28 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I applied for onshore ENS in Feb and heard nothing since
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I applied for onshore ENS in Feb and heard nothing since

That is well beyond published service standards so have you attempted to find out what is going on? Your file might have been lost, for example.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:08 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
That is well beyond published service standards so have you attempted to find out what is going on? Your file might have been lost, for example.
Yes I emailed a couple of months back and got a generic response, heard stories of others waiting ages and restructuring at the office etc so thought I'd just be patient.
Emailed them again after reading your response and got an email back this morning from a case officer. Just a short message that tbh didn't make a lot of sense but still a step in the right direction
At least I know my application isn't stuck down the back of someones desk!